Overall rating and opinion of Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey

Use this forum to discuss the October 2021 Book of the month, " Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey
Jimmy Irvin
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-irvin.html
Latest Review: Nemesis Horizon Project by Eric Stephen Booth-Driver-Robinson

Re: Overall rating and opinion of Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey

Post by Jimmy Irvin »

Since I have a nursing background, I am quite impressed with this medical book. I would definitely give it 4 out of 4 stars. The first aid aspect of it alone makes it a good read. It would be a great book to have on hand to refer to in case you ever got into a situation and needed a refresher on what to do. It also uses easy to understand terms and does not get the reader bogged down in medical jargon.
Gloria Jane
Currently Reading: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gloria-edmund.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Gloria Jane »

The information accuracy, detailedness and usefulness of having a medical handbook is a win for me. I would rate it a solid 4 out of 4 stars.
Lasty Kondijo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lasty-kondijo.html
Latest Review: Let's Help You Self-Help! by Anthony Jacob Braaten

Post by Lasty Kondijo »

I gave this book full rating as there was no any major dislike i met. What i like most was the authors choice of words. the words used by the author was very easy to understand.
Amenrodion
Currently Reading: Fates Sweet Passion
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amenrodion.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Amenrodion »

I rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars. I live in a country where access to first-aid and emergency is not easily accessible so, a book like this can save lives.
Bridgette C 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridgette-c-2.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Bridgette C 2 »

It is an essential read. It will be a good reference for preparedness. It is easy to understand and helpful in discussing it with the family and maybe the community as well. It's worth reading.
Rashi Agrawal
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashi-agrawal.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Rashi Agrawal »

A good medical reference guide for those who feel safe only when prepared for the worst. It is a very interesting read, even if you are not a dedicated prepper, you'll find many good ideas for your own readiness pantries. The author obviously spent considerable time and effort to share the medical knowledge he has accumulated during his career. I enjoyed the guide and have already shared much of the information with my family and friends. Definitely worth the reading time.
Jodeci 007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodeci-007.html
Latest Review: Inspiring Moments by Crystal Holdipp

Post by Jodeci 007 »

The book contains a few practical pieces of advice in regards to health, and I found the pictures and diagrams highly helpful. The only thing I did not like was that some of the advice still required verification from other doctors to gain a full understanding. Three out of four for me.
Faith - Benny Any
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-benny-any.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Faith - Benny Any »

For me, this book is so educative. The fact that it shared tips that covers medical emergencies is worth applaudable. The author's writing style is also great. I recommend it to persons that love educative books, because they will find it interesting.
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Susan Gibbs »

My overall opinion is that it deserves 4 out of 4 stars. I liked how the author explains in detail. He gives just enough detail so that non-professional medical people will understand the terms and procedures. At the same time, it is not too simplistic. There are drawings and cross-references to other pages with further details. The book is logically arranged for quick reference. I think it will be successful in its aim, which is to assist those who need to administer emergency basic care because professional help is delayed or cannot arrive at all. I would definitely recommend it to everyone.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Harsh Soni 3
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: How To Be Successful
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harsh-soni-3.html
Latest Review: Money Habits Grandma Taught Me by Luke Pentagon

Post by Harsh Soni 3 »

It is a 4-star for me. This book tells you about how to deal with medical emergency in detail. In my opinion, everyone should read this book as one to know how to do first aid. I am excited to see this is book awarded with the title of “Book of the month”.
Jimmy Irvin
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-irvin.html
Latest Review: Nemesis Horizon Project by Eric Stephen Booth-Driver-Robinson

Post by Jimmy Irvin »

This was a very well written medical book. I am a retired Registered Nurse so I was able to read the book with the eye of s medical professional. I like the fact that Williams wrote the book in a way that anyone would be able to understand it. This would also make a great coffee table book, and a good conversation starter. I would rate the book a 4 out of 4 stars.
beauri21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beauri21.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by beauri21 »

The book is quite informative and educative. Having such medical knowledge at one's disposal is very pertinent. We all know how emergency situations can just pop up unexpectedly, at such times one would find the knowledge in this book coming in handy. It's a 4 out of 4 rating for me.
Bello Qudus Ola
Currently Reading: Pick the Plot
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Bello Qudus Ola »

William w forgey has done an amazing work on compiling an enormous amount of basic data about the medical profession into this educating and informative handbook which could serve has a guild to everyone in time of need. on the scale of 1 to 10 ii will rate the book 9 out of 10 :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

As an individual who has limited medical knowledge, I give this book a big thumbs up and 4 stars. It is not only informative but the techniques shared in it are life-saving and explained in a simple manner that even people like me can understand. Emergency situations are exactly that, emergencies. At that moment, you need to react fast and cautiously to save a life or at the very least, to prevent worsening a situation. So the basics of first aid and other techniques shared in this book are essential.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Luchris_klaus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-klaus.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Luchris_klaus »

The book is entirely informative. It contains information that can help people in an emergency medical situation. I would recommend the book to everyone because anyone can fall victim to emergency situation.

Return to “Discuss the "Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey”