Overall rating and opinion of "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.

Use this forum to discuss the December 2021 Book of the month, "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.
Oreoluwa21
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oreoluwa21.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.

Post by Oreoluwa21 »

Incredible incredible work! How a character whose nature you think you can predict turn out to be the opposite of what you imagined is mind blowing. This kept me rooted in the book, and the use of suspense in the book is simply suberb.
OTrain Disene
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flight Quack
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-disene.html
Latest Review: Mysteries by Graham Wilson

Post by OTrain Disene »

The first ten pages of the book are the one that determines if I will be reading the book entirely or not, this was the former. It managed to grab me from the beginning and I couldn't put it down. So yes, I would recommend it to anyone because it is a good one.
The writing style was grabbing and so smooth for my liking.
nwanasebuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanyi-nata1.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by nwanasebuka »

Vagabond is a massive novel that needs a lot more attention. It's exhilarating and suspenseful at the same time. It has so many twists and turns, as well as unexpected happenings, that it will keep you captivated by the novel. The author has done an outstanding job. The narrative and setting of this novel are wonderful.
Kehinde Hussein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kehinde-hussein.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Kehinde Hussein »

For me, the dynamism and plot of this book was special. Cecelia Harrow who is introduced to be Lucifer's daughter leaving the depths of hell to seek an abode in Cornelia High is thrilling. She also has to deal with the school's hidden secret presents another whole level to the story.
Fundo22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Fundo22 »

I absolutely enjoyed this book. The fact that satan’s daughter wishes to interact with others regardless of who and what her father does is amazing. The relationship definitely was the highlight of this book for me as it conveyed such a strong message as to how people truly are regardless of where they come from.
Junior Gesuka 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Junior Gesuka 1 »

It was an intriguing premise that was both original and intriguing. Lucifer's daughter attempting to integrate into human society and attending school created an enigma. Throughout the novel, she's torn between self-preservation and remorse over her brutal killings of innocent people. Even though she was attracted to Sebastian Nox, she could not commit herself because she feared that her demonic nature would hurt him. In her case, she was also unable to ignore the dark appeal of Alexander Draven. Mary A.J. excelled at elucidating these internal conflicts and dilemmas. In addition to a thrilling plotline and surprises that captivated readers, the novel had all the necessary elements required for an engrossing story. This book has an atmospheric quality due to the Gothic structure and the shadowy past of the school. In order to complete the concoction, Mary A.J. whipped up scenes of vivid action and demonic combat. The drama was lightened up by a teenage love triangle. There will be further sequels because of the ending twist.

The aspect I liked most about Mary A.J. was how she depicted evil and good constantly fighting each other. Sebastian and Alexander have starkly different personalities, as reflected in their contrast. Cecelia possessed a human nature, attracted to the former's symbolism of purity and virtue. In comparison, the latter was an embodiment of darkness that inspired her demonic nature. Throughout the book, her characters are split between two aspects of themselves. The book is highly recommended for young adults who appreciate paranormal romance. Graphic violence is depicted in a couple of scenes, thus turning off some readers
Fajarr
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fajarr.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Fajarr »

Amazing characterisation mixed with impeccable plot development really makes this book worthy of praise. To see a story told from the POV of Satan's daughter rather than other possible biblical characters makes this book really stand out.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Moniqca S
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moniqca-s.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Moniqca S »

I was so curious reading the description of this book and wanted to read it so badly. And I can say I was not disappointed. Not only the theme but the entire plot was well planned and narrated. I would definitely recommend this.
Faruqinspired
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faruqinspired.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Faruqinspired »

For me, a well-developed character representation and an unpredictable plot are what give a book its vitality. Every aspect of Vagabond, whether it is romance, mystery, adventure, or gloom, was expertly presented. Therefore, I would support a higher rating for this work.
Faruqinspired
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faruqinspired.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Faruqinspired »

Both the writing style and the character development were excellently done by the author.
The introduction of suspense and romance engrossed me while I read, and these two contents are what led me to give the book a full rating.
Ann Harun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann-harun.html

Post by Ann Harun »

The setting and plot of this book triumph. It demonstrates incredible storytelling strengths, and the expertise used with the twists, dramatic tension, and suspense make this book deserving of the best ratings.
Ann Harun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann-harun.html

Post by Ann Harun »

The setting and plot of this book triumph. It demonstrates incredible storytelling strengths, and the expertise used with the twists, dramatic tension, and suspense make this book deserving of the best ratings.

Return to “Discuss "vagabond" by Mary A.J.”