How informed is the author about magic

Use this forum to discuss the September 2021 Book of the month, "The Fourth Kinetic: Clairvoyants Book 1" by Brady Moore
The_knight
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-knight.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Icon How informed is the author about magic

Post by The_knight »

Throughout the book We Are Voulhire, Someone else End, the author clearly and vividly descipted how magic is used. Even if you didn't know anything about magic, the use of clear description gave me a clear picture on how the magic was utilized. To my question , is it important in all circumstances to always vividly describe something in order to relate a full picture or something has to be left out for the reader to figure out.
Niklaus Mikaelson 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Niklaus Mikaelson 1 »

It is not out of place for the author to leave out somethings for the reader to fill in by themselves. It is also good to express and showcase the whole idea to the reader.
Nyasha Gogoma
Currently Reading: Mere Christianity
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyasha-gogoma.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Nyasha Gogoma »

I think it could go either way. To ask whether the author is informed about magic might be a bit unfair since magic is not universally accepted as being real. In that case, I think it is quite important for the author to elaborate in detail on the kind of magic they are writing about, since magical practices, spells, and enchantment may vary according to the author's fancy. However, there are some things that may be left to the reader's own imagination, especially if the details are not as important as the outcome.
Osazuwa Ogbebor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osazuwa-ogbebor.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Osazuwa Ogbebor »

I think the author didn't as much as he could in his descriptions know magic. Magic is not even widely accepted as real, so there really is no consensus on which is standard or not
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

Quite enough for the story. I wouldn't say perfect cause I'm not sure anyone is perfect in these fields, therefore the author's knowledge was great and it served well in the book.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
julietmumbua23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julietmumbua23.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by julietmumbua23 »

As far as I am concerned, the author knows a lot about magic. I have read books such as Harry Potter and I could say this book rivals them.
ELSETH MAEVE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elseth-maeve.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by ELSETH MAEVE »

Just like religion, I think that magic usage also varies. A person's exposal also matters, and their thoughts too. I also think that to be unique, you need to differ from rest. It depends on a lot of reasons because we all view things differently.
Mellino Itz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

I think the extent of the authors description on magic was quiet enough for this book. I loved it. I think depending on the circumstance or the degree of perception the author want for his readers he can choose to describe things fully or maybe leave some details to the readers imagination.
bello olayiwola m
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bello-olayiwola-m.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by bello olayiwola m »

It might go either way, in my opinion. It could be a little unfair to inquire about the author's knowledge of magic given that magic is not generally acknowledged as a reality. If such is the case, I believe it is crucial for the author to go into great depth regarding the type of magic they are writing about, as magical rituals, spells, and enchantments might change depending on the author's whim. Certain details, especially if they are not as crucial as the result, may, nevertheless, be left to the reader's imagination.
Mercylib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercylib.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Mercylib »

I think the author didn't as much as he could in his descriptions know magic. Magic is not even widely accepted as real, so there really is no consensus on which is standard or not

Return to “Discuss "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore”