Rion’s inability to keep a secret

Use this forum to discuss the September 2021 Book of the month, "The Fourth Kinetic: Clairvoyants Book 1" by Brady Moore
peace_m
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-m.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Re: Rion’s inability to keep a secret

Post by peace_m »

I am not really surprised that Rion trusted the people around him and divulged secrets easily. I have met quite a number of people that are like that in nature. The truth is good to have people with good heart like Rion in this world. Imagine a a world where everyone suspects everybody and hide things from one another, what will become of us. Yes, Rion's attribute is very risky but when in union with similar kind of person, Trust would not be far-fetched.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Rion is a good person who sees good in others. However, in some cases, he was just naive. His naivety is probably one of the reasons his mother did not tell him about his special abilities.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

Trusting people with your information sometimes pays off but often than not, you get into more trouble divulging sensitive information about yourself even to family members because they may end up using them against you.
vitalisvicky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vitalisvicky.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by vitalisvicky »

I was not surprised at all with Rion's "weakness" of sharing secrets with people he came across. This is likely to happen to any child who is dealing with the same problems.
fiona monroe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fiona-monroe.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by fiona monroe »

Not really. Rion's willingness to share information is in time with his personality and character. I thought Rion is quite naive and innocent, therefore, he is more likely to give others the benefit of a doubt. His innocence and good nature make it more likely for him to assume the same in others.
Jack Watson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jack-watson.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Jack Watson »

I think Rion trusted people too easily with sensitive information. However, it was somewhat endearing to me because it reinforced the idea of him being an innocent good-natured person.
Kazak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kazak.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Kazak »

It isn't surprising. I know for a fact that some people would do this. They'd divulge family matters, even secrets to strangers.
doley
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doley.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by doley »

cluetop wrote: 01 Sep 2021, 00:49 Throughout this book, I was dumbfounded at how easily Rion trusted the people around him and divulged secrets. He was quick to explain anything and everything (flash drive, powers, info about mom etc.) to each person he met whether it was Pavo, the Predators, or Psyriin. What do you guys think? Was his almost constant cooperation surprising to you?
This part of the plot was very surprising to me. I was astonished at how he was very willing to divulge the information. I would have thought these were things he would want to keep a closed mouth about. I think this could only happen in movies and novels. Human beings are not that trusting in real life.
Wesley Friday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesley-friday.html
Latest Review: Bar Maid by Daniel Roberts

Post by Wesley Friday »

Nathaniel Owolabi wrote: 02 Sep 2021, 05:57 I am not too surprised by this simply because I know someone who acts similarly. Although I don't behave the same and neither do I approve, but I have to admit that it sometimes pays off. Trusting people can sometimes be what makes people replicate trustworthiness. However, I have to say that if you overly trust people you would oftentimes be let down. But Rion is just a character in the author's and the readers' minds, so I guess his fate lies in the hands of the author.
True, his fate lies in the hands of the author, but maybe it's possible to make a few deductions based on his actual character. Rion doesn't have muc of a social life in school and his relationship with his mother isn't that great as well. Could you say that such a character is attention-starved? Or perhaps lacks some social needs which can only be fulfilled through interaction?
It seems that's case and due to this nature, he is more likely to hold unto people who show him the least interest. What do you think?
Asfiya Z
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asfiya-z.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Asfiya Z »

Well, Rion's character, capabilities, and fate, all lies in the hands of the author. We all learn from experience that trusting everyone isn't something that is appreciated. Maybe Rion never had a bad experiment.
Stephen Ikimi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-ikimi.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by Stephen Ikimi »

I was profoundly shocked by the fact that Rion was able to share secters with anyone he met along. We all learn from the experience that not everyone can be trusted well. Because not everyone has good intentions for us.
Choky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-choky.html
Latest Review: My life uncensored by Cristina Caymares

Post by Choky »

Easily trusting people has its merits and demerits. I did not appreciate Rion telling people detailed information. But he is a good person so I understand and there are other factors that led him to keep doing this.
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Beatus »

You see it that way because of the environment you grew in and people around you. There are people who would trust in default. It doesn't mean it is bad but may have negative consequences when wrong people are trusted.
Gabriella H
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: A Man Who Would Be King
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella-h.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Gabriella H »

Well, some people have a problem with keeping secrets or generally keeping their mouths shut. I don't get how someone who barely used to talk to people suddenly developed loose lips, but oh well. So, in a way, it is both surprising and not so surprising.

Maybe this was caused by his upbringing. After all, he was too shielded.
Joe Candle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joe-candle.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Joe Candle »

I think the thing is in his psychology. He act's like a nice guy and he thinks that it's the only way of acting in the world and that it is the most effective one. If I was in his place I would have acted differently.

Return to “Discuss "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore”