Are you satisfied about the accuracy of the content?

Use this forum to discuss the October 2021 Book of the month, " Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Are you satisfied about the accuracy of the content?

Post by Amy Luman »

I think that some of the information included in this book is outside of the norm for medical care, but I can’t see anything that will really hurt if used. Many of the suggestions are for those who are not medically trained.
Ra Ka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ra-ka.html
Latest Review: The Frights of Fiji by Sunayna Prasad

Post by Ra Ka »

I think the author was accurate
In the information in the book he was great at explaining the procedures in detail and adding pictures for further clarification was good. For me the information is accurate and I congratulate the author for his efforts.
Oluoma C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluoma-c.html
Latest Review: Dread Tribunal of Last Resort by Brian Kaufman

Post by Oluoma C »

Yes,they are accurate 7 on a scale of 10.
It explained medical terms in the easiest form that anyone can understand it.
ellaiela
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellaiela.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by ellaiela »

While I may not be a medical professional but I found that what the author wrote in this book is mostly accurate. Moreover, the author did suggest seeking further medical knowledge and training if necessary.
"It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting."
-The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

What usually informs the content of professional book is the target audience. Authors tend to simplify their information into segments that can be deciphered easily by the target audience. In this case, I believe the author worked well to write content that was easily understood by the readers, whether they were or were not medics.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
J Edwards
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: Global Business in the Age of Transformation
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-edwards.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by J Edwards »

Though I am not a medical professional, I find most of the contents of this book accurate. This is considering that this author has written this book targeting ordinary people like me and he has tried to be as basic as possibly can. I find his take on prepping and sourcing of locally available materials in case of an emergency as accurate as one can expect.
Kerry Limat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kerry-limat.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Kerry Limat »

I know that this book was written for the consumption of the general public, especially people with no knowledge of medical practices (I fall into that category). So far I have found its content to be quite accurate with, especially sections on what to do in emergencies.

I want to believe that a of it is. If it isn't, I implore medical practitioners to constructively critique parts of the book where they believe to be inaccurate for the benefit of all its readers.
peace_m
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-m.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by peace_m »

In my opinion, I think the author is 100% right. Although I am not a medical person, but we should not forget that the audience in question are not knowledgeable in the medical line. So, we should commend him for breaking the medical terms for its audience.
viczboy16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by viczboy16 »

I am not a medical professionals but I do know that CPR should be giving to assist breathing, I would say people not in the medical field would find the book accurate while some medical practitioners may find some loop holes in the accuracy of the book.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Kingsley Emodi
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsley-emodi.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kingsley Emodi »

I rate the accuracy of the book highly. Regardless of the fact that I'm not very medically inclined, a lot of the information contained in the book resonates with some medical materials I've read online. The author did a great job.
Satwik Mohanty
Favorite Author: H.P. Lovecraft
Favorite Book: My Living Will
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-satwik-mohanty.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 6063

Post by Satwik Mohanty »

I'm not from a medical background but the information given is pretty accurate. I encountered a few things I was familiar with to be proper and helpful. And I also fact-checked some new things I learned from this book. So, I can say that this book is remarkably accurate.
Ivvie Ivanova
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading: Beyond Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivvie-ivanova.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Spanish Edition) by Peter Liptak
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by Ivvie Ivanova »

Nothing stood out to me as inaccurate but I am also not a medical student or professional. I like to read about medicine in case I find myself in a turbulent situation.
Praise George-kayode
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-george-kayode.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Praise George-kayode »

lumenchristi wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 11:16 I am not a medical professional, but i found the information present as accurate as possible. Since the target audience is not primarily medical professional, I think we should applaud the effort of the author.
I am also not a trained medical professional, so my judging may be bias. But i think the author wrote this book mostly for us that are so not into the medical field. Which that to me, is a great concept. I should look more into the his approach, especially that of CPR you mentioned about.
regentisbetter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regentisbetter.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by regentisbetter »

I would say that despite any little discrepancies found between the book and standard medical practices, it's still a gem of a book and its more than helpful enough for its target audience who are not certified medical professionals.
Katherine Smith
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 524">Nancy Drew</a>
Currently Reading: The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe
Bookshelf Size: 504
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-smith.html
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Reading Device: B01KVZV52A

Post by Katherine Smith »

I, like many of the posters am not a medical professional. I do agree with many of the members in that this book was not written for someone in the medical field. It was written as a lay person's guide to medicine. I think that the author wanted to expand the knowledge of people so that they can advocate for themselves and others if the need arises. People need to be educated about the basics of medicine and healthcare in general which was one of the books of the month previously.
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan

Return to “Discuss the "Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey”