Never confuse lust for anything other than what it is, do you agree?

Use this forum to discuss the August 2021 Book of the month, "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold
Flowers123
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flowers123.html
Latest Review: Fragments by Bruce K. Berger

Re: Never confuse lust for anything other than what it is, do you agree?

Post by Flowers123 »

Lust is lust, I agree with the author. If there is any affection attached with lust, I figure it will be pretentious. And it's usually just until the sexual desires are fulfilled. Unlike love that is sacrificial and can wait. The two have nothing in common.
Mwatu
Currently Reading: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwatu.html
Latest Review: Protectors of the Black Prince by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Mwatu »

I do not agree that there is no man that wouldn't take what was willingly offered to them. I do agree however that one should never confuse lust for what it is. In Zia's context, I believe it was more than lust that led her to Bax but the need for an emotional connection.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I agree with the author Lust is just what it is “Lust”. Lust is NOT love. As far as Zia though, she was blind to seeing things the way they were. As I think she felt both emotions but was mistaken as to which was true for her.
Alexandur Gicov
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandur-gicov.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Alexandur Gicov »

Deep and unusual yes and no! Passion is a part of us, and we cannot suppress it all our lives. This part includes love, which changes perceptions and attitudes. But passion leaves the basis of attraction to someone. It may be wrong to think, but each coin has two sides, and everyone can make their own decisions by seeing the world differently.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

I feel like lust should just be lust, if you feel like it is something else, you should confirm what it is. Not knowing what your true emotion is may lead to you breaking other people's whole being or wrecking yourself. Zia does not know her emotions because her relationship before was sexually driven.
Kingsley Emodi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsley-emodi.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kingsley Emodi »

I agree with the author. While lust is basically a craving for someone's body, love is much more deeper than that. Love seeks to know a person beyond sex. It seeks to create a deeper connection. Both emotions were displayed in the book and that made for an interesting read.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

Sometimes people have lust but end up falling in love. Looking back, while reading I felt like the author probably had a sexual experience that reflected or influenced the way the characters reacted to lust or love. Iv had a similar experience with lust where my sexual escapades lead to love so I disagree with the author here
Amanda I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-i.html
Latest Review: Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

Post by Amanda I »

Lust should really never be confused with love, a grave confusion like this would lead to a multitude of problems and confusion. Zia was confused when it came to differentiating lust with love. Lust is what is it, nothing more than that. It could really be argued that lust could turn to love , but Only rare situations would agree with this.
Joy C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 558
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-c.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Joy C »

I don't think lust is just lust. This is because there are no absolutes in life and what starts as lust can get complicated at some points with other emotions coming into play asides just sexual desire. However, in the context of this book, the author did a good job drawing the line between lust and anything else. So, from the book, lust is just lust, and Zia, like all the other victims fell for it.
Begin always with the end in mind. :techie-studyingbrown:
Oluoma C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluoma-c.html
Latest Review: Dread Tribunal of Last Resort by Brian Kaufman

Post by Oluoma C »

Lust is list,no matter the perspective we want to see it from and could be very bad for the people involved,for instance Zia's experience with her lover. I agree with the author that lust is lust! And cannot be love.
Lomyders
Currently Reading: Multiple streams of internet income
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lomyders.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Lomyders »

I do not completely agree that "lust is just lust". This is because in our daily dealings in real life, we may find that lust is quite subjective; but as regards this book, lust is really just what it is - lust. Zia missed that!
Katherine Powell-Polkey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-powell-polkey.html
Latest Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear" by J. Wesley Porter
Reading Device: 1400501466

Post by Katherine Powell-Polkey »

I agree that lust is just lust. The confusion comes from the fact that emotions, and humans in general, are complicated. To only feel lust, and absolutely nothing else, for someone is a rare and difficult feat.
Praise George-kayode
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-george-kayode.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Praise George-kayode »

emeraldlaurice012 wrote: 03 Aug 2021, 07:04 I don't think "lust is just lust" should be a universal concept that applies to everything. However, I agree that for the majority of the time, it really is just that. In the book, it definitely applies. In real life, it gets a little more subjective.
This reply just expresses my thoughts completely. I dont also think lust is just lust. Lust is not necessarily to human. Sometimes we have lust towards material things. I also dont agree that every man alive is willing to accept what you are so willing to offer. This is where integrity comes to play. Some men have integrity.
peace_m
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-m.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by peace_m »

The truth is lust is nothing but lust. Lust can never be love. They both have two different meaning entirely though very confusing at times. Lust is more like emotional and physical attraction while love is more about passionate and compassionate. Zia on the other hand was carried away with the physical attraction and did see the dark side of Barter.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

I don't quite agree with the author on this. I believe that lust could have a variety of factors involved and these need not always be bad. Lust also need not only be about biological urges but could also involve being enticed by someone's personality. I think the author's view is a bit extreme and stereotypes men. While they may be lustful it is not impossible for them to control that lust too.

Return to “Discuss "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold”