Overall rating and opinion of Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey

Use this forum to discuss the October 2021 Book of the month, " Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey
William Kariuki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-william-kariuki.html
Latest Review: Jesus, Prosperity Gospel and Poverty in Africa by Elijah Oladimeji

Re: Overall rating and opinion of Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey

Post by William Kariuki »

The handbook is awesome as it has detailed on medical facts and what is to be done in case of illness. It also equips its readers with first aid knowledge which has become essential in the modern world. The book is best suited for everyone who would like to keep healthy as well as help others in case of any health related problem.
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

I think it deserves 4 stars, as it has discussed most common things that can help us in daily life. I myself would have benefited from it if I had read it a little earlier. It'll lead you towards a happier and healthier life. And it will give you some basic learnings of medical science as well.
Uchechukwu Okereke
Currently Reading: The Aftermath Of The King
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by Uchechukwu Okereke »

It's definitely a 4 out of 4 star rating but just barely. Stay with me. it's a book I would want to recommend to everyone and at every level. The book is very well detailed, the diagrammatic illustrations help you understand concepts being described even better so much so that even a child could utilize the information if he studies the book and it is very useful in almost every scenario, since it is mostly comprised of things we regular folks could do to save a life if needed. The chapters breakdown also make it easy to skim through and get to the point quickly without hassle in the case of an emergency. However, there were a few errors in the book and some words and principles were so compact and advanced that they eluded me. A situation which could potentially affect how a first time user would be able to use the book. Especially if needed in an emergency situation.
Satwik Mohanty
Favorite Author: H.P. Lovecraft
Favorite Book: My Living Will
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-satwik-mohanty.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 6063

Post by Satwik Mohanty »

I can easily give this book four stars. The amount and accuracy of valuable medical information given in this book are outstanding! And I always like to read a book with pictures in it! :lol2:
Arunima Halder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arunima-halder.html
Latest Review: Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook by Fred Sievert

Post by Arunima Halder »

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. This book provides well-researched information about first aids. In this busy world, diseases and various other health problems are increasing in number. This book has such a valuable guide towards administering the immediate aid, that it can be qualified as a real gem. I truly appreciate the efforts of the author in trying to reach the readers with his lucid language. William W. Forgey has written a book which has massive capabilities in teaching people to help those who need it.
jide_76
Currently Reading: The Freedom Building
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by jide_76 »

William Forgey's Preppers Medical Handbook is a manual every home should possess.
It's simple to understand for a layman and compact enough (diagrams and references) for a professional who seeks more knowledge.
I would have rated this book 3.5 out of 4 if the author had not been professional enough to attach a disclaimer, to prevent the risk of over-reliance on the book.
Where there are no pharmacists, nurses or doctors and there is an emergency - this material is good to go.
I endorse it with 4 over 4!
Midun99
Currently Reading: Legacy of the Fae
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-midun99.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by Midun99 »

This book deserves a 4 out of 4 stars. The details that has been put into consideration is commendable. The book was exceptionally well written with valuable information that could save lives and is easy to fully understand is hard to come by. I also love the fact that it comes with vivid and explanatory diagrams to help people to have a more accurate perception. I would recommend this novel to anyone at all since a lot of people are basically clueless when it comes to offering first aid in critical moments.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

This book is valuable and informative. We all need to know what to do if we find ourselves in emergency situations for instance. Even if you are not a medical expert or student, you need to know basics of what to do in an event of an emergency. The structure of the book impressed me the most because it allows the readers to pick and choose which topics they want to read first and jump straight to those without "losing" some information that was covered previously. The book's content gets a full star rating from me. 4 out of 4!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Adelee Grobler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adelee-grobler.html
Latest Review: Hemiphos by Stefanie Jacob
Reading Device: B0979KD57W

Post by Adelee Grobler »

I’m thankful a book was written in such a way that anyone can understand without a medical background. It might save someone's life in a life or death situation.
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

This book is very insightful and I'd recommend it to all readers, not just those in the medical field. Emergencies happen and we all need to learn basics of what to do or what not to do in such situations. Also, it taught me what conduct to expect from first responders in various emergency situations. The book was clear with only a few minor errors. I awarded it 4 out of 4 stars.
Miracle Chidera 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miracle-chidera-1.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by Miracle Chidera 1 »

This book is a gem💎. The fact that the author thinks it is important to educate 'preppers' about emergencies is awesome. But we should remember that this book is surely for first aid. You know, do this tiny work while we wait for the DOCTORS. This handbook is not equivalent to a medical license.
Marlene Venter
Favorite Book: The Complete Sherlock Holmes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marlene-venter.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Marlene Venter »

This book belongs in every home and can even be taken along when one travels. The book is informative and narrated in an easy-to-understand form. A handbook like this can save lives where professional medical services aren't available. This would make a wonderful gift for loved ones as well.
Emmanuel Anyalewechi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pharmemma.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Emmanuel Anyalewechi »

This is informative, a book that can guide people who have no medical background on the approaches to follow when there is a medical emergency. The presentation makes it easy for people who are not medically inclined to be able to access and sort the information they need. I can recall a few people who have lost their lives due to the inability to get vital first-aid. I can not deny the fact that the author must have made a lot of research to come up with these comprehensive approaches knowing the fact that issues that relate to medicals are not just mere imagination. I will rate this book four out of four stars.
Raquel Sojo
Currently Reading: Egomaniac
Bookshelf Size: 410
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raquel-sojo.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Raquel Sojo »

I find this book very useful and valuable for the medical information it provides. What I like the most is that it teaches you to be prepared for basic situations before calling emergency services that can help you save lives. I didn't find any unpleasant aspects. I found the writing style easy to understand for anyone. I would definitely recommend this book. It deserves a rating of 4 out of 4
dcruzsammy
Currently Reading: Wilderness Cry
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dcruzsammy.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by dcruzsammy »

It truly deserves four stars. Not only it is informative for people who have no medical background, it also could be a literal life-saver . The author also wrote and described things in a way that will be easily understood by the reader. I'd still be wary to do some of it in real life due to no med background or practice, but some of it will be really helpful.

Return to “Discuss the "Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey”