Do you wish that you knew and had read this medical handbook before? (You may share your story, if you feel comfortable)

Use this forum to discuss the October 2021 Book of the month, " Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey
Adeyemi6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Re: Do you wish that you knew and had read this medical handbook before? (You may share your story, if you feel comforta

Post by Adeyemi6 »

Oh, sure, I wish I had this manual when I was in class 2 of junior secondary school. The level of detail in the book would have been a solid foundation for me to pursue a career as a doctor.
bello jamiu5
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bello-jamiu5.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by bello jamiu5 »

I wish I had known about this book years ago, when I was on the verge of losing a nephew. While eating, he choked. That day, I felt helpless and humiliated. Thanks to a helpful neighbor who assisted with the quiet evacuation of trapped food particles,
aconcaguanana22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aconcaguanana22.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by aconcaguanana22 »

Without an atom of doubt this book is for all who may find themselves present during a medical emergency. A careful assimilation of the information given and precise application of them will go a long way to save the patient.
Akangbe Opeyemi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Qualify
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akangbe-opeyemi.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Akangbe Opeyemi »

I had the health issue of eating less food which affected me so much and caused me to be prone to other illnesses. I wish I had read an informative book such as this.
Janelydia Mwangi
Currently Reading: Bugs, Weeds, and Water
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelydia-mwangi.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg
Reading Device: Android

Post by Janelydia Mwangi »

Of course I wish I had read it because raising kids who are hyper or not needs a little knowledge on how to deal with minor accidents, in addition we all believe that a slim person is the most healthy but now we know that lack of knowledge can lead to loss or regrets!
Nicole Yapo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicole-yapo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Nicole Yapo »

Yes, it would have been an immense help if I’d have read this handbook at a much earlier time. I’m in my early 20s, and going through digestive issues, so if I’d have read the book early on, perhaps I’d have picked up a number of insightful information regarding health and wellbeing.
Patricia Nogaga
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Patricia Nogaga »

I wish I had read this book earlier before, 2021 I was 21 years old,and I was pregnant. My pregnancy was a high risk,and I didn't have an effective emergency service hotline/medical aid so I had to rely on public transportation means to go to the hospital,and I ended up losing the baby.
Limpho Mojakisane
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-limpho-mojakisane.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow

Post by Limpho Mojakisane »

Patricia Nogaga wrote: 21 Jan 2022, 12:47 I wish I had read this book earlier before, 2021 I was 21 years old,and I was pregnant. My pregnancy was a high risk,and I didn't have an effective emergency service hotline/medical aid so I had to rely on public transportation means to go to the hospital,and I ended up losing the baby.
I am so sorry for your loss, however, atleast after reading this book, you now know what to do in such situations.
Korie Ifeoma Chisomaga
Favorite Book: How to Survive the Coming Retirement Storm
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-korie-ifeoma-chisomaga.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Korie Ifeoma Chisomaga »

Yes of course! Imagine being a doctor without being a doctor! Nothing beats critical thinking in the face of emergencies!
Zelda Boshoff
Favorite Book: Strong Heart
Currently Reading: The Elf Legacy - Book Five of the Magi Charter
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zelda-boshoff.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Zelda Boshoff »

Yes, I really could have used the book. I have been in several trauma situations and at times felt helpless in helping the patients. Although I have been working in a medical environment (non-medical staff), one could always update your basic skills. The detail in the book seems to be what the medical officers have been applying to the Trauma patients.
Larissa Sawers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-larissa-sawers.html
Latest Review: Speaks for Itself by Jeffrey Paul Bailey.

Post by Larissa Sawers »

I wish I had read this book sooner, and there are a lot of people I would recommend it to. I can’t remember when this happened, but I was in high school. A group of friends and I were laughing and talking when I started choking. No one noticed. I was beating on the hand of the friend closest to me. She turned around annoyed to see what I wanted before she realized I was choking. She patted me on the back. Honestly, after that is a bit blurry, but I knew we were all shocked.
Tiffany Hertel
Favorite Book: The Brightest Night
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108

Post by Tiffany Hertel »

I never heard of this until I came threw the forums. Now I did I would want to read it. People are saying it helps with learning how to stay healthy and helps with knowledge of your health. Thank you for all the positives so I know this is something I want to read.
Essy Nma
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essy-nma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Essy Nma »

I wish I had read this book earlier. Normally, I rarely drink water but consume a lot of carbonated drinks. Now, I am encouraged to take water appropriately for my health
Maha Ata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maha-ata.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Maha Ata »

I haven't deal with any medical emergencies before and I have read basic procedures to carry out if need arises. I do feel more informed now after reading the book.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

To put it mildly, the material in this book is amazing. It will undoubtedly become my new "go to" resource even if I can't immediately think of a circumstance when I'd need it. Both professionals and laypeople can benefit from the knowledge.

Return to “Discuss the "Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey”