Did the Predators turn "good" too easily at the end?

Use this forum to discuss the September 2021 Book of the month, "The Fourth Kinetic: Clairvoyants Book 1" by Brady Moore
SnowStorm244
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Courageous
Currently Reading: Looking Glass Friends
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowstorm244.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Re: Did the Predators turn "good" too easily at the end?

Post by SnowStorm244 »

I believe that it was too fast of a wrap up, however people can change. To degree and how fast depends on the person. When it comes to the Predators, their change happened so quickly that didn’t seem that real.
brooke oakes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brooke-oakes.html
Latest Review: The Intelligence Factor by Erik Fisher

Post by brooke oakes »

It definitely didn’t have a typical ending, and at first I though I missed something. The twist in the end made me curious about what happens next. I think it’s hooks like this that make for a really good book series. I’m hoping the next book adds some insight to help this make more sense.
Nonso Ok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-ok.html
Latest Review: A Murder in Brownsville by Donald Steven Collins

Post by Nonso Ok »

I was quite surprised seeing Perseus and Aquila helping Rion. I think the author rushed it a bit and the way they turned good was shocking.
Vishnu Priya B
Currently Reading: The Unwanted Guest
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vishnu-priya-b.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Vishnu Priya B »

I found that them changing sides was too unbelievable. Aquila and Perseus were the last people I expected to help Rion. It just didn't fit their character arc. At the very least, I would have been satisfied to find some signs indicating the change and ultimately their actions, perviously.
Amanda I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-i.html
Latest Review: Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

Post by Amanda I »

I agree that it seemed a little bit rushed and too easy. It was surprisingly how the characters surprisingly turned around to help Rion at the end. We really should have witnessed a stronger battle before the change.
AzmainReviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azmainreviews.html
Latest Review: The New Eugenics by Conrad B. Quintyn

Post by AzmainReviews »

This felt kind of an abrupt plot twist. Maybe it was done intentionally by the author to prepare the next book with an explanation for this event. Still, it felt too uncharacteristic for the Predators.
Prarthna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prarthna.html
Latest Review: The Farmer by Sam Braidwood

Post by Prarthna »

I was also surprised by this twist and the ending seemed to be rushed. Aquila and Perseus’s change of heart was a little unrealistic. Maybe in next book, we will get to know the reason behind this incident.
ej_author
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ej-author.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by ej_author »

19blueofficial wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 08:38
That's all a strategy to get them by their side and when their close enough they stab them at the back, easy and short. But if indeed their genuine, which I doubt, then I don't know. So to me it's not a force or a change of character. I feel like they're just pretending. I just don't know why. But we'll find out their real intentions in book two.
You may be right! It seemed like the author was trying to paint them as actually being genuine, but I could be wrong. This is a good theory!
"No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader." --Robert Frost
Alexandur Gicov
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandur-gicov.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Alexandur Gicov »

The reversal follows the events, and the events follow the reversal. But this also raises the question; What would have happened if Aquila and Perseus hadn't helped Rion? But there is always a part of the answer in the question, at least that's what I think.
Oluoma C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluoma-c.html
Latest Review: Dread Tribunal of Last Resort by Brian Kaufman

Post by Oluoma C »

The twist of events in this book was rather too fast and intriguing too,I mean who would have thought Aquila and Perseus would help Rion?
Lee-2u
Currently Reading: Mirror, Mirror...? A Modern Day Fairy Tale
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lee-2u.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Lee-2u »

I was surprised by how Perseus and Aquila sacrificed themselves to let Rion and the rest of the school escape. I never thought that they would have been so self-sacrificial even after get beaten in a fight. This was a really dramatic plot twist, as their intentions were to kill Rion. It's exactly how major plot changes should be done in most novels.
Kibabcock
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibabcock.html
Latest Review: House of Dads by June Gillam

Post by Kibabcock »

The ending was definitely a surprise. However, we did see a quick change in the Preditors prior to the ending, when Aries suddenly took Rion’s side. The other Preditors were quick to want to hand Rion over but Aries didn’t want that to happen, which leaves me wondering why. The ending did have a sense of being rushed with the quick change in attitude from Perseus and Aquila which I am hoping this is done to prepare us for the second book.
Kazak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kazak.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Kazak »

It was definitely forced. I wonder if they hadn't sacrificed themselves, the book would have ended. Would the ending have worked otherwise. Still, it seemed contrived
doley
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doley.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by doley »

This is a somewhat tough one. I like it when authors can create unique storylines. And I like it when they explore their creativity. I also think Aquila and Perseus were little too fast with their change of heart. However, I think that was the whole point. The author tried to introduce what the readers least expect. That is creative if you ask me.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

Yes I believe the predators turned good too easily in the end, it would've been more interesting to see them turn to the good side slowly rather than the way it was.

Return to “Discuss "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore”