Are you satisfied about the accuracy of the content?

Use this forum to discuss the October 2021 Book of the month, " Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey
Jack Watson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jack-watson.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Re: Are you satisfied about the accuracy of the content?

Post by Jack Watson »

I am not a medical professional. However, I think the book's content is pretty accurate and helpful. Additionally, I think the book's target audience is non-medical practitioners. Therefore, the level of detail is appropriate for the education of non-medical practitioners.
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

Gabriella H wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 00:03 Whoops! I'm not a medical professional, and as such, I didn't notice these things you have pointed out. While reading, I felt like the author did a thorough job. I would have to look into these issues you've raised to know whether the author was inaccurate.
I keep reminding myself that I need to go back and check some of the accuracy of this book myself. But no matter how you look it up, some will say it is correct, while others will say that it is not correct.
Hana_Fabro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hana-fabro.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Hana_Fabro »

Of course, the book is accurate. Even though I don't have any medical background, the information shared comes accurate and relevant. Maybe because the target audience of the book is not the medical professionals but the readers like me who are not familiar with the technicality of the medical profession.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

From a place of limited knowledge on medical issues, I don't think I know enough to discredit the book's accuracy. I asked a few medical students in my circle about how accurate the information in the book is and they confirmed its authenticity. So yes, I am satisfied with the accuracy of the book.
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

I am not a medical expert but while reading the book I found it quite accurate. But I was planning to ask my cousin who is a doctor about the same.
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

Despite my lack of knowledge in this area, I believe this book is a fantastic effort. With the same, the author performed an excellent job.
Kai Amani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kai-amani.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Kai Amani »

My medical knowledge is limited so I cannot tell if the book is a hundred percent accurate. However, I think the information I learned was pretty accurate because I have come across medical content that collaborates it. As a layperson, I think the book's content is very helpful and pretty accurate.
Peace Chux
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-chux.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Peace Chux »

For the most part, the information in the book is accurate, but I fear it's application may not be if done by non-medical individuals. There are just somethings that can not be learned accurately from a book.
Hasnain Khan 3
Currently Reading: Shot Down
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Hasnain Khan 3 »

I discover myself pretty satisfied with the accuracy of the book. Apparently, it's more for a layman than for clinical practitioners, so, there might be a touch little bit of distinction from what's going to gain knowledge of in clinical faculty. However, I assume most regular people don't always need to do it the usual manner, they simply want something that works.
Raymonda onwuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymonda-onwuka.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Raymonda onwuka »

I don't think that there are inaccuracies in the book. Though I am not a professional in the field, I feel that the information it presents is handy especially in emergencies.
Lasty Kondijo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lasty-kondijo.html
Latest Review: Let's Help You Self-Help! by Anthony Jacob Braaten

Post by Lasty Kondijo »

The author did a good research before writing this book everything is this book was very accurate, I agree with the accuracy of the context.
Radwa Abou Shousha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radwa-aboushousha.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Radwa Abou Shousha »

As a medical student, I can confidently say that I am satisfied with the book’s accuracy. However, I find it important to point out that it isn’t enough to just read about techniques such as CPR because reading about it and actually doing it are 2 totally different things. I would recommend a basic first aid course for anyone truly interested.
Fay KM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fay-km.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Fay KM »

As I am not a medical professional, I found nothing wrong with the accuracy of the content provided. However, if the target audience were readers proficient with medical and allied health care knowledge then accuracy would definitely affect their attitudes towards the book.
Joseph Umeokafor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-umeokafor.html
Latest Review: Hemingway's Daughter by Christine M. Whitehead

Post by Joseph Umeokafor »

I'm completely satisfied with the content.
The crux of the argument should be determining whether the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.
Whatever flaws the medical profession discovers can be addressed in the next edition of publishing.
Immaculate06
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-immaculate06.html
Latest Review: ByTheWay by Dennis Santos

Post by Immaculate06 »

I am not a medical personnel, but I think that the information in this medical handbook is accurate. Although, there can be possibly be an advanced form of the information in the book.

Return to “Discuss the "Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey”