Overall rating and opinion of "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall

Use this forum to discuss the November 2021 Book of the month, "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall
Radha Suryawanshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radha-suryawanshi.html
Latest Review: The Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Fallacy by H. Nattanya Andersen

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall

Post by Radha Suryawanshi »

The Freedom Building by Martin Kendall is an interesting and amazing read. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. The plot did get a bit tedious in some parts, but the characters and the author's writing style kept me reading further. I strongly recommend it.
Nomfundo Simelane
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nomfundo-simelane.html
Latest Review: Midwinter Turns to Spring by Maria Veloso
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Nomfundo Simelane »

I am a great fan of learning about how the mind operates and this psychological thriller is just amazing. I have only read part of the book but I was instantaneously hooked on it. It’s amazing how the mind works and such books are really captivating. The plot is extremely intriguing and the plot twists in the book are really the best part about it.
The Reviewer63
Favorite Book: The Fox
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-reviewer63.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by The Reviewer63 »

This book focuses on the psychology of the protagonist keeping me engaged from start to end. This book deserves the full rating due to its very well plot and it's a must read.
Fay KM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fay-km.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Fay KM »

My overall opinion of the book was positive. There are countless good things I can say about it. I primarily loved the suspense, unexpected twists, and creative use of language and imagery. The author's stunning use of language techniques and style of writing was very intriguing and very appropriate for the psychological thriller theme. As I am someone who enjoys reading simple, straightforward stories for entertainment, I found the book slightly complicated here and there, but overall great!
Liberty356
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liberty356.html
Latest Review: Faults by Orion Gregory

Post by Liberty356 »

To be candid, 1st if all, this book is understandably beautiful, it gave me more of psychology which I only offered at an introductory level in school. It's triggers ones psychologically due to its suspense which will make u never to give up reading it. Personally, I will rate it 4 of 4
Humeyra Karakas
Currently Reading: How children learn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humeyra-karakas.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Humeyra Karakas »

I really loved the way story unfolded. I found John's behavior odd and disappointing at times, but overall great story plot.I usually do not like cliff-hanger endings but this one makes you feel smart because you have arguments to decide whether John built the Freedom building or not. I would give it a 4 out of 4 stars. Lovers of psychological thrillers would enjoy this book.
CowboyPoet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by CowboyPoet »

Blucabana wrote: 01 Nov 2021, 07:50 It is a well-written psychological thriller about the strange experiences in the life of the protagonist John Gowan. The book has an intriguing plot, with many unexpected twists. I really enjoyed reading it, and I give it a four star rating. The story ended with a cliff hanger and I loved it! However, the pace does slow down at many points in the story, especially in the beginning. Martin's writing style is very appropriate for a psychological thriller. I endorse this novel because it is a tantalizing narrative that will keep the reader engrossed until the very end.
I personally found the writing style stilted, however if the book was being written about a psychotic person I suppose it matches. Different strokes and all of that, I personally found it difficult wading through and extremely disappointing in all.
Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuebuka-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo »

This book deserves a perfect 4 out of 4 rating. It's an interesting thriller about the bizarre events in protagonist John's life. The narrative of the novel is exciting, with many unexpected twists and suspense. It was a pleasure to read, and I give it a four-star rating. I enjoyed how the tale finished on a cliffhanger! The story's pace does, however, slow down at times, particularly at the beginning. Martin's writing style is ideal for a psychological suspense novel. I recommend this book because it has a captivating plot that will keep the reader captivated until the very last page.
KingPraise001
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingpraise001.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by KingPraise001 »

The story ended with a cliff hanger and I loved it!. Love how the geography of the book is clear throughout, really adds to the great immersion and descriptions the author creates. Characters were well developed in the story, plot was amazing, leave alone the twists and turns that I encountered. Overally, this is a nice book
Shridhar Suryawanshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shridhar-suryawanshi.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Shridhar Suryawanshi »

I was recommended to read The Freedom Building by Martin Kendall by a friend some time ago. And I am glad I read it. The writing style was extraodinary. But I found a few things a bit bland in the book. So I give the rating 3 out of 4 stars.
Chijindu Ifedigbo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chijindu-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Chijindu Ifedigbo »

The book was well written and detailed with no typographical errors so i will rate it a 4 out of 4 stars. The Writing style of the book was also very interesting. I will recommend this book to those who love cloak-and-dagger and interesting things.
jaym_tan
Currently Reading: The Date Farm
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaym-tan.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by jaym_tan »

This is one psychological thriller that had me glued to the book for a long time! I felt like the story was starting off slow then suddenly the twists and turns made the book all the more thrilling!
KingPraise001
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingpraise001.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by KingPraise001 »

I think the author followed the world's perspective of it and didn't do his research or at least specify or mention that in every religion there are extremist groups that don't actually follow the religion's rules and sayings as they are written but they alter them to their own will. I really appreciate the author. 4 out 4 stars would be a fair rating of this thought-provoking book. I would also recommend it to readers who love psychological thrillers
Digisha
Currently Reading: Code of Extra Ordinary mind
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-digisha.html
Latest Review: Ark of the Apocalypse by Tobin Marks

Post by Digisha »

Psychological thriller usually interesting to read. Though story slowly paced at beginning and in between chapters. But still worthy to read. Author has nice hold for this psychological thriller.
Juliet Johnson
Currently Reading: Functional Dysfunction
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-johnson.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (German Edition) by Peter Liptak

Post by Juliet Johnson »

The writer's objective to create this a psychological thriller was successful, as there are numerous turns and the novel ends on a cliffhanger. The book was great and I loved it.

Return to “Discuss "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall”