Rion’s inability to keep a secret

Use this forum to discuss the September 2021 Book of the month, "The Fourth Kinetic: Clairvoyants Book 1" by Brady Moore
AzmainReviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azmainreviews.html
Latest Review: The New Eugenics by Conrad B. Quintyn

Re: Rion’s inability to keep a secret

Post by AzmainReviews »

The way Rion trusts other people is very dangerous even in the real world and even more so in the situation, he is in. Just for gaining mutual trust, you can not be that trusting. It makes it difficult to survive in his situation. Keeping secrets does not necessarily make you a bad person, especially for someone in a situation like Rion.
Nonso Ok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-ok.html
Latest Review: A Murder in Brownsville by Donald Steven Collins

Post by Nonso Ok »

I think just like some of us, Rion trusted easily because he felt everyone was good just like him. Although, I may act differently in some situations but there is nothing surprising here.
Lee-2u
Currently Reading: Mirror, Mirror...? A Modern Day Fairy Tale
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lee-2u.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Lee-2u »

Rion had to learn to accept that not everyone is as good as he thought. There were consequences of his actions if anyone decided to do the same. On the other hand, he is a social introvert who doesn't like to mingle with people. He does it because he can't keep his mouth shut or he secretly wanted to be liked by those around him.
Ra Ka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ra-ka.html
Latest Review: The Frights of Fiji by Sunayna Prasad

Post by Ra Ka »

I think Ryun is a good person so he easily trusts people
He believes that everyone is like him, but in my opinion, even if he trusts them, he should not reveal his secrets to everyone
Elon Gathungu
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elon-gathungu.html
Latest Review: Red Wave Imperative by Alan Schein

Post by Elon Gathungu »

I did notice Rion's willingness to share information and secrets. However, it did not surprise me. It kind of made sense because he is portrayed as a good, innocent person. His trusting nature likely comes from the nativity of innocence. Good, innocent people tend to trust easily.
SnowStorm244
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Courageous
Currently Reading: Looking Glass Friends
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowstorm244.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by SnowStorm244 »

It is somewhat interesting that he would divulge his secret to multiply people after trusting no one. I find it odd that he didn't trust nor cared about anyone except for his mom, and then boom! cares for everyone now. He tells every secret that he has to anyone and everyone that would listen. I don't understand how he made such a fast transformation from no one to everyone, but I think that it's a problem. Life is about balance, you can't trust everyone, because that could lead you to some serious problems. But, you also can't shun every body, because then you are alone.
Sara chhawniwala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-chhawniwala.html
Latest Review: Living Abroad: Challenging the Myths of Expat Life by Jim Santos

Post by Sara chhawniwala »

Rion's inability to keep a secret, according to me is his one of the many traits. There are many who trust others easily and share something they probably shouldn't have; just like rion did. For me it was alright. It did not bother me much.
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

The book was really perplexing to me. Rion was initially depicted by the author as a shy small boy, but as time went on, he became more comfortable with sharing secrets. We can't really judge him for being ignorant because he's still a 17-year-old kid. However, in the future, the author should stick to the plot.
Ivvie Ivanova
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading: Beyond Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivvie-ivanova.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Spanish Edition) by Peter Liptak
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by Ivvie Ivanova »

It seemed like Rion was quick to divulge because being useful could make people stay so he would finally establish a connection.
amakaokoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amakaokoye.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by amakaokoye »

Considering that the author made Rion an innocent, easily trusting little boy, it wasn't surprising to me at all. Trusting people can sometimes make one earn back that trust but trusting just everyone can get one disappointed.
Praise George-kayode
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-george-kayode.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Praise George-kayode »

cluetop wrote: 01 Sep 2021, 00:49 Throughout this book, I was dumbfounded at how easily Rion trusted the people around him and divulged secrets. He was quick to explain anything and everything (flash drive, powers, info about mom etc.) to each person he met whether it was Pavo, the Predators, or Psyriin. What do you guys think? Was his almost constant cooperation surprising to you?
Yes, I felt the same too, dumbfounded. Rion thinks everyone is like him. Thinking everyone is a good person can be problematic and dangerous. and that was Rions flaws, he couldnt hold a secret.
Joyjim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyjim.html
Latest Review: Leora's Letters by Joy Neal Kidney

Post by Joyjim »

Although his openness was surprising, it added to my enjoyment of the book. It a trait that is absent in other similar stories. So I was curious to see how he would stay out of trouble with such openness.
Sonya Nicolaidis
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonya-nicolaidis.html
Latest Review: My Delightfully Dysfunctional Family by Loraine Hartley

Post by Sonya Nicolaidis »

Even though Rion started out being very closed, he certainly did change as the story goes on. The incongruity of this behavior makes me think that the author was using it as a literary technique to drive the story forward, and it doesn’t necessarily compromise the character himself. If anything, it makes him more interesting.
Orji Gift 1
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orji-gift-1.html
Latest Review: The Thundering Herd by John E. Peltier

Post by Orji Gift 1 »

Rion should have kept what he found out to himself. Telling people about you is nice if they are good but how would you differentiate the good ones from the bad ones.
addicted reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-addicted-reader.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by addicted reader »

Rion's habbit of revealing secrets might have been contributed to by his nature. According to my view, Rion also had a weakness of trusting anybod. Though, revealing some secrets may lead to troubles.

Return to “Discuss "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore”