Is Jazz honest about herself ?

Use this forum to discuss the August 2021 Book of the month, "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold
Akshi Porwal
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akshi-porwal.html
Latest Review: The Heat Is On by Afzal (Al) Sovani

Is Jazz honest about herself ?

Post by Akshi Porwal »

In the book, Jazz is shown to be the most trustworthy friend to Zia but her actions are very suspicious. No one knows of her family or her having inherited a fortune. She is only confident when dealing with Baxter. She take Zia to New York and takes her out to dinner when it is clearly a threat to Zia's life. Does anyone else feel that Jazz has some hidden skeletons in her closet too ?
Timothy Rucinski
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: The Nutmeg of Consolation
Bookshelf Size: 605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: The Socratic Contract by D C Russell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 24%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

Oh, I think that Jazz is far from being what she seems. After all, Zia says that they are all chameleons and Jazz is just as likely as any of them to be hiding her true colors. I know that there is a sequel coming, and I expect that more will be covered with this. But I'm not convinced that Jazz is one of the "good guys" and perhaps is very much as sinister as Baxter. I also suspect that there might be more going on between her and Jazz's husband. There are too many loose ends in the book and certainly, more intrigue will follow.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

Nope! Not for a minute. I absolutely agree that Jazz is not who she appears to be. Hope that the next book will show what she’s been hiding and who the real Jazz is……
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

I firmly believe that she is very suspicious, if I know her in real life, I would probably keep my distance from Jazz. Waiting for the next book, and I am very excited about what will happen!
Amaka Ike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amaka-ike.html
Latest Review: The Frights of Fiji by Sunayna Prasad

Post by Amaka Ike »

I totally believe she's not showing her true self. Most of all this best friends, with best advice, best motive, move of them always have something up their sleeve, waiting liking a time bomb to release.
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

Jazz always seemed suspicious to me. For her to have been Zia's closest friend she left out a lot of important facts about her life. I also cant wait until I'm able to read the next book. I hope I like it as much as I liked this one.
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

I also thought Jazz's character was too wonderful to be true, but then again, the lesson we should all take away from the novel is to never divulge too much information to a friend who rarely speaks about themselves. I'm looking forward to the next book, which will show how jazz can change its appearance. Zia, on the other hand, is someone I pity. I'm looking forward to seeing how their friendship develops once the truth about Jazz is revealed.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

No, I don't believe that Jazz is perfectly innocent either. I have a suspicion that she might also be getting blackmailed/forced into being a part of this, but I guess we'll just have to wait for the sequel to confirm or deny any theories.
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rizki Pradana »

Yeah, I think Jazz is the same as other characters in this book because Zia was feeling that she is also the same as Baxter. I think we will see it in the next sequel.
Fajarr
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fajarr.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Fajarr »

I firmly believe that she is very suspicious, if I know her in real life, I would probably keep my distance from Jazz. Waiting for the next book, and I am very excited about what will happen!
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Return to “Discuss "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold”