Rion’s inability to keep a secret

Use this forum to discuss the September 2021 Book of the month, "The Fourth Kinetic: Clairvoyants Book 1" by Brady Moore
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis

Re: Rion’s inability to keep a secret

Post by Susan Gibbs »

mohamed benziane wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 17:30 Actually it is, it's a little confusing how from one hand he is a social introvert ND shy and does mingle with people or talk to them or make eye contact, and on the other hand he spills everything about everyone to anyone, maybe that's why he does chat with people because he can't keep his mouth shut :lol:
I agree with Mohamed Benziane that it doesn't make sense for an introvert to openly speak about private information. I guess the author has the prerogative to develop his characters' personalities and actions as he wants to.
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

There is a difference between trusting someone and overly trusting someone. Rion used to trust people because it was the safest option but I never felt that he was overly trusting people.
Mellino Itz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

Rion is one character i could very much relate to. Considering he grew up with so much secrets hidden away from him, he found it difficult to build up his self confidence. people who grew up this way easy trust anyone who gives them a little attention. Rion's failed to give Rion the upbringing required to withstand the tough world.
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Post by Amanda Warner »

Rion's inability to keep secrets wasn't something I adored, as that possibly made him more vulnerable. It would have been better if he kept most secrets to himself.
Monica Omonigho Bennymoore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monica-omonigho-bennymoore.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Monica Omonigho Bennymoore »

Rion is too trusting and still a teenager. I would not consider his character as inconsistent yet as he still can be excused per his age. It also depends on his upbringing and the need perhaps for him to feel accepted and loved. he is too open minded to a fault and thinks everyone has an open and simple mind. I have a 7 years old who is too trusting and try to put him in check so that she does not put the family in harms way by her openness and trust. He might say something innocently to a stranger and we would be in trouble. If he gets to the age of 25 and still gives out all information, i would consider that an error and irregularity.
Adekeye Hassan musab
Currently Reading: My Other Half
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adekeye-hassan-musab.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Adekeye Hassan musab »

Well it wasn't surprising to me as sometimes me myself act that way. It also proves the goodness he has at heart, people don't really like secretive people. This also quite proves how badly he needs friends after a long time of loneliness.
bello olayiwola m
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bello-olayiwola-m.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by bello olayiwola m »

With this trait of Rion, I'm not all that surprised. Certainly, there were several times during the novel when he should have kept his mouth shut, but I believe the author made Rion out to be an innocent youngster who trusts too readily. In any case, it was a little silly of him to continuously reveal information in the story.
Mercylib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercylib.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Mercylib »

I think that Rion divulging information has deferent factors in different situations. However I don't appreciate him giving away information so easily. But trusting easily can be a positive point in earning back trust.

Return to “Discuss "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore”