Sex and time are non-refundable, aren't they?

Use this forum to discuss the August 2021 Book of the month, "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Re: Sex and time are non-refundable, aren't they?

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

I fully agree. Sex and time are non-refundable. You can't turn back the hands of time to "undo" the sex you had with someone. It is one of those things we learn from especially when the person you gave yourself to, sexually, proves to be unworthy. As for time, we can never go back. Time wasted can never be regained.
Rachael S 1
Currently Reading: Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachael-s-1.html
Latest Review: SandPeople by Cheryl Kerr

Post by Rachael S 1 »

Sex and time are 100%non-refundable. Time is clearly an item that once gone, is completely gone. There is no way to get it back. Sex is very similar. Once you have sex with someone, you can never take that back. There is an intimacy that vulnerability that comes with having sex. If you regret or have doubts, it essentially becomes a waste of time, that again, you can never get back.
Choky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-choky.html
Latest Review: My life uncensored by Cristina Caymares

Post by Choky »

I fully agree with this statement. Because once time has passed there is no going back and once you have had sex with someone you can't undo. The death of those girls in the book was sad and sorrowful. I am sure they immediately wished that they picked better choices.
Praise George-kayode
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-george-kayode.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Praise George-kayode »

Twylla wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 09:26 I loved this quote in the book. It seemed to capture the whole story. For the young girls who were killed, time and sex were obviously non refundable. But it was the same way for Zia - the time and sex were also non-refundable, that experience would always with her - it can't be undone, but she and Bryce decided to overcome that obstacle through forgiveness and building a more trusting relationship.
I completely agree with this post. I also thought sex was not refundable cause while having sex, time is going and time is not refundable hereby making sex non refundable for Zia.
Mwatu
Currently Reading: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwatu.html
Latest Review: Protectors of the Black Prince by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Mwatu »

I agree that sex and time are non-refundable. I felt that the author used the quote as a foreboding of all the psychopathic killings later in the book and to show the nature of Zia's sex life.
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

I definitely think that sex and time are non refundable. Zia invested her time and emotions in a person which did not turn out to be good. If only she could go back in time and change the decisions that she made
:tiphat:
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

Since everything in life is kind of non-refundable, sex and time can also go into this category. It obviously had a big connection to the story, since the quote resonated with Zia's experience (Bax betraying her trust). I would think the same in her situation, so the quote felt important to me too.
Amaka Ike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amaka-ike.html
Latest Review: The Frights of Fiji by Sunayna Prasad

Post by Amaka Ike »

No sex and time cannot and be refundable if mistakes where made we only have to accept it when we realize and try to make good use of the time left. Yes zia gave all her time to Bax, which if she had given it to Bryce it would have been the best. At times life always wanna teach us lessons to avoid somethings in the future.
Primrose Mhlanga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-primrose-mhlanga.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by Primrose Mhlanga »

Time has no stop to it and it cannot be recovered the same way as sex is non-refundable. Sex is like digging a mine for diamonds, once the diamond is extracted and taken away; it cannot be put back in place.
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

Sex will divide opinions however I am of the opinion that it is non-refundable since once given it cannot be gotten back and the experience cannot be reversed no matter the regrets. Time is definitely non-refundable as time wasted or spent is forever lost.
AzmainReviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azmainreviews.html
Latest Review: The New Eugenics by Conrad B. Quintyn

Post by AzmainReviews »

I fully agree with the quote. You can not change back time no matter how many mistakes you have done. You must face the consequences. The same thing applies to sex. A relatable example would be adultery. So many lives and families get ruined and the involved people may have wished they could take back those deeds but to no avail. This quote also applies to many other things in life.
Kingsley Emodi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsley-emodi.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kingsley Emodi »

You can get back everything else you give to a person, but you can never get back time. On that basis, I agree with the author that time isn't refundable.

Having read the book, I have an idea what could have made him feel that way, but sex is always refundable in my opinion.
Lomyders
Currently Reading: Multiple streams of internet income
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lomyders.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Lomyders »

I strongly agree that sex and time are both nonrefundable. As clearly seen in Zia's life in this book, she lost both because she invested in the wrong person.
peace_m
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-m.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by peace_m »

I totally agree that sex and time are not refundable. This two factors are things we loose in one way or the other directly or indirectly. Sometimes we waste time unnecessarily, which we cant redeem and other time we fall in lovely wrongly and do all kinds of thing s because we are love. Sooner or later we realize we we made huge mistake. Those times and sex had can never be redeemed. Case study is what Zia passed through with Bax.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

I think this speaks most strongly about regrets, which was an important theme of the story. You only want a refund when you regret a purchase. Zia regretted her actions and the time she lost during that could not be brought back either.

Return to “Discuss "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold”