Action can be considered a genre that uses suspense in a way that gets readers excited "to know how the conflict between the protagonist and antagonist is going to be resolved or what the solution to the puzzle of a thriller is." Typically, this genre emphasizes on "exciting action sequences." (wikipedia)
Adventure can be thought of as a genre "that usually presents danger, or gives the reader a sense of excitement." The actual adventure is usually outside the protagonist's everyday life, and can include some danger and action. (wikipedia)
Please discuss the following:
- Share the title and author of the book you read.
- Was it primarily an action-based novel or adventure-based? What makes this book an action, adventure, or action/adventure read?
- Were there other genres woven into the text?
- What were your impressions?
- Would you recommend the book you read? Why or why not?