Overall rating and opinion of "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.

Use this forum to discuss the December 2021 Book of the month, "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.
Kira Bonita Reece
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Box Set
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kira-bonita-reece.html
Latest Review: Starboard Eight by Brian Casey

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.

Post by Kira Bonita Reece »

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The idea of satan having a daughter is quite new and intriguing. I like how suspenseful the story was. Although it had too many demonic elements for my liking, it was a well-written book.
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

This book was amazing in every way. Every page was a pleasure to read! The narrative is a beautiful allegory for the human condition that we all confront, with circumstances, emotions, and love intertwined with the internal war of good and evil that we all face in real life too. Each character is really likeable and I like how the book had both- goofy as well as gothic elements. So no doubt I'm going to rate this book as 4 out of 4 stars. :D
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

Honestly, I was skeptical about reading this book as I have never read the book this genre and I am not really a fan of it. But this book was a surprise. I had a good time reading this novel. The story was well thought out and the blend of different emotions be it happy, sad or twisted was well depicted through the characters. The only thing I did not enjoy was the love triangle but I know it's a romance novel making it a basis of the story. Nonetheless, I enjoyed my time so will give 4 out of 4 stars.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Post by Roy Nick »

I enjoyed how the author intertwined romance and paranormal worlds. On top of that, Cecilia was on top of her game throughout the novel. The book is also well edited, no doubt about that. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.
Roy Nick
Currently Reading:

Post by Roy Nick »

Dr Chocha wrote: 06 Dec 2021, 12:21 This book is thought challenging, like "really, Lucifer's daughter? wow!" That was my reaction after a quick glimpse into the main plot. I really think this book deserves a full rating because few tales can touch that line. So for me 4 out of 4 stars it is.
Then there's a way that Cecilia came out different from her evil mother. They were two different personalities. The plot was exceptional!
Roy Nick
Currently Reading:

Post by Roy Nick »

addicted reader wrote: 06 Dec 2021, 02:15 This is an amazing book and I really liked it. Everything in the book was lit. The cover was also well-designed to fit the genre. The writing style was excellent, and of high quality: the characterization of Cecelia's was amazing too. This is a fantastic book that I would recommend to anyone who enjoys suspenseful and interesting stories.
I agree with the suspense part. It was hard to know what Cecilia would do next, and her relationships came as a surprise for me.
Roy Nick
Currently Reading:

Post by Roy Nick »

Rashi Agrawal wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 00:39 For the most part, I really enjoyed this book. The general idea of Satan’s daughter integrating into human society was great, and I think it was well portrayed. I really enjoyed the main plot. I recommend this book to those who enjoy a good love triangle and cool demonic fights. And also for those of you who enjoy the aesthetics of pretty books. The chapter headers are cool, which I really appreciate.
Chapter headers are always great because they give a reader a glimpse of what to expect in the segment. They were extremely helpful in Vagabond by Mary A.J.
beauri21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beauri21.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by beauri21 »

The plot sure wins here, very fascinating. The author's superb writing skills add another feather. The book deserves a 4 out of 4 rating. The theme of good and evil would make it popular for readers. I recommend to young adults, there are many lessons to be learnt in the book.
Flowers123
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flowers123.html
Latest Review: Fragments by Bruce K. Berger

Post by Flowers123 »

There is no greater enigma than what was created in this novel. Lucifer’s daughter attending a school and striving to mingle with the humans seemed inconceivable. l like the premise, which was both unique and alluring. The novel captured a continuous struggle between her sense of self-preservation and intense remorse for her merciless slaughter of innocents. I think every part of this novel describes a unique form of writing that is both creative and outstanding. It deserves a 4 out of 4 ratings.
6eyed
Currently Reading: Pedro Paramo
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-6eyed.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by 6eyed »

I enjoyed seeing the naive romantic ideas and confusion that is typically woven into teenage life. I also liked the moral battles and the character foils the writer created. My only complaint was that the author left out scenes that could have enriched the world and the book's characters. I especially felt this way about Sebastian. I like him, but sometimes Cecilia would just tell the reader what he said about his own life or feelings after the fact. I guess really the complaint is "I wish there was more of it to read" :eusa-think:
katerina_12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katerina-12.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by katerina_12 »

The plot is sophisticated and interesting. Biblical analogs are thought-provoking. The characters are also sophisticating, I liked that the author did not divide them into good and bad types. Cecilia reminds us once again that no matter the past and where you come from, the main thing is to be kind. I think it's a unique book in its genre.
Tim Toby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tim-toby.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Tim Toby »

Oh, this book was such a great read. The plot was very creative; the characters were unique. It kept me right on my chair throughout the entire book. Kudos to the author. This is book gets a four-star rating from me.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I really liked the book. I can see, however, how others would not enjoy reading it. There are some places, the battles, for instance, that can get extremely scary. I like the fact that Cecilia is able to hold her own against crowds of demons and is willing to do so by herself. Even though Alexander gets better in the end I still do not like him. He seems entitled to me.
Georg Kelb
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-georg-kelb.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Georg Kelb »

I really liked the plot. I looked at well-known events from a hitherto unknown angle. Biblical characters are also interesting and versatile. I think it's a great book in its genre. The narrative style does not allow the reader to get bored. Surprises and adventures will chain the reader to the book.
Georg Kelb
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-georg-kelb.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Georg Kelb »

Flowers123 wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 20:58 There is no greater enigma than what was created in this novel. Lucifer’s daughter attending a school and striving to mingle with the humans seemed inconceivable. l like the premise, which was both unique and alluring. The novel captured a continuous struggle between her sense of self-preservation and intense remorse for her merciless slaughter of innocents. I think every part of this novel describes a unique form of writing that is both creative and outstanding. It deserves a 4 out of 4 ratings.
Totally agree with you. Cecilia's character and the constant controversy in her soul are thought-provoking and at the same time it made the book valuable. :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Discuss "vagabond" by Mary A.J.”