Overall rating and opinion of "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.

Use this forum to discuss the December 2021 Book of the month, "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.
bello jamiu5
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bello-jamiu5.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.

Post by bello jamiu5 »

Science fiction and fantasy aficionados will like Vagabond. This book is jam-packed with grandiose examples of inventiveness. Even without the narrative around Lucifer's daughter Cecilia, the love entanglement is disturbing. The battle between demons and humans, as well as the appearance of supernatural beings, will appeal to young readers. It gets a four-star rating from me. Mary A. J. deserves applause for her efforts.
Chris Micheal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopher-n-10.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Chris Micheal »

The book seems interesting and the characters are well developed. I liked Cecelia's attempt at behaving normal by joining a school and being remorseful. Those who enjoy Fiction and adventure will enjoy the story. I give it a 4 out of 4 stars rating.
auth_r
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-auth-r.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by auth_r »

The Book of the Month for December 2021 deserves a complete rating of 4 out of 4 stars as it comes uniquely. There are bunch of Lucifer stories out there but this book has offered something unique that I can't put in words. But I can point out Lucifer's daughter; this point contributed to the uniqueness of the book.
Sharon Beck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-beck.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Sharon Beck »

I loved the book. The story line was fun and engaging, I enjoyed the mysteries of the source of the dark magic and the identity of Cecelia's childhood savior, and I am eager to see whether Cecelia chooses Sebastian or Alexander. However, I chose to give it 3 out of 4 stars because of numerous grammatical errors, awkward sentences, and confusing sections.
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

gali wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 00:14 This is a discussion topic for the December 2021 Book of the month, Vagabond by Mary A.J.

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? What did you think of the writing style? What genres are woven into the text? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on: Bookshelves.
I thought it was a dynamic book with interesting characters, plot and style. I enjoyed the supernatural elements of the narrative and the interactions that take place.
Anthonio042
Currently Reading: Sex, Genes and Rock 'n' Roll
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthonio042.html
Latest Review: "INVASIONS: 'Killing og the Indian'" by Don Diehl

Post by Anthonio042 »

The overarching storyline never ceases to astound and intrigue me. There were a lot of surprises in this novel that I wasn't expecting, including Cecila's age and her actions. In my opinion, this narrative has the potential to be a huge success because of the author's excellent writing skills. As a result, I'm awarding it an unequivocal 4 out of 4 stars. It doesn't bother me if there are a few grammatical blunders in this book though.
Darlings O
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Post by Darlings O »

This book would get a perfect rating from me. The plot was amazing. First, Satan has an offspring? Then in human form? This book was beyond amazing for me.
Edem Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edem-michael.html
Latest Review: Loria by Gunnar Hedman

Post by Edem Michael »

I think the author did a good job in the characterization of the story. I'd rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. The writing is entirely engaging. From the review, the premise with which the book was written is different from the usual paranormal premise. I would definitely recommend this book to people who love this genre of book.
Latest Review: Loria by Gunnar Hedman
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: Words of Wisdom: INSPIRING QUOTES for Everyone by Sharef Flounoy

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

Wonderful plot and beautiful story twist. This is my first time reading a novel that dabbles into divinity and the likes so I was quite intrigued. I do like the the fusion of real with unreal and the great skill the author has exhibited in bringing this story to life. Fantasy, the supernatural, romance; all these and more are explored in this book. Definitely a must read. I give a 4 out of 4 stars
Chinazo Anozie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 310
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

This book gives me a bit of Twilight vibes, and I'm absolutely here for it. Can't wait to read!
AmberLiz
Currently Reading: The Freedom Building
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amberliz.html
Latest Review: The Assignment by Don Chance

Post by AmberLiz »

Amazing plot line, with so many enexpected twists. The author portrays the characters in a unique, yet still relatable. I definitely enjoyed the humor that was intertwined into the plot as well. Definitely recommend.
NwakorVian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwakorvian.html
Latest Review: The Weed Lady by Shea R Embry

Post by NwakorVian »

This book is an art of fantasy based on good and evil. The author's writing skills is excellent as well as the portray of the plot and characters. The book contains romance and suspense that makes one want to know what happens next. This is one book I'm sure I'll tell my peers about.
Avaruusorava
Currently Reading: The Will of the Wanderer
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avaruusorava.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Avaruusorava »

The premise itself is so clever that you have to pick up this book only because in that way you can experience quite unique and good YA book. If paranormal fiction is your cup of tea, do not miss this one.
Kuchi Mercy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kuchi-mercy.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by Kuchi Mercy »

I enjoyed the storyline, storytelling, and general flow of the novel. I greatly commend the author. Although this is not my preferred genre, it is a book well written.
Alyssa444
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alyssa444.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by Alyssa444 »

I enjoyed the book. I thought the writing was quite good. I did find a few weird typos, run on sentences, odd wordings in sentences that bothered me. I thought the characters didn't have very much depth actually. I found myself wondering "Why?" alot. I liked that Cecelia was breaking free from a life that no longer fit who she was. She was rewriting and deciding what she believed to be true. I thought that was cool.

Return to “Discuss "vagabond" by Mary A.J.”