Overall rating and opinion of "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore

Use this forum to discuss the September 2021 Book of the month, "The Fourth Kinetic: Clairvoyants Book 1" by Brady Moore
brooke oakes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brooke-oakes.html
Latest Review: The Intelligence Factor by Erik Fisher

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore

Post by brooke oakes »

MayorE wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 02:54 I rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars. This science-fiction book was an interesting one. My favorite character was, of course, Rion, how he goes from a confused guy questioning everything about his life to a hero is quite inspiring. His ability to move objects with his mind makes you wish superpowers are real. I just didn't like how some characters disappeared too early in the book. The authors writing style is good but the characters need to be developed better.
One of my favorite things is the development of the characters throughout a book. I love learning their story and watching them evolve as the experience different events. I wish some of the characters could have stayed longer so that we could have a better picture of who they were.
Ayomid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayomid.html
Latest Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear" by J. Wesley Porter

Post by Ayomid »

Overall, I would award this book full stars. The writing is clear and simple in well-constructed sentences. The characters e.g Dee and Rion are also consistent.
Flowers123
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flowers123.html
Latest Review: Fragments by Bruce K. Berger

Post by Flowers123 »

This is definitely a 4 out of 4 stars novel. It has all the required qualities to deserve it. The story is extremely engaging. Rion went through so many trials to finally become a superhero. From questioning his existence to hiding from the group seeking to terminate him and even his mother's part in all of these situations gives this story its unique vibes. The author's writing style is great and the book seems professionally edited with just a handful of typos. Altogether this is an excellent coming-of-age sci-fi novel.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I have been super interested in re visiting some of these forum discussions, curious to see what others opinions tend to be. I agree that the characters were well developed and I definitely was hooked from the very first page. Rion ( to me) is an interesting character that kept me intrigued throughout this fabulous book. I can not say enough about the storyline . I absolutely loved it
Lomyders
Currently Reading: Multiple streams of internet income
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lomyders.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Lomyders »

This book is quite interesting. It looks at personal development - accepting one's mistakes, learning from such mistakes, and moving on. Character development was good too, although the characters could have got more time on the pages to make more enthralling actions. I rate 3 out of 4. To the lovers of sci-fi, I recommend this book.
Radwa Abou Shousha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radwa-aboushousha.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Radwa Abou Shousha »

I gave this book 3 out of 4 stars because as far as the storyline went, it was intriguing and pulled me in. This was surprising because I don’t usually read science fiction but the story was really intriguing and the book was very well-written. My only issue with the book was that the author focused too much on the main character and neglected so many supporting characters. I think their stories would have made their book a lot better. Overall though, I really like this book.
Ivvie Ivanova
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading: Beyond Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivvie-ivanova.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Spanish Edition) by Peter Liptak
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by Ivvie Ivanova »

I like the book because the plot was intriguing and the characters felt well-developed. The pacing was also good, not too fast and not too slow. I hope the story will develop upon background character in the next book. I'd recommend this book to any science fiction reader and I'll be reading the next book of the series.
amakaokoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amakaokoye.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by amakaokoye »

I'm giving this book a 3 out of 4 stars rating because of some grammatical errors I noticed, asides that, I really love the book and I also like the writing style of the author. The fact that Rion was able to move objects with his mind was quite fascinating. I recommend this book to all sci-fi lovers.
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Post by Acwoolet »

I’m not usually one for super hero novels, but this one was a lot of fun and well written. Rion’s character growth was impressive and I’d love to have his powers. I think that’s has some good life lessons that follow him as he grows and discovers who he is.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

The genre in this book was science fiction, with a sub-genre of superhero. I enjoyed the theme and the writing, despite not being a huge fan of this genre. I would give this a 4 out of 4.
addicted reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-addicted-reader.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by addicted reader »

I got a copy of this fascinating book from my friend, and for sure, I really liked it. The characters and the storyline were well-developed. For me, 4 out of 4 stars will be fair enough for this interesting book.
fiona monroe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fiona-monroe.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by fiona monroe »

I liked this science fiction book. I would rate it four out of four stars. My favorite aspect was Rion. I felt invested in Rion as a character and I enjoyed reading the book from his point of view. I wish the author had included some of the other characters in the story because they would have elevated the content and plot. The style is also good despite the typos. Otherwise, a good story for any reader who enjoys superhero stories.
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

I have always loved science fiction books. The author's writing style is a good one and I like the characterization of the book. My favourite character was Rion. I recommend the book to readers of adventure.
Jack Watson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jack-watson.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Jack Watson »

I typically do not like superhero books but this is one of the exceptions. The story focuses on more than just the sci-fi aspects. Rion's coming of age and self-discovery are entertaining, relatable, and engaging. The writer's storytelling focuses on Rion and does a good job of centering the plot on his story. I think the book would be enjoyable for fans of science fiction, especially teenagers and young adults.
Lily Baker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-baker.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Lily Baker »

I think the book deserves a four out of four stars rating. I loved the writing and storytelling techniques. Making a single character the central focus of the book is risky for a writer because it can easily make the story monotonous and boring. However, I loved Rion as the central figure. Excellent book.

Return to “Discuss "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore”