Do you wish that you knew and had read this medical handbook before? (You may share your story, if you feel comfortable)

Use this forum to discuss the October 2021 Book of the month, " Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey
Unsullied
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unsullied.html
Latest Review: The Thundering Herd by John E. Peltier

Re: Do you wish that you knew and had read this medical handbook before? (You may share your story, if you feel comforta

Post by Unsullied »

I remember back in the day I'd take my lean body for granted. I gained so much weight and developed a potbelly from careless diet. I wish I'd read this book earlier and checked on my diet. I would not have to go through the stress of getting back to fitness.
Krizia Kaye S
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Krizia Kaye S »

I wanna read this book. I feel like it will help me understand some things and how to prevent something occuring
Maithreyee Shankar
Currently Reading: Stop Doubting Yourself!
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maithreyee-shankar.html
Latest Review: Real Secrets Of Life by Krishna Jagarnath

Post by Maithreyee Shankar »

Of course! I definitely wish I knew this before. Although it's never too late to learn it anew. So don't miss this book!
Flowers123
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flowers123.html
Latest Review: Fragments by Bruce K. Berger

Post by Flowers123 »

The information provided in this book is so detailed and highly educative. If only I knew about it before now, I'm sure there are some things I could have done differently. But I feel it is still not too late. I can start applying its teachings now thank to the author.
doley
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doley.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by doley »

I do wish I have read this book long before now. I have once experienced an accident , and I was powerless to do anything at all. That inability to do anything in such a situation where the professionals are yet to show up is very displeasing to me. I wish I had read the book earlier and I wish for many other people to read it too. It is a very good book.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

Yes, I do wish I had read this before. There is not one particular instance but rather many where I've felt unprepared and panicky and if I'd known this then, it would've been useful.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

I would also like to add that in the specific instance of when my brother cut his leg up pretty badly, it would've helped for me to have read this book and known the first aid steps it contains.
Neshboy Aburi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neshboy-aburi.html
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks

Post by Neshboy Aburi »

I currently live with one of my cousins, who is also an adult and has asthma. He has been with this condition for as long as I can remember and even though I do have knowledge of how to handle him now when an attack happens, I wish I had this information back when we were growing up. When an attack happened to him then, all we would do is panic and run to hide in the bushes that were around our home. Thank God that these situations never escalated to get out of hand. With my knowledge now, some of which I have gathered from this book, especially on locally available items that would be helpful if an attack happened and his medication was out of hand, I could confidently see him through an attack. This book would really come in handy even in most unexpected circumstances.
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks
Chimdiya A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimdiya-a.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Chimdiya A »

Yes yes, I wish I knew about this book before now,would I have had a more informed idea on first aid and some health tips.
Timi opadere
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Timi opadere »

Prioritizing ones health cannot be overemphasized. As they say "health is wealth". You will learn more reading this book
Purplesturv
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purplesturv.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Purplesturv »

Yes I wish I had read this book earlier. Recounting situations where it's content would have been valuable is hurtful, especially since there are very many of them. But I'm consoled knowing that going forward, I can confidently administer basic first aid in case of emergency.
Blucabana
Currently Reading: The girl that loved carravalagio
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blucabana.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Blucabana »

I watched my friend die of a heart attack, to be honest I am still traumatized by the experience. If only I had read this book before that horrible event. William does a great job on cardiac evaluation and care. I really learnt a lot from the section on Adult One-Rescuer Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

I wish I knew about this book. As I said before, I have learned much while reading this book, and some of the information would be helpful for me in some situations that have happened before.
Guda Lydia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guda-lydia.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Guda Lydia »

I believe the book is very necessary and quite helpful. Basic practices like proper diet and eating right goes a long way in securing one's health. In my case, poor eating has resulted in problems with acidity and ulcers. Such literature helps one to at least make informed decisions.
Halimat Thanni1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-halimat-thanni1.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Halimat Thanni1 »

I am going to answer this from an academic perspective.

I wish that I read this book before I got into college. I am a medical student and the knowledge that this book gives would have made classes a bit of a breeze for me

Return to “Discuss the "Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey”