Never confuse lust for anything other than what it is, do you agree?

Use this forum to discuss the August 2021 Book of the month, "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Re: Never confuse lust for anything other than what it is, do you agree?

Post by Rizki Pradana »

I think lust is bad for the characters. However, I think it's the part that develops the plot. Lust isn't just lusted if you could control it. For instance, humans wouldn't eat if they haven't lust, so I do not totally agree with the quote that the author write in this book.
Regard003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regard003.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Regard003 »

Love isn't lust, lust isn't love. I really agree that lust shouldn't be seen anything more than what it is: physical desire. Zia was totally in lust because she couldn't see the dark side of her lover, she was ridden by physical pleasure.
Janelydia Mwangi
Currently Reading: Bugs, Weeds, and Water
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelydia-mwangi.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg
Reading Device: Android

Post by Janelydia Mwangi »

Well...to some extent lust is lust, however, the subconscious tends to hide our feelings of fear. Zia for example ends her relationship and after a while meets Bruce a young investor and within no time they are dating...that is lust her fear of being lonely and hurting from previous relationship makes her feelings awaken and she wants Bruce at first site that's lust which she thinks is love. This results to her murder. Therefore love can twist itself in lust and vice versa.
julietmumbua23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julietmumbua23.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by julietmumbua23 »

I agree. Lust leads many people astray as they mistake it for love or something else meaningful.
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

Lust should not be mistaken for another emotion. I do agree with the author because love and lust are two separate things. Nothing is more closely related to lust than lust itself.
Fajarr
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fajarr.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Fajarr »

I don't think "lust is just lust" should be a universal concept that applies to everything. However, I agree that for the majority of the time, it really is just that. In the book, it definitely applies. In real life, it gets a little more subjective.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Aivy Daylig
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aivy-daylig.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Aivy Daylig »

Many people mistake lust for love, yet they are two quite distinct emotions. I concur with the author that lust should never be mistaken for anything else. The distinction between the two is that while they both share a connection between two people, lust only seeks sexual fulfillment while love demands more. There is a deeper relationship here.

Return to “Discuss "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold”