Is this another coming-of-age fantasy about a super-powered teen, his friends and rivals?

Use this forum to discuss the September 2021 Book of the month, "The Fourth Kinetic: Clairvoyants Book 1" by Brady Moore
Mellino Itz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Re: Is this another coming-of-age fantasy about a super-powered teen, his friends and rivals?

Post by Mellino Itz »

This book seem to have a common storyline with most science fiction books I have read in the past but I must say the author did so well keeping the story interesting and including some unique theme such as on racisms and discriminations.
bello olayiwola m
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bello-olayiwola-m.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by bello olayiwola m »

You and I both agree. A student finds it difficult to make friends and becomes a loner as a result. He comes from a dysfunctional home and has an unsatisfactory life in general.
Mercylib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercylib.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Mercylib »

To me, the story felt like another coming-of-age, science fiction, fantasy novel. The fighting scenes and action were interesting, but an author would have to go far to set himself apart from the crowd in creating a completely unique, unpredictable super-power story.
Mercylib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercylib.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Mercylib »

I think it most definitely is, i hate books that have almost the exact same consent and story of other well know and published books, this one for instance is practically the bad version of the X-Men series, authors need to come up with something new and exciting, it's ok to have the same concept, like teens with super powers but you need to add the spice to make it stand out

Return to “Discuss "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore”