Overall rating and opinion of "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore

Use this forum to discuss the September 2021 Book of the month, "The Fourth Kinetic: Clairvoyants Book 1" by Brady Moore
Chimdiya A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimdiya-a.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore

Post by Chimdiya A »

I would rate it a 4 out of 4 stars, a very interesting storyline, amazing character development, very well edited
Blucabana
Currently Reading: The girl that loved carravalagio
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blucabana.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Blucabana »

I am not a fan of science fiction, but after reading The Fourth Kinetic, I changed my mind. Brady Moore delivers a masterpiece which will leave the audience thoroughly entertained and satisfied. I hope this book is made into a movie, it will be bigger than the Avengers. I really love the diversity in this book. It was wonderful reading the representation of so many ethnicities in the narrative. The pace was slow especially in the beginning. I endorse The Fourth Kinetic, as it will deliver the best of sci-fi entertainment to the reader. It deserves the highest rating of four stars.
Choky
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-choky.html
Latest Review: My life uncensored by Cristina Caymares

Post by Choky »

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This fiction book was intriguing. Although the storyline shifts quickly from different events I believe there will be improvement since it a book series. I like that the book is diverse. Rion was once a difficult teenager to be around then he become someone willing to die for his friends. That's just amazing. I would recommend this book to others that love science fiction because it is worth reading it.
Stephen Ikimi
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-ikimi.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by Stephen Ikimi »

I like the science book particularly because it teaches us to learn and admit to our mistakes. I like how the author admits to the diverse ethnicities and accommodates many of them. I therefore give the book a great 4- star rating and recommend it for a reading!
Tapfuma Murwisi
Currently Reading: The Freedom Building
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Tapfuma Murwisi »

I rate this book a 4 out of 4 ,it's a really good science fiction book about a 17-year-old Rion Grean is kinetic who can move objects with his mind. He has no idea three others like him are also surprised to discover his existence. The four clairvoyants share the same story of origin and bear similar markings on their bodies. When an accident separates them, he finds himself on the run from a covert, militaristic force that sees his kind as wasps that have strayed into the homes of normal humanity. The author is a very good writer and his characters are exactly what makes this book thrilling . I love it
leonard cavallaro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonard-cavallaro.html
Latest Review: A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Post by leonard cavallaro »

Ethan Howe wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 00:28 I gave this science fiction novel 3 out of 4 stars. I liked the special powers posed by the protagonist. I think the writing style is good although it has some typos. I disliked it that the characters are sometimes not well developed. I recommend it to readers of adventure.
I agree that the characters were sometimes not well developed however I disliked the special powers that our protagonist possessed. In its attempt to be unique it ended up being a little underwhelming and detracted from my interest in the book as a whole.
Blossy20
Currently Reading: Understanding the business of health care
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blossy20.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Blossy20 »

I love this book!! Brady does such wonderful job in the creation of this science fiction. The story of Rion who has the ability to move objects with his mind and how he overcomes his challenges to become a hero is very exciting. Even though I do not like the fact that the plot is focused mainly on Rion, however, this is an enthralling novel and I definetly endorse it. It deserves a four star rating.
mark liu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: If Time Stood Still
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-liu.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by mark liu »

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I’m not usually one to enjoy superhero or sci-fi books but this one really stood out. There were genuinely funny moments and I’m looking forward to finishing it.
azengaKE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azengake.html
Latest Review: Wellness Toolbox by Don Roberts

Post by azengaKE »

This book is just awesome.I liked the character development of Rion.The kind of relationship between Rion and his mother was not so open, Rion on the other hand seems to be an introvert,maybe that's why she did not open up to his mother due to fear.The scenes in this book book are just interesting,this fictional book deserves 4 out of 4 stars,nothing less than that.I also liked the writing style, i disliked the too much attention given to Rion by the author neglecting the secondary characters.This however does not mean the book deserves less rating.
Mr_James
Currently Reading: A grand deception
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-james.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Mr_James »

This is the best science fiction I have read in a decade!! Brady Moore delivers a riveting story about Rion who has the ability to move objects. I love how fast the pace of this book is, even though I wish the whole story is not centered around Rion. I absolutely recommend this book to lovers of science fiction. This book will blow their minds. I rate The Fourth Kinetic four stars.
Chris Micheal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopher-n-10.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Chris Micheal »

Rions gift is interesting. I would wish to know how Rion used his gifts because they can be used for the benefit of other people as well. Other characters like Rion should have been better developed in the novel. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars and recommend it to all who love science fiction.
Rocfella
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocfella.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Rocfella »

I must warn you, when you start reading this book, you will not be able to stop until you finish it. Brady creates a beautiful coming-of-age story about Rion who is an introverted teenager, that has the ability to move objects with his mind. The plot is really interesting, even though the novel starts off with a slow pace. However, as soon as the pace kicks off, it is a delight. I highly recommend it.
William Kariuki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-william-kariuki.html
Latest Review: Jesus, Prosperity Gospel and Poverty in Africa by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by William Kariuki »

[amazon=][/amazon]The fourth kinetic is a young adult fiction book which is more than entertaining. Character development has been well done but storyline shifts is a bit of challenging. This however does not alter with the message. I would recommend it as the best young adult fiction book I've come across.
Uchechukwu Okereke
Currently Reading: The Aftermath Of The King
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by Uchechukwu Okereke »

I would rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars. There was a lack of continuity in the story line; Rion Grean went from being an introverted boy who didn't talk to his mother to a very emboldened person and there was no transition, no in-betweens and no reason to do so. There were a bunch of errors in the book especially with capitalization and the author definitely wanted us to know the expressions of the characters at all times! :? But the most distracting element was the clear and distinctive introduction of characters just to never mention them again. There was no story progression, just start, and finish. However, the storyline was very entertaining. I love how the anti clairvoyant military group described the clairvoyants and the entire plot was also very enriched. it would definitely be a 4 out of 4 stars if it wasn't so rushed.
Arunima Halder
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arunima-halder.html
Latest Review: Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook by Fred Sievert

Post by Arunima Halder »

I love sci-fi books, and a combination of sci-fi and fantasy always creates an amazing sense of adventure in my blood. Rion's character is mysterious, cool and also unbelievably witty. His journey of finding out his own identity is what kept me glued to the book. This book definitely deserves a 4 out of 4 stars. Although the beginning was slow, once the book took up its pace, it became an adventurous ride.

Return to “Discuss "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore”