Are you satisfied about the accuracy of the content?

Use this forum to discuss the October 2021 Book of the month, " Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey
Badmusjamiu44
Favorite Book: Just Give Me a Soft Place to Land
Currently Reading: Preppers Medical Handbook
Bookshelf Size: 14

Re: Are you satisfied about the accuracy of the content?

Post by Badmusjamiu44 »

Although i am not a medical professional but i found the book so educating, interesting and helpful..at the same time my knowledge is widened by the vivd explanation of how surgery is hanlded this increased my interest in the book.
Janelydia Mwangi
Currently Reading: Bugs, Weeds, and Water
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelydia-mwangi.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg
Reading Device: Android

Post by Janelydia Mwangi »

The content is educative though am not a medic so some instances you needed the Google companion to understand better with more explanations not just definitions.
Larissa Sawers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-larissa-sawers.html
Latest Review: Speaks for Itself by Jeffrey Paul Bailey.

Post by Larissa Sawers »

I have no medical training, so I cannot speak about the accuracy, however, I did have some concerns. These techniques could save someone's life in an emergency. However, I remember hearing that doing CPR incorrectly, could do more harm than good. The book did recommend getting further training. If there is no choice prioritizing the life of the person is best, but it might be a good idea to see if the help of a professional is available first. From the little I remember about first aid and other things, those sections seem accurate to me.
Asya Shpakovskaya
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asya-shpakovskaya.html
Latest Review: Overcoming Systemic Prejudice and Discrimination: by J. Dawson Williams, D. Min.

Post by Asya Shpakovskaya »

Suzer6440 xyz wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 10:24 There was not any inaccuracies in my eyes. I think the author did a great job with the information provided. My thought is that the book was written more for a non-professional person to gain knowledge about topics they may not know much about.
I'd agree with the quoted post, as the book does not provide any over-complicated terms, it's easy to comprehend and, probably, use in real life, for non-professional in the field primarely. I do believe that the Medical Handbook can help to save someone's life, however a brief medical course in an offline group woul benefit a non-professional much more, not to mention medical school. Anyway, a useful book to read.
Essy Nma
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essy-nma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Essy Nma »

I didn't notice any inaccuracy in the book because I am not a medical practitioner. However, based on my judgment, I was satisfied with how the author laid down his points.
julietmumbua23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julietmumbua23.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by julietmumbua23 »

I am not an expert on the topic but I thought that the content was useful. I cannot speak for its accuracy
Maha Ata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maha-ata.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Maha Ata »

I don't have much medical knowledge and I found the book really informative. There could be differences in some of the practices across the world. Everyone can always do more research if they are keen to learn.
Agbata precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-precious.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Agbata precious »

lumenchristi wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 11:16 I am not a medical professional, but i found the information present as accurate as possible. Since the target audience is not primarily medical professional, I think we should applaud the effort of the author.
I agree with this.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

Although I am not a medical expert, I thought the information provided was as accurate as feasible. While medical professionals are not the primary target audience, I believe we should recognize the author's efforts.

Return to “Discuss the "Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey”