Overall rating and opinion of "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore

Use this forum to discuss the September 2021 Book of the month, "The Fourth Kinetic: Clairvoyants Book 1" by Brady Moore
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Overall rating and opinion of "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore

Post by gali »

This is a discussion topic for the September 2021 Book of the month, The Fourth Kinetic: Clairvoyants Book 1 by Brady Moore

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? What did you think of the writing style? What genres are woven into the text? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on: Bookshelves.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 743
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: All You'll Never Be (Kindle Edition) by E. L. Neve

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I gave this science fiction book 4 out of 4 stars because it was well written and provided many life lessons. One of my favorites was that you can learn from your mistakes. I normally do not like superhero books but this one drew me in. I am hopeful that the next book in the series will bring back a few of the characters that were at the beginning of this book and never mentioned again. For example, the boy with the metal foot and the farmer's son who never bathed. I highly recommend this book because of the lessons.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
asteel18
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asteel18.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by asteel18 »

I gave this book four out of four stars because I loved almost everything about it. I was unable to put it down, so I read it in one day. I thought the characters were brilliantly written, especially Rion, who went from a sullen introvert who questions his background and place in life, to a strong (mentally and physically) young man who was ready to die for his friends. The action was so well done it felt like I was there myself, wanting to fight alongside the characters. The only thing that bothered me while reading was the number of times the characters scowl, sneer, and smirk. The author could cut about half of those out and they wouldn't be missed. Other than that, it was a great read and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone.
-Amy
Toby Ronans
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toby-ronans.html
Latest Review: Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler

Post by Toby Ronans »

17-year-old Rion Grean is kinetic who can move objects with his mind. He has no idea three others like him are also surprised to discover his existence. The four clairvoyants share the same story of origin and bear similar markings on their bodies. When an accident separates them, he finds himself on the run from a covert, militaristic force that sees his kind as wasps that have strayed into the homes of normal humanity. Will he determine who to follow while suddenly engulfed within the different factions of the clairvoyants? How is his mother connected with these gifted individuals and the organization that is hell-bent on eradicating them?
The fourth Kinetic: Clairvoyants by Brady Moore is a young adult/sci-fi that brings superpower, psychological thrilling scenes, fantasy, and a lot more.

The overall appearance of this 438-page read is well done and quite eye-catching. The formatting of the book is professional with images and fonts that capture the feeling of “fantasy.” It was action-packed and a real page-turner. The book is carefully arranged, and the narrative develops at a steady pace. While Rion starts as a sulky emo teen who is quite difficult to like, the obstacles he overcomes and the connection he makes with the other people bring out a more vulnerable side that the readers will be able to relate with. I found the fact that each kinetic has its own sets of skills interesting. Rion's gift of telekinesis was interesting. I like the way he used it on the bus driver’s lever so that the kid could manage and catch up the bus. What I liked most about this book was how the main character seems so vivid in the beginning. The ending leaves you with a little mystery.

The story flits too quickly from one plot point to another that there was barely any time for the supporting cast to also grow and develop. The side characters only appear for the most part to serve the main character’s interests. The text needs another round of proofreading. Errors like capitalization issues were numerous enough to disrupt the flow of the reading.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars since I have a minor objection to it. I wish the other cast could have gotten more “screen time”, so to speak. Overall, this is a uniquely written and interesting science-fiction book. The story was compelling and there was hardly any dull moment. The authors writing skill was descriptive and polished. I am prepared to see books in these series and hope to see more from this author.

I could see this book appealing to both young adults and adults. Therefore, advocates for diversity in young adult fiction will enjoy this book for its colorful cast of characters. Those who like fast-paced adventure will equally find this a satisfying read. I would not recommend it to those not interested in science fiction books.
kperm
Currently Reading: Harry Potter The Prisoner of Azkaban
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kperm.html
Latest Review: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog by Michelle Lander Feinberg

Post by kperm »

Bertha Jackson wrote: 01 Sep 2021, 00:12 I gave this science fiction book 4 out of 4 stars because it was well written and provided many life lessons. One of my favorites was that you can learn from your mistakes. I normally do not like superhero books but this one drew me in. I am hopeful that the next book in the series will bring back a few of the characters that were at the beginning of this book and never mentioned again. For example, the boy with the metal foot and the farmer's son who never bathed. I highly recommend this book because of the lessons.
I agree with your rating. The book was nicely written and had well-developed characters. I enjoyed the fact hat it was intriguing and provided life lessons. I believe that all readers who enjoy sci-fi novels should give this book a try.
Benson Mugweru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benson-mugweru.html
Latest Review: The United States of Opioids by Harry Nelson

Post by Benson Mugweru »

I award this book 4 out of 4 stars. Not only is the action mind-gripping, there are also serious thematic concerns that lurk beneath the story. One of them is self identity. Rion starts out as an introverted sulky teen who is unmotivated to make friends because he feels he will soon lose them anyway. His interactions with the other clairvoyants lead to his self discovery and the realization of his impact in other people's lives.
I have always loved stories that contain hidden family secrets. I could hardly wait to know the connection between Rion's mother and the three clairvoyants and the villains who want to get rid of them. That said, I think the author should have imbued some aspects of humor into the story to make it a more enthralling read.
Ethan Howe
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ethan-howe.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by Ethan Howe »

I gave this science fiction novel 3 out of 4 stars. I liked the special powers posed by the protagonist. I think the writing style is good although it has some typos. I disliked it that the characters are sometimes not well developed. I recommend it to readers of adventure.
kperm
Currently Reading: Harry Potter The Prisoner of Azkaban
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kperm.html
Latest Review: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog by Michelle Lander Feinberg

Post by kperm »

Toby Ronans wrote: 02 Sep 2021, 06:12 17-year-old Rion Grean is kinetic who can move objects with his mind. He has no idea three others like him are also surprised to discover his existence. The four clairvoyants share the same story of origin and bear similar markings on their bodies. When an accident separates them, he finds himself on the run from a covert, militaristic force that sees his kind as wasps that have strayed into the homes of normal humanity. Will he determine who to follow while suddenly engulfed within the different factions of the clairvoyants? How is his mother connected with these gifted individuals and the organization that is hell-bent on eradicating them?
The fourth Kinetic: Clairvoyants by Brady Moore is a young adult/sci-fi that brings superpower, psychological thrilling scenes, fantasy, and a lot more.

The overall appearance of this 438-page read is well done and quite eye-catching. The formatting of the book is professional with images and fonts that capture the feeling of “fantasy.” It was action-packed and a real page-turner. The book is carefully arranged, and the narrative develops at a steady pace. While Rion starts as a sulky emo teen who is quite difficult to like, the obstacles he overcomes and the connection he makes with the other people bring out a more vulnerable side that the readers will be able to relate with. I found the fact that each kinetic has its own sets of skills interesting. Rion's gift of telekinesis was interesting. I like the way he used it on the bus driver’s lever so that the kid could manage and catch up the bus. What I liked most about this book was how the main character seems so vivid in the beginning. The ending leaves you with a little mystery.

The story flits too quickly from one plot point to another that there was barely any time for the supporting cast to also grow and develop. The side characters only appear for the most part to serve the main character’s interests. The text needs another round of proofreading. Errors like capitalization issues were numerous enough to disrupt the flow of the reading.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars since I have a minor objection to it. I wish the other cast could have gotten more “screen time”, so to speak. Overall, this is a uniquely written and interesting science-fiction book. The story was compelling and there was hardly any dull moment. The authors writing skill was descriptive and polished. I am prepared to see books in these series and hope to see more from this author.

I could see this book appealing to both young adults and adults. Therefore, advocates for diversity in young adult fiction will enjoy this book for its colorful cast of characters. Those who like fast-paced adventure will equally find this a satisfying read. I would not recommend it to those not interested in science fiction books.
Thank you for such a detailed response. I agree that the plot seemed to jump from one point to another. The book would be much more interesting if Brady Moore payed more attention to developing the supporting characters. In my opinion, the plot was driving the characters and they didn’t have much depth.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

I liked the book very much, but I am compelled to give t=it 3 out of 4 stars. The only reason for deducting one star was an unbalanced storyline and too much attention on the main character(Rion). The other characters were left in his shadow in moments where they could have gotten much more attention. This is the only problem I had with the book. Other than that, everything was great.
Ndive Mzamo
Currently Reading: The Price of Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndive-mzamo.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Ndive Mzamo »

I would this book 3 out of 4 stars
because of minor errors in writing. Exposition plot has been used because of introduction of characters, mood, time and setting. 17 year old Reon with ability to move objects with his mind. I like this book it so interesting, I learnt about clairvoyant which is something that is not so popular. It is recommended for people who love science fiction books.
Deval Sodha
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 372
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deval-sodha.html
Latest Review: Speaks for Itself by Jeffrey Paul Bailey.

Post by Deval Sodha »

The book is an excellent sci-fi novel.
I gave if a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. The storyline is very interesting and the characters and scenes are well described. I liked the character of Rion the most. His ability to move objects with his mind is quite fascinating.
The story consists of suspense that keeps the reader intrigued till the end. However I feel few of the characters mentioned have a very little role in the story.
Overall it is a fantastic book that will appeal sci-fi lovers.
Favour AN
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-an.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Favour AN »

This book was exceptionally written. I think the author did a very good job with the characters. My rating of this book is 4 out of four stars. I couldn't put it down. Although I think the author discarded some characters way too early in the book. However, the book was spot on, I totally recommend. I keep wondering, what if it's possible to move objects with our minds?
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

This book was a page turner from the very beginning. I was immediately drawn in with all of the description!! I normally do not seek out books that are science - fiction, but I couldn’t stop reading this one. I love the authors writing style although I did notice some grammatical errors. However, this does not stop me from giving it a rating of four out of four stars.

The character, Rion definitely was an interesting character.I can only imagine the different world we would be living in if we
Could really move objects with our mind. I didn’t really have a “best” part in the book because I loved all of it. I think if you pick this book up today you will find that you will be addicted as quickly as I was. So my recommendation of this book would you be for science-fiction lovers, suspense followers and anyone who likes books about superpowers .
Authentic Voice
Favorite Book: Selling with Presence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-authentic-voice.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Post by Authentic Voice »

I gave this science fiction novel 3 out of 4 stars. I liked the special powers posed by the protagonist. I think the writing style is good although it has some typos. I disliked it that the characters are sometimes not well developed. I recommend it to readers of adventure.
MayorE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayore.html
Latest Review: Remarkably Intact by Celia Belt

Post by MayorE »

I rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars. This science-fiction book was an interesting one. My favorite character was, of course, Rion, how he goes from a confused guy questioning everything about his life to a hero is quite inspiring. His ability to move objects with his mind makes you wish superpowers are real. I just didn't like how some characters disappeared too early in the book. The authors writing style is good but the characters need to be developed better.

Return to “Discuss "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore”