Overall rating and opinion of Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey

Use this forum to discuss the October 2021 Book of the month, " Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Re: Overall rating and opinion of Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

I think this book was a 3 out of 4. It was very informative and descriptive. It provided a precise knowledge of first-aid procedures which are very useful. I would recommend this book.
Katherine Powell-Polkey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-powell-polkey.html
Latest Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear" by J. Wesley Porter
Reading Device: 1400501466

Post by Katherine Powell-Polkey »

Like many others on here, I would give this book 4 out of 4 stars. I would definitely recommend it to everyone because of how important the information is. It's similar to how I recommend everyone keep a first aid kit on hand.
Sonya Nicolaidis
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonya-nicolaidis.html
Latest Review: My Delightfully Dysfunctional Family by Loraine Hartley

Post by Sonya Nicolaidis »

This book certainly does deserve a full star rating, not only because it is so comprehensive and well-written, but also because it contains such valuable and life-saving information. I can’t help feeling that handbooks like this will grow in popularity as a by-product of the isolation we all experienced during the recent pandemic and, to some extent, the need to look after ourselves. A book to be read in advance, though, so that in the event of a crisis, we know how to handle things.
evraealtana
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Signature of All Things
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evraealtana.html
Latest Review: Never Teach A Pig to Sing. It is a waste of Time by Freida Atwood

Post by evraealtana »

I was a little skeptical about this book at first, but I was pleasantly surprised. It seems like a genuinely useful reference for non-medically-trained people (most of them) who find themselves in remote situations or who would like to be more prepared in case of a disaster.
addicted reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-addicted-reader.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by addicted reader »

This a great book that provide very vital knowledge to it's readers. Individuals really need to know how to handle emergency cases in order to save lives. According to me, this book undoubtedly receives a perfect rating of 4 out of 4 stars.
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Apple 7 »

Knowledge of first-aid is the prerequisite for the survival of any victim in an emergency.......the provision of such knowledge via this plaform is highly appreciated.. it's normally a 4 out of 4, cause such knowledge shouldn't be taken lightly...a wonderful read
vitalisvicky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vitalisvicky.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by vitalisvicky »

This is an excellent book that I would recommend to those who love reading non-fiction books, and those who want to learn basic medical knowledge. The inclusion of pictures in the book aided in comprehension of the entire book. Because of its informative nature, I'm giving it a full rating of 4 stars.
Asfiya Z
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asfiya-z.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Asfiya Z »

This book contains valuable information about medical care, which is generally deemed to be useful. As the author did a good job describing everything for every type of reader, I appreciate the author's attention to detail, which makes everything easy to understand. Because emergency situations can occur at any time, if someone reads this book or has the knowledge that the book contains, they can save someone's life.
Rocfella
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocfella.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Rocfella »

I think that this book is a necessary and practical book written by a top-notch medical professional. This text is easy to understand as William executes it with simple and concise diction. Through this book a layman will learn first aid techniques so as to be able to survive medical emergencies.
The part of the book that examines herbal remedies should be more comprehensive.
The author pens the book with great skill, I did not find any error in it.
I endorse this book because medical emergencies can occur at any time to anybody. It is imperative that everybody gets the information contained in this book. This book is impressive, and I definitely rate it 4 out of 4 stars.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

I have to agree that the book deserves a 4 star rating. The information is well researched and presented in such a way that even a layman can understand. When it comes to emergency situations, one needs to know what to do in order to save a life.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

I like the fact that the book is a medical handbook that is accessible to everyone who would want to read it. The book has information about primary things that we can do even in the absence or before the arrival of a doctor.
Blossy20
Currently Reading: Understanding the business of health care
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blossy20.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Blossy20 »

In my opinion, this book is very important to everybody, because medical emergencies can happen to anybody at anytime. I love how practical the book is. However, I think William could have done a more detailed job in several aspects of the book. His writing style is simple, clear and professional. I recommend this book to everybody that has come of age because the content of the book is very helpful especially for medical emergencies, and could literally save lives. This work deserves a four star rating.
Luke Howard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luke-howard.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Post by Luke Howard »

I definitely think it deserves 4 stars. It was so quick and easy to read, and I loved how much info it had packed in it. It's very useful for any layperson.
Maithreyee Shankar
Currently Reading: Stop Doubting Yourself!
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maithreyee-shankar.html
Latest Review: Real Secrets Of Life by Krishna Jagarnath

Post by Maithreyee Shankar »

It's is so informative and clearly formatted. The details in the book would absolutely be helpful in most of the crucial situations and also gains us confidence in handling. I would definitely rate four put of four stars
Alexandur Gicov
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandur-gicov.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Alexandur Gicov »

Above all, it can be assumed that it would be useful in some circumstances that do not require a good knowledge of medicine. What is impressive is that some procedures in the book require much better knowledge to apply procedures in which an unprepared person can make mistakes and worsen the condition of the endangered. There is not much to discuss the writing style, as the author has selected the information well and categorized it in a good structure. My answer to the last question is, Yes! But with the recommendation, I would also say that some procedures should not be applied if the one who intends to apply them to a person in need has not done it before or does not have the necessary knowledge. In that order and with all that I said, I can rate this book 3 out of 4. And that is my personal opinion.

Return to “Discuss the "Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey”