Overall rating and opinion of "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore

Use this forum to discuss the September 2021 Book of the month, "The Fourth Kinetic: Clairvoyants Book 1" by Brady Moore
19blueofficial
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-19blueofficial.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore

Post by 19blueofficial »

I rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars. Why? Because of the pace the author used in the book, it was too fast. And the characters were not that developed. But it didn't interfere with my enjoyment of the book. This is not my best book in science fiction but I love the plot, and the Rion guy. The author's writing style is also good, so I commend it.
Gabbriel Judge
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabbriel-judge.html
Latest Review: Duplicity by Fin C Gray

Post by Gabbriel Judge »

I had kind of mixed opinions about The Fourth Kinetic. I really liked the level of development that went into how each of the clairvoyant strands actually worked and presented, but the characters themselves felt pretty flat. Take Pavo, for example. He's old, he's wise, and everybody loves him. The same can be said about Auriga. They are both the only two prophets actually shown to us. All of the Predators are hot-headed youths with aggression issues and a lack of respect for authority. They're also almost exclusively kinetics. The lack of world-building and surface-level character development led me to rate it 2 out of 4 stars. I do recommend reading it, though. It's definitely not the best as a stand-alone novel, but as the first book in a series it has a lot of potential.
Lee-2u
Currently Reading: Mirror, Mirror...? A Modern Day Fairy Tale
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lee-2u.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Lee-2u »

I liked everything about this book, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars it was amazing. It was easy to connect with the characters. I liked the protagonist Rion and it will be nice to know that maybe they are people in this world who have the same powers as him.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

This is the first sci-fi book I've rated highly. It's because sci-fi books aren't really my forte. I am very bored of the sci-fi books I've read before. But this book, it was really well-written. I gave it a 3 out of 4 stars.
Susan Kihleng
Currently Reading: Just Give Me a Soft Place to Land
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-kihleng.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Susan Kihleng »

I think it's a fantastic and well-written young adult science fiction novel. I definitely will be recommending it as I would give 4 out of 4 stars. I didn't expect to enjoy this book as much as I did but it's written from an interesting perspective - a 17 year old kid who feels out of touch with his peers due to constantly moving from state to state, school to school, all while wondering how he ended up with these unusual developing powers that he's too scared to talk to his mom about. I found I enjoyed the book quite a bit and really couldn't put it down.
Daniel Jembi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-jembi.html
Latest Review: Sandra Eden's War by Michael Low

Post by Daniel Jembi »

I think the writing style is interesting with good flow. It was as if I was watching a movie. I would rate this book 4 out if 4 stars. Rion's character as the protagonist was well executed.
Cynthia Olyy
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-olyy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cynthia Olyy »

The life lessons are everything to me—self-identity and learning from one's mistake. I agree that the author did a beautiful job with the characters' development. I give a 4 out of 4 Star.
viczboy16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by viczboy16 »

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was really interesting. Science fiction books with characters having super powers like Rion, my favorite character, with a good use of suspense makes me imagine if the events that occurred in the book occurs in our world. I found myself imaging having super powers and being able to move things with my mind. Definitely recommend to lovers of science fiction.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I gave this book a three because the beginning of the book seemed similar to another BOTM recently featured by OBC. The main character is a high school student, a distant (mysterious) mother, doesn't understand his powers, etc. As the story progressed, the plot did branch off into new themes which sparked my interest. The science fiction blended well with the coming-of-age theme. The introduction of characters was a bit overwhelming. I had to make a chart to keep all the groups (aural, prophet, kinetics, etc.) and their powers straight! The author did a good job of creating interest and suspense around Rion and I look forward to reading more of this series.
EternalD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eternald.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by EternalD »

I'm positive that the most suitable score for this book is three out of four stars. As much as it is a fun and easy-to-read work, the storyline is cliché and doesn't add much to what is on the market.
Ruth Naomi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-naomi.html
Latest Review: Peace in the Abyss by Tayo Emmanuel

Post by Ruth Naomi »

I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I do so because of Rion's nature. He trusted easily and wanted readers to see the goodness in other people.
Ruth Naomi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-naomi.html
Latest Review: Peace in the Abyss by Tayo Emmanuel

Post by Ruth Naomi »

MayorE wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 02:54 I rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars. This science-fiction book was an interesting one. My favorite character was, of course, Rion, how he goes from a confused guy questioning everything about his life to a hero is quite inspiring. His ability to move objects with his mind makes you wish superpowers are real. I just didn't like how some characters disappeared too early in the book. The authors writing style is good but the characters need to be developed better.
Though superpower books are not easily inspiring, I have to agree with you that this one was. It was well written and the characters were brought out well.
brooke oakes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brooke-oakes.html
Latest Review: The Intelligence Factor by Erik Fisher

Post by brooke oakes »

Bertha Jackson wrote: 01 Sep 2021, 00:12 I gave this science fiction book 4 out of 4 stars because it was well written and provided many life lessons. One of my favorites was that you can learn from your mistakes. I normally do not like superhero books but this one drew me in. I am hopeful that the next book in the series will bring back a few of the characters that were at the beginning of this book and never mentioned again. For example, the boy with the metal foot and the farmer's son who never bathed. I highly recommend this book because of the lessons.
I agree! I have found that some of my favorite books contain events that that teach the characters life lessons. Those characters tend to be ones that you find relatable, or feel some sort of connection with.
AngieOdeh
Favorite Book: Whale of Wonder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angieodeh.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II

Post by AngieOdeh »

I enjoyed reading this intriguing sci-fi; although, somehow I found it to be a variant of the movie "Jumper". I think the story is entertaining with good action twists. Likewise, I didn't like the lack of development for the supporting characters, I would like a little more depth to their personalities and stories. I rate the book 3 out of 4, it has some typos and other mistakes. I would recommend it to those who love fast-paced stories and paranormal activity.
Amaka Ike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amaka-ike.html
Latest Review: The Frights of Fiji by Sunayna Prasad

Post by Amaka Ike »

I will rate this book 4 out 4 stars because I enjoy superhero books/movies they are my favourite. This book is on a quest of self discovery, Rion trying to know everything about him, making him a wonderful/interesting character. I love every about the book, and it makes us learn from our own mistakes.

Return to “Discuss "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore”