Do you wish that you knew and had read this medical handbook before? (You may share your story, if you feel comfortable)

Use this forum to discuss the October 2021 Book of the month, " Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey
Bello Qudus Ola
Currently Reading: Pick the Plot
Bookshelf Size: 14

Re: Do you wish that you knew and had read this medical handbook before? (You may share your story, if you feel comforta

Post by Bello Qudus Ola »

oh yeah, i wish had access to this handbook when i was in my junior secondary class 2. the detail which the book entails would have been a bed rock foundation for me to be a doctor.
Luchris_klaus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-klaus.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Luchris_klaus »

I have encountered various forms of medical emergencies. I wish that I had read this book before now because the knowledge that it contains would have helped my health condition and the health conditions of other people.
Shivansh_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivansh-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Shivansh_Reviews »

I wish I had read it before as I had some medical condition some time ago and if I knew this books content I might have been able to avoid it.
Gabriella H
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: A Man Who Would Be King
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella-h.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Gabriella H »

While I do wish I had read it earlier, I am glad I have read it now. It has opened my eyes to so many health-related issues I need to pay attention to. This book has given me the information I need to put more effort into living more healthily.
Jack Watson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jack-watson.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Jack Watson »

I wish I had read this book before. I can't think of a particular situation right now, but the book's content is very helpful. I learned a lot about health management based on lifestyle management.
Hana_Fabro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hana-fabro.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Hana_Fabro »

I wish that I knew this book before. There is so much information that I could recommend to my dad. If only I knew this book before maybe my life will be much easier than now.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

I'm devoted to making better health choices since after reading the book. I wish I read the book earlier. Also, a team member of an opposition team in a football match in my school died of heart attack. Nobody knew how to perform a CPR on him. By the time we got to the hospital, he was already dead. If I had read this book earlier, I would have applied the CPR tips in it.
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

Yes, I had some medical emergencies at home and all I did was procrastinate. It wasn't a pleasant experience and only if I knew about this book at that time maybe I could have dealt with the situation in a better way.
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

Yes, absolutely!!!! I would have altered a few things if I had known about this book's existence, most notably my diet and wellness. This book, I believe, would have aided me in figuring things out sooner! We all know how much junk food we've been consuming these days, so that's why.
Arite Seki
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arite-seki.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Arite Seki »

I do wish I had this medical knowledge beforehand. Not necessarily for a specific situation, even though there have been many instances in which it would have been helpful, but I think having the knowledge could've greatly improved my general health beforehand and even the health of those around me.
Kai Amani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kai-amani.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Kai Amani »

I wish I had read this book earlier. I've been trying to improve my approach to healthy living. Most books I've come across cover exercise and diet. This book contains so much more. I learned that exercise and proper nutrition are important but there is so much more I need to learn about healthcare.
Vivian Stones
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-stones.html
Latest Review: The Silicon Divide by Danielle Nowell

Post by Vivian Stones »

Yeah,I really wish I came across this book before now, would have been more health conscious especially in the area of eating healthy.
Radwa Abou Shousha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radwa-aboushousha.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Radwa Abou Shousha »

As a medical student, I already knew a lot of the basics discussed in this book, but this story involves one of my relatives. She had been wanting to lose weight and regulate her diet for a really long time and ended up going to this nutritionist who turned out to be a fake. Her lack of knowledge about proper nutrition gave her an eating disorder and it took her a really long time to recover and after reading this, she wished she had taken the time to read more about the topic
Fay KM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fay-km.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Fay KM »

I do wish I had tried to give this book a go. The illustrations and simple instructions in relation to medical knowledge, safe management, and practice would have been highly beneficial before my final year exams. Plus, I would have learned a lot of useful ways to maintain my health and lifestyle during my intense uni life.
Immaculate06
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-immaculate06.html
Latest Review: ByTheWay by Dennis Santos

Post by Immaculate06 »

My friend had an accident earlier this year, and I'm sure that if I had read this book, I would have been able to help. I wish I had read this book earlier.

Return to “Discuss the "Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey”