Do you wish that you knew and had read this medical handbook before? (You may share your story, if you feel comfortable)

Use this forum to discuss the October 2021 Book of the month, " Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey
Eunice Geres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eunice-geres.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Re: Do you wish that you knew and had read this medical handbook before? (You may share your story, if you feel comforta

Post by Eunice Geres »

Oh yes. I had a friend in high school who choked on her food. I didn't know to do the maneuver, I only understood it in this book. I could've helped back then
evraealtana
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Signature of All Things
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evraealtana.html
Latest Review: Never Teach A Pig to Sing. It is a waste of Time by Freida Atwood

Post by evraealtana »

I don't think this book should be used as a final authority on health topics, but I like that it gives people the first clue of what to do, particularly in situations like choking or heart attacks, where minutes or even seconds can make a difference. The author says many times to get the patient to a doctor ASAP. If the reader is actually listening to the author, I don't think they will get themselves in too deeply into a situation they can't handle. But the book might enable more people to take an active role in a crisis, which could potentially save a life.
addicted reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-addicted-reader.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by addicted reader »

Why not! This is an excellent and informative book that can be helpful and equips on how to handle health situations especially, when an emergency occurs.
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

I wished I had read this book before now. I remembered vividly when my dad suffered a heart attack in 2006, it was pathetic and I feel so helpless watching my dad die in my presence. Though he survived but I'd wished I was the hero of the night using the tips provided in this book.
Prarthna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prarthna.html
Latest Review: The Farmer by Sam Braidwood

Post by Prarthna »

Thankfully, I have not needed the information contained in this book prior to reading it. But I still wish I had read it more quickly. You never know when information such as this will come in handy.
Sararob06
Currently Reading: Anna Karenina
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sararob06.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Sararob06 »

I think there’s a number of things that can be learned from a first aid book. Personally, I would’ve liked to know more about heart attacks when a coworker had one years ago. It’s a common and sudden affliction which often leaves the sufferer and those around them feeling helpless.
ReviewerDiksha
Currently Reading: The Katharina Code
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerdiksha.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

Yes, there are times when I wish I'd read a book before. My own view towards my health has certainly found a shift after reading it and I wish I had made those changes to my regime before.
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

Omega_01 wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 03:21 I wished I had read this book before now. I remembered vividly when my dad suffered a heart attack in 2006, it was pathetic and I feel so helpless watching my dad die in my presence. Though he survived but I'd wished I was the hero of the night using the tips provided in this book.
Woah, I'm a bit surprised with you saying you watched your dad die, but then you also said the survived. Well, I'm glad he did.
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

aaurba wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 01:31
Omega_01 wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 03:21 I wished I had read this book before now. I remembered vividly when my dad suffered a heart attack in 2006, it was pathetic and I feel so helpless watching my dad die in my presence. Though he survived but I'd wished I was the hero of the night using the tips provided in this book.
Woah, I'm a bit surprised with you saying you watched your dad die, but then you also said the survived. Well, I'm glad he did.
I mean "dying"
vitalisvicky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vitalisvicky.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by vitalisvicky »

I wish came across this book earlier. It could have helped save the life of my late grandmother who suffered from high blood pressure. Also, it could have guided me a lot on health issues, especially incase of emergency.
Rocfella
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocfella.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Rocfella »

I really wish I had read this book three years ago. In May 2018, I was cleaning my toilet when I was bitten by a spider. It was a very painful experience. I had a serious allergic reaction to it, and I was eventually hospitalized. If I had read about insect bites and stings in this book, I would have handled the spider bite much more effectively. This book is absolutely necessary.
Asfiya Z
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asfiya-z.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Asfiya Z »

Certainly! The book contains a lot of information and will be beneficial in so many ways, like back when I injured myself and I didn't know what to do, if I had read this book, I wouldn't have panicked so much because I would have known how to take care of myself.
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

I wish I had read this book earlier before now. This book is an intriguing eye-opener to me, I now eat healthy food, and I take exercise seriously. This book has helped me understand the implications of not taking one's health seriously.
Rayasaurus
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayasaurus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Rayasaurus »

I definitely wish that I had read this book before now. I've been interested in being a prepared person for years, but one of the most important and hardest aspects of preparation to nail is health. I'm glad that I have so much more knowledge now than I had before.
19blueofficial
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-19blueofficial.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by 19blueofficial »

aaurba wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 00:08 Is there a situation that you have gone through wherein you wished that you knew the book's content? It could be either about you, a loved one, a stranger, or any person. I'll start.

Back when I was around ten years old, my grandfather in my father's side suffered from a heart attack. We didn't have an effective (and available) emergency service hotline during that year so we had to rely on public transportation means to go to the hospital, and my grandfather ended up in a coma upon arrival in the hospital. I believe that even if only one of my relative knew what to do and had read the contents of the section "Heart Attack (Myocardial Infarction)" from pages 22 to 24, my grandfather would have been in a better condition and would not end up in a coma.
Yeah, I do. They are certain things I wish I knew some years ago, but now I'm glad I ended up reading books on health. Some might think it's boring but it certainly isn't. Learning about your health is something that shouldn't be joked about, but most importantly- taking care of yourself.

Return to “Discuss the "Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey”