Rion and his mother

Use this forum to discuss the September 2021 Book of the month, "The Fourth Kinetic: Clairvoyants Book 1" by Brady Moore
vitalisvicky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vitalisvicky.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Re: Rion and his mother

Post by vitalisvicky »

Honesty and openness is an essential virtue that should be upheld by people who are closely related like Rion and his mother. That explains why I agree with this statement, and I also believe that things could have been better for the two (Rion and his mother) were open and honest to each other.
Rocfella
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocfella.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Rocfella »

If Rion and his mother had been honest and sincere with each other, then this story will not exist. It is a very vital feature of this novel. If they were both honest with each other, it would have made their lives easier, this is especially so for Rion. He would have been more secure as a kid. He would have clearly known who he was, and this would have emboldened him to find other clairvoyants like himself.
fiona monroe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fiona-monroe.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by fiona monroe »

If Rion and his mother had confided in each other, things would have been different. Rion would not have been so isolated and would have had an easier time figuring things out. Despite her intentions, Rion's mother's failure to confide in her son caused more problems for her son.
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

The relationship between people can either foster unity or enmity. I think that it would be easier for both of them if the mother was open to the son and the son to the mother. Rion's ability would have been better.
Jack Watson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jack-watson.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Jack Watson »

I think that knowing his mother was like him would have made it easier for Rion to cope with the situation. Sometimes knowing that you are not in it alone makes it less lonely and isolating. Having his mother's understanding and support may have changed a lot.
doley
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doley.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by doley »

Bertha Jackson wrote: 01 Sep 2021, 00:24 Do you think if Rion and his mother had been more open and honest with each other things would have turned out different? I do because by hiding their abilities from each other they could not discuss their concerns with each other. This kept Rion isolated from others and kept them on the run. What do you think?
I might be a bit biased about this because I have always loved families to be united. The relationship between Rion and his mother saddened me. I wish they were much more closer than that. The rift between them also cost them and it indeed kept them on the run. They could have been a powerful duo if they communicated better.
Lily Baker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-baker.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Lily Baker »

It would have been easier for Rion if he and his mother opened up. Rion would not feel so isolated and would have helped with his abilities.
Chimdiya A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimdiya-a.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Chimdiya A »

Things would have taken a different turn if they had a better relationship going on,where they are both truthful and genuinely care for each other.
Wesley Friday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesley-friday.html
Latest Review: Bar Maid by Daniel Roberts

Post by Wesley Friday »

It definitely would have changed the circumstance had mother and son been more open to each other about their abilities. It would have helped them in many aspects. On the other hand, we're talking about a teenager here. Most teenagers in real life tend to be less open to their parents. It is only fitting that the author uses this to his advantage by using it to propel his plot and making it more realistic as opposed to presenting a perfect realtionship.
Blucabana
Currently Reading: The girl that loved carravalagio
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blucabana.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Blucabana »

Absolutely!! If they were sincere with each other, the story would have been quite different. Rion would have been more secure and sociable. He would have had the courage to seek out other clairvoyants much earlier than he did in the novel. If Rion and his mother communicated better, they would have had a stronger relationship. However, it is important to note that without the 'secrets' between Rion and his mother, this story would not exist; it is an important feature in the novel.
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

I gave this book 4 out of 4 stars because it teaches the reader to learn from their mistakes. I love that, and that is actually my life moto. I love the storyline, and I think this book deserves the recognition it gets.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

Obviously, things would have turned out differently if Rion and his mother kept no secrets from each other from the beginning of the story, but that clearly wasn't the direction the author wanted the story to go. The direction the author drove this story was what made it an interesting read. I wouldn't rather it went the conventional direction.
Choky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-choky.html
Latest Review: My life uncensored by Cristina Caymares

Post by Choky »

I totally agree that if his mother was honest about everything things would have been different. They would have gotten help and avoided being on the run. Rion would not have felt secluded and alone all the time.
Asfiya Z
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asfiya-z.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Asfiya Z »

I think there wouldn't be any story then. But this isn't acceptable from a mother, like hiding things from her son. He shouldn't have kept things from him as this wasn't fair for Rion.
azengaKE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azengake.html
Latest Review: Wellness Toolbox by Don Roberts

Post by azengaKE »

If Rion and his mother had been open to each other with no secrets between them,then things could have turned out different.The nature of Dion of not keeping secrets could have been the reason his mother didn't have an open dialogue with him.Either way, it was the best decision she made.

Return to “Discuss "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore”