Do you wish that you knew and had read this medical handbook before? (You may share your story, if you feel comfortable)

Use this forum to discuss the October 2021 Book of the month, " Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Anti-Diet Approach
Bookshelf Size: 2396
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Re: Do you wish that you knew and had read this medical handbook before? (You may share your story, if you feel comforta

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I think it could've come in handy. My brother, who recently passed away, was diabetic. He had many hypoglycemic crises, included ones in which he suffered seizures. I wish I could've helped him with more accuracy instead of just calling emergency services. Some of all still believe, for example, that one should stop a seizing person from biting their tongue, which is not true. But, honestly, I think it depends on the person. Some people, myself included, might have the knowledge but don't have the temper to go through all the steps the author mentions when the ones we love are in an emergency.
Shivansh_007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivansh-007.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Shivansh_007 »

It would have really helped me if I had read this book a little earlier. I faced health issues because of too much consumption of packet food in my diet. I used to get red rashes all over my body and they would itch like anything. I had to consult a doctor to get better and after that I don't really eat packet food to this date.
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

Yes, this book is a lifesaver, just as others here have said. I have had many times where I had to use this book and others as reference material when information was critical to helping with major injuries or sicknesses or other things. Great book to have on hand.
Unique Ego
Favorite Book: The Tales of Little Lady M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-ego.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Unique Ego »

aaurba wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 00:08 Is there a situation that you have gone through wherein you wished that you knew the book's content? It could be either about you, a loved one, a stranger, or any person. I'll start.

Back when I was around ten years old, my grandfather in my father's side suffered from a heart attack. We didn't have an effective (and available) emergency service hotline during that year so we had to rely on public transportation means to go to the hospital, and my grandfather ended up in a coma upon arrival in the hospital. I believe that even if only one of my relative knew what to do and had read the contents of the section "Heart Attack (Myocardial Infarction)" from pages 22 to 24, my grandfather would have been in a better condition and would not end up in a coma.
Well, I did learn a few things about healthy habits and some things I wish I knew earlier for myself, like health insurance. I can't particularly think of anyone in my family whose situation makes me wish I had read this earlier. But I think it's good to have such knowledge, albeit as a non-professional. You never know when you might need it.
Joe Candle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joe-candle.html

Post by Joe Candle »

This book is definitely very helpful. I think it will be an eye-opener for many people. It can give many useful tips on health that can potentially be used by anyone in their future lives.
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

I wish I had read it some time ago as I was facing some medical issues with myself. I overdosed on packet food and my body didn't react to it well. I started to get itchy rashes all over my body and was not allowed to eat anything that was in a packet or foil wrapped. So I guess if I'd read a little earlier I would've looked into my health a bit more.
Len Brite
Favorite Book: City of Brass
Currently Reading: Scarlet
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-len-brite.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Len Brite »

Yes, I do wish that I had read this book sooner! I used to travel pretty extensively and I definitely had more than one emergency incident overseas that could have been prevented or better handled with the amazing information in this book. It would have been so beneficial to have seen this sooner!
William Kariuki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-william-kariuki.html
Latest Review: Jesus, Prosperity Gospel and Poverty in Africa by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by William Kariuki »

I wish I had read it even much earlier. I feel that the book was of great help to me as it puts more emphasis on living a healthy lifestyle. Healthy eating and exercises have been well elaborated in the book.
ajib_bacha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajib-bacha.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by ajib_bacha »

I never needed the information mentioned here before in my life. So I am glad I am able to read it now and can use it later in my life when any such need arises.
Uchechukwu Okereke
Currently Reading: The Aftermath Of The King
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by Uchechukwu Okereke »

I have been in so many scenarios where I wish I had read this book beforehand. At the age of 12, my Grandfather suffered a stroke. At 17, my brother nearly drowned. And even at 24, I witnessed a car accident. Luckily, I read this book just before I had begun my, "healthy living transformation" and it has been very instrumental on my journey.
Arunima Halder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arunima-halder.html
Latest Review: Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook by Fred Sievert

Post by Arunima Halder »

I really wish I had this book before. I was an overweight girl and never really cared about my health. This book showed me the reality. I now eat healthy, exercise daily, and most importantly have lost 20 pounds. This is a genuine gem.
Midun99
Currently Reading: Legacy of the Fae
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-midun99.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by Midun99 »

I sincerely wish I could have had read this book before now because I know they would have been a lot of situations that the information would have helped me save the people Iove. I feel even more so because first aid isn't really something that they teach in my country and the hospitals also don't provide satisfactory services.
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html

Post by Rizki Pradana »

I wish to have this kind of book before because it contains a lot of useful knowledge in the medical. Especially, the things about junk foods were surprised me
Adelee Grobler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adelee-grobler.html
Latest Review: Hemiphos by Stefanie Jacob
Reading Device: B0979KD57W

Post by Adelee Grobler »

Since it even has CPR advice, it will always benefit you. I wish I had it when I almost lost my daughter last year. Thankfully my mother-in-law could assist because she’s a nurse.
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

Fortunately, I have not found myself in an emergency situation yet. But I have learned a lot from this book. While this book does not educate to a level where I can confidently react in emergency situations, I have basics that can help keep me or the next person alive until professionals are able to help. I have, for personal reasons attended first aid courses because I don't like being helpless and not knowing what to do or even what not to do in an emergency.

Return to “Discuss the "Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey”