Do you wish that you knew and had read this medical handbook before? (You may share your story, if you feel comfortable)

Use this forum to discuss the October 2021 Book of the month, " Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey
Daniel-Davis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-davis.html
Latest Review: Grant's Wish by T.S. Pollard

Re: Do you wish that you knew and had read this medical handbook before? (You may share your story, if you feel comforta

Post by Daniel-Davis »

I learned the ABCs of self aid buddy care in the service. Airway, Breathing, Circulation. The training was received was serious. I would have liked more medical classes of what to do in many situations. I would read this book
Stephen Ikimi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-ikimi.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by Stephen Ikimi »

Yeah true!
I totally wish I had read this book earlier because it has indeed helped me in improving my health status. From its information,I can eat healthier,do better exercises and live a more clean healthy life. With it's advice on proper diet and how the body assimilates the foods we eat,it's a very good one in improving the quality of our lives.
Choky
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-choky.html
Latest Review: My life uncensored by Cristina Caymares

Post by Choky »

Reading this book earlier would have a difference in my life health choices. It has even helped when I am picking what my sick grandmother should eat and what she should avoid.
Elon Gathungu
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elon-gathungu.html
Latest Review: Red Wave Imperative by Alan Schein

Post by Elon Gathungu »

I wish I had read this book before. I felt the gravity of healthy living, exercise, and healthcare. Despite the information out there I always took half measures. I no longer go halfway when it comes to healthy living and healthcare for me and my child.
fiona monroe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fiona-monroe.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by fiona monroe »

I wish had read this book earlier. I cannot think of a situation on the top of my head. However, the book gives enough details to equip readers with helpful knowledge. I don't have a medical background but I now feel more confident about my ability to help in a medical emergency. There is also a lot of information that can be used in day-to-day life to improve my health. The book is very helpful and informative.
Gift_Ibeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Gift_Ibeh »

Health is wealth wouldn't have sounded more authentic. This book was a great help in improving mine. It opened my eyes to know the things I used to call food to the rescue was in fact, the direct opposite. My eating habit is getting better. All thanks to this medical handbook.
Muskan Upadhyaya
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-upadhyaya.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Muskan Upadhyaya »

Surely adding to one's medical knowledge is always beneficial. I definitely wish that, i have read this book before, as it has information regarding the health, nutrition and even the emergency situations.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Blossy20
Currently Reading: Understanding the business of health care
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blossy20.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Blossy20 »

I wish I read this book much earlier in life. I was on a safari in South Africa and I developed sore throat. The medical attention I received was mediocre at best. The sore throat got so bad that I had to leave the safari. If I had read this book back then, I am sure the sore throat would have been handled effectively.
Satwik Mohanty
Favorite Author: H.P. Lovecraft
Favorite Book: My Living Will
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-satwik-mohanty.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 6063

Post by Satwik Mohanty »

Well, I don't have a situation where I could have applied the info before. But now that I have read this, my diet and lifestyle are better managed. And I have also started hitting the gym. :geek2:
Tim_writes
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tim-writes.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Tim_writes »

I have prior knowledge about this scope before reading about it. Medical knowledge are gold! They always come in handy. Well, regrets for me because I know about these knowledge before.
Mr_James
Currently Reading: A grand deception
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-james.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Mr_James »

In December 2015, I travelled to Thailand for the Christmas holiday. As I was sleeping in my room, I was stung by a scorpion. The effect was so horrible that I had to be hospitalised in the middle of the night. If only I had read this book before that fateful night, I would have handled the situation effectively and minimised the effect of the sting.
Rowan The-First
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rowan-the-first.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Rowan The-First »

I wish that I knew the information in this book before because it would have saved me sums of money I have been spending on doctor visits like it is doing now. This book has really changed my life.
Christine Onyango 1
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christine-onyango-1.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Christine Onyango 1 »

Having some medical knowledge will most definitely come in handy at some point in our lives. Medical emergencies happen so randomly and sometimes in places that you would least expect. So, yes, I wish I had read this book earlier and maybe avoid freezing or having a panic attack when an emergency occurs. Also, the book prescribes a variety of healthy living lifestyles that everyone should know from an early age.
Rocfella
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocfella.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Rocfella »

I knelt besides my best friend and watched him die of a heart attack during a soccer game. If only I has read this book back then. I might have been able to save his life.
Chimdiya A
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimdiya-a.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Chimdiya A »

Yes, yes! I wish I came across this book before now. Would have helped me to put my health on check , glad I still cane across it, it has been so helpful to me

Return to “Discuss the "Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey”