Are you satisfied about the accuracy of the content?

Use this forum to discuss the October 2021 Book of the month, " Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey
Elon Gathungu
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elon-gathungu.html
Latest Review: Red Wave Imperative by Alan Schein

Re: Are you satisfied about the accuracy of the content?

Post by Elon Gathungu »

I think the book is accurate and helpful. I am not a trained medical practitioner so I cannot tell if any details or steps were omitted. However, the details included are accurate and informative. I would not expect any reader to use a single book as a reference when researching or learning healthcare techniques. Therefore, the very few gaps a medical professional would notice can be supplemented with further research. I think the author did a good job.
fiona monroe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fiona-monroe.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by fiona monroe »

I think the book is accurate. I sought out other healthcare materials after reading this book. The information I got from the other sources is consistent with the book. I love that the book challenged me to expand my healthcare knowledge.
Gift_Ibeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Gift_Ibeh »

There was nothing in the book that was out of line for me. I'm in not in the medical field to judge it's accuracy.
Muskan Upadhyaya
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-upadhyaya.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Muskan Upadhyaya »

My father is from medical background, but I truly don't have any understanding about the technicalities of the medical field. However,I found the author's knowledge and content of this book quite accurate.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Blossy20
Currently Reading: Understanding the business of health care
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blossy20.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Blossy20 »

I am absolutely satisfied with the accuracy of facts presented in this book. First of all, William Forgey is a reputable and experienced doctor. There is no way he will pen down erroneous facts. Secondly, I scrutinized many facts in this book, as I read it; I did not find any inaccuracy in its content. The content of this book is correct, and is very helpful to the common man.
Tim_writes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tim-writes.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Tim_writes »

Your knowledge of medical accuracy for a medical emergency might be different from others. Since the author has personal experiences with his methods, I don't think they should be any problems then.
Mr_James
Currently Reading: A grand deception
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-james.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Mr_James »

I have read this book completely and I investigated the facts contained in it. I can confidently say that the content of this book is very correct and beneficial. I respect William Forgey for his professional achievements and experience. A seasoned doctor like William will not present inaccurate facts to the world.
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

Sushan wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 00:05 I noticed some points in this book which are out of the standard and accepted practices as per my knowledge. Few of them are, giving CPR even before securing cervical spine (just because there is no breathing, and even before checking pulse) , ending primary survey after the assessment of circulation and including AVPU assessment in the focussed assessment, but not in the initial assessment, etc.

If anyone of you who read this book is with some professional medical knowledge and a practice, did you notice any more flaws like this? Are you happy about the accuracy of the content of this book?

I believe the author's work displayed extensive research and proof of the information provided. This is because the author sought to appeal to both medical professionals and non-medical professionals as well. It, therefore, would be not only disappointing but also embarrassing if the information is proven as inaccurate and thus unreliable.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Rowan The-First
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rowan-the-first.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Rowan The-First »

The information is accurate based on my opinion. I can't say any flaw in the accuracy of the information provided because I am not a medical professional. The information is also practical making it more accurate because you can practice it.
Christine Onyango 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christine-onyango-1.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Christine Onyango 1 »

I am not a medic, but I can say that the information provided seems very helpful.y opinion is that if the author got any more technical in the description, then the target audience would be lost. I feel like the book has been worded in a manner that would enable the common man out there without any training to do what's required during an emergency or to sustain a healthy lifestyle. This may consequently lead to inaccuracy. I applaud the author for making the effort.
Rocfella
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocfella.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Rocfella »

Absolutely, I did my own research and everything Dr Forgey stipulates in this book is very correct. The author for crying out loud is a reputable and experienced medical doctor, why would he want to risk his entire career by publishing inaccurate facts.
Shivansh_007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivansh-007.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Shivansh_007 »

I think this book contains every major thing that you need to know about medical to a certain level. It will be helpful to you if you're in a situation which requires medical aid but there is no professional around. So I'd say I'm satisfied with it.
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

I was pretty much satisfied with the content of the book as it discussed most of the common things that can help us in situations which require the help of an expert. Definitely comes in handy for any medical situation, unless you are put up to do a surgery or something, that should be kept for the professionals only.
William Kariuki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-william-kariuki.html
Latest Review: Jesus, Prosperity Gospel and Poverty in Africa by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by William Kariuki »

The book is impressive and I think that it more than accurate. For nonmedical students it has been elaborated in a layman's language thus the message is home and safe. To the author, a big bravo!!
ajib_bacha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajib-bacha.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by ajib_bacha »

I am not a medical personnel, so I cannot vouch for complete accuracy of the content, but as far as I read I found the content making sense.

Return to “Discuss the "Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey”