Overall rating and opinion of "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall

Use this forum to discuss the November 2021 Book of the month, "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Overall rating and opinion of "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall

Post by gali »

This is a discussion topic for the November 2021 Book of the month, The Freedom Building by Martin Kendall. What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? What did you think of the writing style? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on: Bookshelves.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Blucabana
Currently Reading: The girl that loved carravalagio
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blucabana.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Blucabana »

It is a well-written psychological thriller about the strange experiences in the life of the protagonist John Gowan. The book has an intriguing plot, with many unexpected twists. I really enjoyed reading it, and I give it a four star rating. The story ended with a cliff hanger and I loved it! However, the pace does slow down at many points in the story, especially in the beginning. Martin's writing style is very appropriate for a psychological thriller. I endorse this novel because it is a tantalizing narrative that will keep the reader engrossed until the very end.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

gali wrote: 31 Oct 2021, 23:36 This is a discussion topic for the November 2021 Book of the month, The Freedom Building by Martin Kendall. What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? What did you think of the writing style? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on: Bookshelves.
the psychological thriller is really interesting to read because they have hidden information that only the protagonist knows, the fact that he is the only one who knows if he's the one who designed the building's plans keeps you hooked till the end and wanting to know the truth, his writing style was well chosen and made the storyline exciting and the revelations that were made throughout the plot were surprising. I didn't like that terrorist is so normally attached to Islam in which the religion is definitely against it. I think the author followed the world's perspective of it and didn't do his research or at least specify or mention that in every religion there are extremist groups that don't actually follow the religion's rules and sayings as they are written but they alter them to their own will. I rated this book a 3 out of 4 and I would recommend it because the story is interesting to read
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
John Owen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: Rivers of the Black Moon by Andrew Goliszek
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Post by John Owen »

Well, the whole idea of a "psychological" book blows out my mind. This is where your curious mind tries to figure out what's gonna happen, only to be given a rude shock. Since it focuses on the psychology of the character-- the memory lapses, fainting and etcs-- we get so engaged with the character's feelings and emotions. I think the pressure of trying to keep the truth, or perhaps the uncertainty of it, leads to the character's emotional breakdown.

It deserves a 4 stars for me.
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.
Ivvie Ivanova
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading: Beyond Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivvie-ivanova.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Spanish Edition) by Peter Liptak
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by Ivvie Ivanova »

The psychological thriller had me reading tirelessly and it made me want to check out other books by the author. The pacing seemed to slow down unexpectedly here and there but the twists and turns in the narrative made up for it, in my opinion. Full rating.
Kira Bonita Reece
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Box Set
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kira-bonita-reece.html
Latest Review: Starboard Eight by Brian Casey

Post by Kira Bonita Reece »

I like the mysterious nature of this story. I would definitely rate it 4 stars. I like John's character and the way he is presented in the book. After reading this book, I highly recommend it to persons, like myself, who enjoy thrillers
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

I'm still finishing the book. However, I like the ease in the writing style—the scenes move along quickly enough not to get bored and keep me motivated. Sentences are short and most conversations are too. I also like how I'm able to understand what's going on—it isn't one of those books that trail off, so far that I have to read back to understand where I'm at.

I found it a bit insensitive whenever the character commented that "it was for the best" because the building was ugly. But, I understand that it was done to assert the character's personality.

So far so good, I'd recommend it because the stages move fast enough, and I'm constantly perplexed.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Truth and Evil
Bookshelf Size: 744
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: All You'll Never Be (Kindle Edition) by E. L. Neve

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I could not put this book down once I started reading it. Although there are many repetitions throughout the book, these only reinforced the events. A lot of the psychological aspects of this book are thought provoking. I have not written my review yet but I will be giving it 4 out of 4 stars. The book is well written, the plot flows smoothly, and there are only a couple of errors in the book.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Daniel-Davis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-davis.html
Latest Review: Grant's Wish by T.S. Pollard

Post by Daniel-Davis »

I really enjoyed the simple effective world building. In the very first paragraph, we know that he lives betwixt two major cities, Toxon and Blanworth and that he will be traveling to both cities regularly. Wow, all the geography is explained on one page. I love world building and that was succinct!
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

I do think that it is a very excellently written psychological thriller, however, I do not particularly like it, because I am not into psychological thrillers that much. I think that the slow-burn plus the plot twists made the story better for me. I would give it a four out of four stars rating if my favorite genre is psychological thriller.
azengaKE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azengake.html
Latest Review: Wellness Toolbox by Don Roberts

Post by azengaKE »

This is a likable psychological novel that there is nothing that i did not like in it. The plot and character development were amazing. The writing style is recommendable. I would recommend this nice book to those who like thriller and interesting stories.
mark liu
Currently Reading: If Time Stood Still
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-liu.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by mark liu »

The narrative overall is quite a good strong concept and I'm happy to see that the characters also appeared to feel real and fully fleshed out. Love how the geography of the book is clear throughout, really adds to the great immersion and descriptions the author creates. Top class thriller, would recommend to pretty much anybody wanting a well planned and genuine thriller.
addicted reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-addicted-reader.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by addicted reader »

First, I must congratulate the author of this great book, Martin Kendall for weaving such an interesting and suspenseful book. While reading it, I liked it and I cannot hesitate to recommend it to all lovers of this kind of books, psychological thrillers. There is nothing I didn't like about this book. Characters were well developed in the story, plot was amazing, leave alone the twists and turns that I encountered. Overally, this is a nice book that requires a perfect rating.
vitalisvicky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vitalisvicky.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by vitalisvicky »

The author of this excellent book is extremely talented! How of authors will be able to write such an amazing novel? It an intriguing book that you can repeatedly read it without being bored. I liked every aspect of this book, and I really appreciate the author. 4 out 4 stars would be a fair rating of this thought-provoking book. I would also recommend it to readers who love psychological thrillers and those who appreciate stories characterized with suspense.
Chimdiya A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimdiya-a.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Chimdiya A »

I would rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars, will recommend it to everyone who loves interesting books. The author did well in his written style, it is a well written psychological book, that would be helpful to anyone who come across it.

Return to “Discuss "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall”