Overall rating and opinion of Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey

Use this forum to discuss the October 2021 Book of the month, " Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Overall rating and opinion of Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey

Post by gali »

This is a discussion topic for the October 2021 Book of the month, Preppers Medical Handbook by William W Forgey.

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? What did you think of the writing style? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on: Bookshelves.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Kira Bonita Reece
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Box Set
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kira-bonita-reece.html
Latest Review: Starboard Eight by Brian Casey

Post by Kira Bonita Reece »

This book deserves a 4-star rating. I like how helpful and informative it is. It's good to know at least first aid procedures in case of medical emergencies. I like how the author allows you to jump to the section that best suits you. That was very thoughtful
Anil G
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-g.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Anil G »

Overall opinion is that this book is useful with valuable information about medical care. I like the detailing of the author which makes everyone easy to understand and nothing disliked about as the author did a good job describing everything for every kind of reader. I'll recommend this book to everyone because life emergencies can happen anytime so if someone has read this book or have the knowledge that the book contains then they can save someone's life.
A great author communicates to readers through books. - Anil Gupta
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

I think the book deserved a four stars rating because of the information it contains and the experience of the author. A book that educates the public on how to manage emergency health situations is invaluable most especially when it comes from a professional. Indeed, the four stars in deserved.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

I think this kind of book is underrated because people don't give them the importance they deserve, I appreciate this book and applaud the author for addressing this type of situation, it's imperative that you know first aid procedures in case of accidents or unwanted situations so I would rate his book a 4 out of 4
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

My overall opinion of the book is that it is very informative. It avail the readers necessary first aid instructions in the case of emergency and how to prevent survivable medical conditions. These fact is what i like most about the book. I will gladly recommend the book to others because everyone deserves to know first thing to do in time of accident or medical attack. I will rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.
Goodness C N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-c-n.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by Goodness C N »

Knowing crucial first aid rules and how to apply it without being exactly a medic can save lives. I will give it a four over four rating since it explored well-thought topics.
Lorraine De Vos
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Indian Immigrant
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorraine-de-vos.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Lorraine De Vos »

I love it when medical professionals share their knowledge with the masses. Our current times do not always allow for immediate medical response in case of emergency, thus a handbook like this might come in handy.
Lorraine De Vos
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Indian Immigrant
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorraine-de-vos.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Lorraine De Vos »

The pictures in this handbook make the instructions easy to follow and it helps if a child is the only one available to assist in case of an emergency.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I thought this book was written with much thought put into it. The author arranged the topics perfectly so the reader can skim over to what they are looking for. It’s very informational and I appreciated the knowledge that was shared.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

I have been in an emergency situation recently, and it was almost confusing that the medical personnel had no idea of what to do. Surely, I would recommend it to anyone who is in the medical emergency field.
Dr Chocha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dr-chocha.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Dr Chocha »

This book deserves the full rate, 4 out of 4 stars. I Love the fact that the author wrote this book intending to educate people in the medical field. And the inclusion of pictures in this book makes it easy to follow the knowledge shared.
asteel18
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asteel18.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by asteel18 »

I was very impressed with how detailed this book was. There was so much information but I believe anyone could easily understand the instructions. I also liked the addition of herbal therapies along with traditional medicine. I was worried about downloading this to my Kindle instead of getting a hard copy, but it works just fine on the Kindle.
-Amy
Anthonio042
Currently Reading: Sex, Genes and Rock 'n' Roll
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthonio042.html
Latest Review: "INVASIONS: 'Killing og the Indian'" by Don Diehl

Post by Anthonio042 »

Preppers Medical Handbook by William W Forgey's has been well documented and has gleaned on clinical and scientific research before it has been ascertained. There are several insights and procedures to acquire from the book, and it will be vital to anyone who finds themselves in an emergency situation and is impotent to seek professional assistance. The dissertation format is profound, and it is partitioned into chapters comprised of illustrations that eventually piqued my attention. One thing that just irked me was the author's terms and brimming principles, which were displeasing at times and made me difficult to understand. In addition, there are a few minor errors in the book that I unearthed. Overall, I give it 3 out of 4 stars. But don't get me wrong, this book is highly recommendable and has the potential to skyrocket as a fundamental blueprint to rely on.
John Owen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Post by John Owen »

It's a 4 stars for me. I feel it could help people know which conditions they may be having and exactly what to do. I once witnessed someone die simply because the people around didn't know what to do. The doctors later said that a simple pumping on his chest could have maintained flow of air into his lungs and possibly save him (he had breathing difficulties before he passed on.)
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.

Return to “Discuss the "Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey”