Overall rating and opinion of "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.

Use this forum to discuss the December 2021 Book of the month, "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.
vitalisvicky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vitalisvicky.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.

Post by vitalisvicky »

In my opinion, this is an amazing book that is fully packed with action. Twists and turns present in it will keep any reader at the edge of his/her seat. What I liked most about the book is how is fast-paced and interesting. Imagine, The Princess of Hell, Lucifer's daughter, living among humans, it sounds intriguing. There is nothing that I disliked about Vagabond by Mary A.J. The writing style was superb, and I liked it. This is something that I will recommend to the lovers of demonic stories. This is because the book is interesting and they will like it.
Brian Ruguru
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicroy.html
Latest Review: Sunshine Snow Snowbird by Kenneth Bainey

Post by Brian Ruguru »

The world building of the book was exceptional, and the characters were relatable. Nevertheless, I did not know what to make of the relationships that Cecilia entangled herself in. Generally, I did not like that. I rate it 3 out of 4 stars.
Harsh Soni 3
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: How To Be Successful
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harsh-soni-3.html
Latest Review: Money Habits Grandma Taught Me by Luke Pentagon

Post by Harsh Soni 3 »

Lucifer's daughter gets admission in one of the human's school which is full of secrets, and she is concerned about her security. It sounds unique to me. Though, I am not a massive fan of these type of book so that book not attracted me that much. It is a 3-star from me. I will recommend this book to those who love the horror books.
Purplesturv
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purplesturv.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Purplesturv »

The story was skillfully told. It had a nice plot and great character development. With a hint of romance and suspense, it was an enthralling read, well deserving of its rating.
Shireen Ubaid
Favorite Book: Crescendo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shireen-ubaid.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by Shireen Ubaid »

The mere thought of Lucifer's daughter escaping and coming to live among humans gave me the chills. The thing i loved the most is the love triangle between Cecelia, Alexander and Sebastian. I would definitely recommend the book to romance and fantasy lovers.
marta baglioni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

I am a big consumer of YA fantasy books: in A.J.'s work I see clearly some original elements, and I really liked the idea of the integration of Cecilia in the human scholastic environment, though it brings me back to (e.g.) Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. I don't have a high opinion of these overused love triangles, but the reading was fun nonetheless. If you keep in mind the targeted age, I think this book deserves a perfect score.
Cristina Corui Mihailescu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Christine M. Whitehead
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Once Upon A Time In Afghanistan
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-corui-mihailescu.html
Latest Review: What is Autism? by Damien Rist
fav_author_id: 8698

Post by Cristina Corui Mihailescu »

A very unusual point of view, indeed, even for a fantasy. Well-written and engaging, definitely worth reading for youngsters. What I don't understand is why people call her either Cecilia or Cecelia!
Danielle Briggs
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle-briggs.html
Latest Review: Moonlit Nights by Jacob Parr

Post by Danielle Briggs »

I am in the middle of this book and I can not put it down! I think the best books enchant you enough that you're able to forget your surroundings and be completely enthralled in the story, and that is exactly what this book does!
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: The Lyons Den
Bookshelf Size: 782
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: The Mighty Esox by G. Edward Martin

Post by Bertha Jackson »

This is an amazing science-fiction book that entwines mystery, romance, and the paranormal that I gave four out of four stars. The book has been professionally edited and has less than ten errors. I enjoyed how the author included revelations about demons from the Bible. There was nothing I disliked about this book. I recommend this book to young adults and older readers who enjoy these genres.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
ciecheesemeister
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Currently Reading: Homer, A Constant Companion.
Bookshelf Size: 724
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ciecheesemeister.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
fav_author_id: 165843

Post by ciecheesemeister »

I gave it three out of four stars. Overall, it was an enjoyable read. It may be the only story I've found where an immortal being opting to attend high school made sense. Usually, I roll my eyes at that idea, but Cecilia's circumstances have led to her having the emotional capacity of an adolescent. Besides, she was interested in finding out where the dark magic was coming from at the school.
I knocked off a star from my rating for minor grammatical errors and the author's propensity for restating information that was established early in the story.
Hana_Fabro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hana-fabro.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Hana_Fabro »

My favorite part of Vagabond is how the author used a three-year-old kid as the story-teller. I've known a lot of stories with the same concept as this but this is quite different because of Cecilia. I believe the book deserves a complete rating.
Zelda Boshoff
Favorite Book: Strong Heart
Currently Reading: The Elf Legacy - Book Five of the Magi Charter
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zelda-boshoff.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Zelda Boshoff »

I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I loved Cecilia character. The war between good and evil is clearly captured in the character's. This is a fantacy novel that all fantasy lovers should read. It's a page tunner. The plot is intriguing.
addicted reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-addicted-reader.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by addicted reader »

This is an amazing book and I really liked it. Everything in the book was lit. The cover was also well-designed to fit the genre. The writing style was excellent, and of high quality: the characterization of Cecelia's was amazing too. This is a fantastic book that I would recommend to anyone who enjoys suspenseful and interesting stories.
Dr Chocha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dr-chocha.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Dr Chocha »

This book is thought challenging, like "really, Lucifer's daughter? wow!" That was my reaction after a quick glimpse into the main plot. I really think this book deserves a full rating because few tales can touch that line. So for me 4 out of 4 stars it is.
Alexander C Schmoock
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

The most interesting part for me was the integration of Lucifer's daughter into human society. The book had a lot of twists that were clear indications of the author's brilliance as a story teller. Readers who seek to understand the operation of demons will enjoy the book.

Return to “Discuss "vagabond" by Mary A.J.”