Overall rating and opinion of "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall

Use this forum to discuss the November 2021 Book of the month, "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall
AmberLiz
Currently Reading: The Freedom Building
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amberliz.html
Latest Review: The Assignment by Don Chance

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall

Post by AmberLiz »

Still reading, but definitely a fan. I love psychological thrillers, and I love how the author develops the character. I'm intrigued to keep reading!
AmberLiz

Post by AmberLiz »

Blucabana wrote: 01 Nov 2021, 07:50 It is a well-written psychological thriller about the strange experiences in the life of the protagonist John Gowan. The book has an intriguing plot, with many unexpected twists. I really enjoyed reading it, and I give it a four star rating. The story ended with a cliff hanger and I loved it! However, the pace does slow down at many points in the story, especially in the beginning. Martin's writing style is very appropriate for a psychological thriller. I endorse this novel because it is a tantalizing narrative that will keep the reader engrossed until the very end.
Oh man, I'm still reading it, and just saw it ends on a cliff hanger! Now I'm nervous... but still want to keep reading!
AmberLiz

Post by AmberLiz »

Shakiera Reece wrote: 01 Nov 2021, 14:02 I like the mysterious nature of this story. I would definitely rate it 4 stars. I like John's character and the way he is presented in the book. After reading this book, I highly recommend it to persons, like myself, who enjoy thrillers
Highly agree with how John's character is presented and developed throughout the book. I also a huge fan of thrillers, and I'm loving the book so far.
Nwadinso Okoro
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-okoro.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy (series) by Claire Youmans

Post by Nwadinso Okoro »

The book is an interesting psychological thriller that delves into several things. I'd rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I like the author's writing style.
Adeyemi6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Adeyemi6 »

Once I started reading this book, I couldn't put it down. Although there are a lot of repeats in the novel, they just serve to reinforce the events. The psychological parts of this book are a lot of fun to think about. I haven't finished writing my review yet, but I plan to give it four stars out of four. The book is well-written, the plot moves along nicely, and there are barely a few typos.
bello jamiu5
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bello-jamiu5.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by bello jamiu5 »

Freedom Building is a thrilling book that grabs my attention right away. The plot twists keep me guessing until the end. and turns of the plot were exactly what I expected an extraordinary novel to entail. I rate it a 4 out of 4 stars.
63tty
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
fav_author_id: 199293

Post by 63tty »

I love the book, I'm still reading it but i love the plot of the book. It is ever climactic. I would give it a four star rating so far. I would recommend it to my friends since I love it. I love the writing style also having never read a psychological thriller, this is a great first read.
“If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”
~Lily Tomlin
auth_r
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-auth-r.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by auth_r »

I would rate it a complete rating of four stars. I personally liked the fast-paced speed of the book. It made me enjoy the entire book without feeling bored. The psychological thriller made my brain exhausted.
Raquel Sojo
Currently Reading: Egomaniac
Bookshelf Size: 410
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raquel-sojo.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Raquel Sojo »

This is a well-written story that easily grabs the reader thanks to the suspense and intrigue it generates to get to the truth. I liked the unexpected twists, appreciated that the story was somewhat unpredictable, enjoyed the writing style and the author's well-developed references. However, the slow pace of the plot at specific moments of the story is a bit annoying. However, I find it an ideal story to recommend. I would rate it 4 stars.
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

This book was just wonderful and completely fun to read. It was really enticing and engaging as I couldn't take my eyes off the pages once I began reading. What I like most about this book is its psychological effect. It got me thinking, feeling and imagining what it'd actually feel like in reality to wake up three and half years after an accident. The feeling of perplexity and uncertainty that you would instantly be engulfed by. I must commend the author's writing style as the book was very to understand and the smooth flow and ease of reading was never broken. I recommend this book to lovers of psychological thrillers and suspense.
Edem Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edem-michael.html
Latest Review: Loria by Gunnar Hedman

Post by Edem Michael »

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book is a fascinating work of fiction that delves into the lives of two colleagues. It is a psychological thriller book that is filled with suspense, and I would love to read the book. John's experience is worth reading.
Latest Review: Loria by Gunnar Hedman
NwakorVian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwakorvian.html
Latest Review: The Weed Lady by Shea R Embry

Post by NwakorVian »

I'm not a fan of psychology thriller but I'm surprised at how I couldn't put the book down when I started reading. I absolute applaud the author's writing skills even though a lot of repetition took place
Avaruusorava
Currently Reading: The Will of the Wanderer
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avaruusorava.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Avaruusorava »

Psychological books are my cup of tea and I enjoyed this one. It makes you think of the essence of freedom itself. Only reason I am not giving this book all 4 stars is that in some points the narrative slows down, dragging reader along but not giving anything special. So 3 out of 4 stars.
Asiaa Szn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asiaa-szn.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Asiaa Szn »

This is a well written psychological book. The author did amazing in his extremely talented skill of writing and it's really intriguing to read.
Stellah Chege
Currently Reading: Black Hat/White Hat: A tale of Good is Evil
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stellah-chege.html
Latest Review: Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem by Dr. Frank L. Douglas

Post by Stellah Chege »

I believe this book was well written and executed. I can only imagine having to put up a facade about achieving a Dream that you've always wanted even if it's only in people's minds. This psychological thriller is absolutely fantastic and I rated it 4 out of 4 stars

Return to “Discuss "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall”