Rion and his mother

Use this forum to discuss the September 2021 Book of the month, "The Fourth Kinetic: Clairvoyants Book 1" by Brady Moore
Alexandur Gicov
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandur-gicov.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Re: Rion and his mother

Post by Alexandur Gicov »

Of course, that would affect Rion's isolation. But the other thing to note is that the story would have taken on a very different look if the development had been otherwise. The reason that they hide from each other provides a basis on which to work.
Oluoma C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluoma-c.html
Latest Review: Dread Tribunal of Last Resort by Brian Kaufman

Post by Oluoma C »

Rion's mother over protective nature influenced his introvert character and again the realization of having super powers,must have contributed too,as he felt he is different from the others.
Sara chhawniwala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-chhawniwala.html
Latest Review: Living Abroad: Challenging the Myths of Expat Life by Jim Santos

Post by Sara chhawniwala »

I feel Rion and his mother should have spoken to each other. Communication is the key to good relationships. I agree that Rion could have avoided being isolated. But if they had shared the secrets with each other wouldn’t it have affected the storyline?
Lomyders
Currently Reading: Multiple streams of internet income
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lomyders.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Lomyders »

Yes, things could have turned out differently if Roin and his mother were more open to each other. This is because, they both would have felt comfortable discussing their individual challenges, thus getting the needed support to help go through such challenges successfully.
Mercy119
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fireside119.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Mercy119 »

I think Rion's mother kept her abilities hidden from her son because she wanted him to feel normal. I wonder, however, why she didn't factor in the possibility of genetic inheritance. She should've hinted to her son that he could possess supernatural abilities. That would encourage him to open up more.
SnowStorm244
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Courageous
Currently Reading: Looking Glass Friends
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowstorm244.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by SnowStorm244 »

The problem I have with that theory is if she was a first-generation clairvoyant, why doesn’t she have three dots on her wrist. Maybe Rion didn’t see them, therefore they didn’t get mentioned in the story. I understand Rion’s mother wanting him to feel normal, but they both understand that there not.
Ivvie Ivanova
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading: Beyond Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivvie-ivanova.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Spanish Edition) by Peter Liptak
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by Ivvie Ivanova »

Lack of communication causes more trouble than people might suspect. Rion could have had a better life and handled everything in a healthier way if his mother had been more open and simply told the truth in time.
SnowStorm244
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Courageous
Currently Reading: Looking Glass Friends
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowstorm244.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by SnowStorm244 »

I do agree with especially in this situation. But maybe she didn't say anything because, it would spark the hidden powers inside of him. If he never found his powers out on his own time and she didn't mention them to Rion then perhaps he lived a completely normal life. Before he became friends with Aries, Rion didn't know to the extend of his powers, or that he could fly.
Katherine Powell-Polkey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-powell-polkey.html
Latest Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear" by J. Wesley Porter
Reading Device: 1400501466

Post by Katherine Powell-Polkey »

It definitely would have made a difference. Learning how to do anything on your own is not easy and having a mentor or some kind of help makes a huge impact on almost all of your choices.
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

Yes, I believe things would have been different if Rion and his mother were able to open up with each other because it would have made Rion associate with others and made things much easier for them. Yet I would want to know why her mother did not open up to him.
peace_m
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-m.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by peace_m »

I agree with you. I think if the Rion's mother was open to Rion about their unique abilities, Rion would have known how to refine his powers and probably avoided the whole war. But on a second thought, that strategy was what kept the plot moving, which really defined the storyline at the end on how they both overcame their fears.
amakaokoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amakaokoye.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by amakaokoye »

Yes, things would have definitely turned out differently, including the storyline, it'd have changed, or probably there won't be no story at all because the book centres on the secret Rion's mom kept away from him. I feel Rion's mother would have been more honest and open to Rion about her powers and his too.
Orji Gift 1
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orji-gift-1.html
Latest Review: The Thundering Herd by John E. Peltier

Post by Orji Gift 1 »

Rion mum did well by not telling him about at his powers at first, but she should have told him when he grew up. I would say that she didn't find Rion mature enough to tell him
addicted reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-addicted-reader.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by addicted reader »

Absolutely true. The relationship between Rion and his mother was not that open, and this contributed much to Rion's nature. I do agree that things would have been different if the two were open to each other like a mother understands her son and vise versa.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

I honestly think Rion would have navigated life differently with either a bit more confidence or comfort knowing that he wasn't alone. I don't understand how a mother could hide such an important part of her son's life. But I guess the fact that the mother kept some things as a secret added another layer to the storyline, making it a bit more interesting and not too predictable.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM

Return to “Discuss "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore”