Do you wish that you knew and had read this medical handbook before? (You may share your story, if you feel comfortable)

Use this forum to discuss the October 2021 Book of the month, " Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Re: Do you wish that you knew and had read this medical handbook before? (You may share your story, if you feel comforta

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

Suekihleng wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 19:01 Yes, absolutely wish I had this book on hand before! I moved to a remote tropical island a little over 20 years ago and we have faced medical emergencies countless times over the years. Our biggest issue was when our infant daughter stopped breathing. Thankfully we were able to get her medical attention in time but I always wondered what I could have done differently to prevent some of the lasting damage that took place. But there have been so many other instances as well - an elderly man having a heart attack and I was the only person available to help him, a man chopping his foot nearly off with a machete while cleaning coconut trees in my yard, my husband having a severe head injury when falling off the roof, a close friend falling from a coconut tree and shattering his legs, just to name a few. Fortunately in each of these instances, no deaths occurred. But it's always a good idea to be prepared. I've had to learn that the hard way.
I'm a bit shocked by the huge number of people whose lives almost ended, and I'm really happy they are still alive today. You mentioned about wishing to prevent some of the lasting damage that your infant daughter sustained, and I do hope those weren't so bad.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

Thank you for the question. After my health challenge recently, where I was diagnosed with a severe health challenge, I knew that I needed to have to know the step to take in my predicament. Coming across this book, I felt this was what I should have known before now. I almost lost my life due to a lack of information and proper knowledge on health.
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

Fortunately for me, I have not needed any of the information provided in this book prior to reading it, but it does not stop me from wishing I could have read it much much sooner. You never know when such information will be heaven-sent.
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

Elendu Ekechukwu wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 03:23 I wish I had read this book earlier before now. This book is an eye opener to me, I now eat healthy food, take exercise. This book helped me understand the implications of not taking ones health serious.
This is true Elendu. This simple instructions may seem ordinary and common, but they go a long way if put to practice. I wouldn't say I wish I read it before, per say, but am sure it is so for more than a couple of readers.
Anthonio042
Currently Reading: Sex, Genes and Rock 'n' Roll
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthonio042.html
Latest Review: "INVASIONS: 'Killing og the Indian'" by Don Diehl

Post by Anthonio042 »

I am in the same situation as you. My father was diagnosed with a cancer a year ago, but he died too soon due to a lack of foreknowledge and emergency management. If I had read this book a year ago, he might have survived and even extended his life with us. Although cancer is in some ways intractable, he has other illnesses that can be supported by knowledge of dealing with emergency cases.
Kingsley Emodi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsley-emodi.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kingsley Emodi »

A student died of heart attack during a basketball game in my school. I wish I had read the part of this book that discussed heart attack. I would have saved a life that day.
Rachael S 1
Currently Reading: Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachael-s-1.html
Latest Review: SandPeople by Cheryl Kerr

Post by Rachael S 1 »

I, fortunately, have not had any medical emergencies in my life that have needed real attention, but as I get older, I am sure this is something that will quickly change. This book feels like something you should always have in your collection, just as you should always have a basic first aid kit. You never know when you might have need. I am glad to have found this book and expect to have need for it over the next few years.
asteel18
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asteel18.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by asteel18 »

I do. Only because I've taken trips to the ER that weren't necessary and not gone when I should have. Right from the beginning, the author explains how important it is to assess the situation and provides examples of how to do that.
-Amy
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

in 2006 our family dog bit my mom on her leg and we all stared and watched her in pain till we got to the hospital. But I never really felt like should have done more. while reading this book I was only fascinated by the facts. But I don't think just reading this book makes me confident enough to help someone who might need such medical help.
Buk Nerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buk-nerd.html
Latest Review: Ribzkniks by Y M Georges

Post by Buk Nerd »

I know my health would have benefitted immensely if I had read this book earlier. My journey to an all round healthier lifestyle would certainly have began much sooner. I would have worked out for the right reasons and binged less on fizzy drinks and junk food.
"Literature is the most agreeable way of ignoring life." - Fernando Pessoa :techie-studyinggray:
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

One time In high school, someone opened a window without knowing that I was standing just outside and the window hit me right in my face and the glass broke. I was bleeding furiously and lost a lot of blood before I could get to the hospital because no one around the school knew much about first aid and the school nurse was unavailable. If people knew stuff from this. BOok I would not have had a near death experience.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

Elendu Ekechukwu wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 03:23 I wish I had read this book earlier before now. This book is an eye opener to me, I now eat healthy food, take exercise. This book helped me understand the implications of not taking ones health serious.
Yes... It definitely made me rethink my diet and feeding choices. I did not realize how affected iv been by these feeding habits. Sadly most people are still ignorant about the whole thing
Elisa Joy Ocasla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elisa-joy-ocasla.html
Latest Review: Speech! by Simon Prentis

Post by Elisa Joy Ocasla »

Basically, yes, reading some of the author's notions made me consider that reading this beforehand would have saved and helped me from several incidents that would have put me in accidents and emergencies. This book is essentially a helpful handbook from which anyone can benefit. Furthermore, with this handbook, healthy and secured living would be guaranteed.
Virginia Mati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-virginia-mati.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Virginia Mati »

My answer to this question is an absolute Yes. A few months ago, I longed to have some medical knowledge on the subject of the book. The situation was accompanied by a sense of hopelessness and desperation. Probably, if I would have some knowledge about it, at least I would be well advised.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

Despite the fact that the internet is now accessible at any time, my desire to read this earlier remains. This useful handbook contains a wealth of beneficial and salient ideas and medical practices that can be implemented to reduce the severity of specific illnesses, diseases, and can help in possible emergencies. It has been established satisfactorily because it is supported by evidenced and objective data on which people can freely rely on. Having said that, this handbook deserves to skyrocket as a reference for possible health conundrums.

Return to “Discuss the "Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey”