Overall rating and opinion of "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.

Use this forum to discuss the December 2021 Book of the month, "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.
Choky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-choky.html
Latest Review: My life uncensored by Cristina Caymares

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.

Post by Choky »

There was nothing I disliked about this book. It is engaging and deserves a four out of four stars rating. I loved how the author mixed the sides of good and evil. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in phenomena beyond human and scientific understanding.
tyron esendi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tyron-esendi.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by tyron esendi »

Bridgette C 2 wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 07:26 Overall, it has a fantastic plot. There is an internal battle of good and evil that one must face as driven by emotions and feelings. I also felt strange when I started reading it's first chapter but I grasped it eventually. The humor is engaging and the I can relate with the characters. It excellently portrayed an individual trying to discover his/her role and place in the world. It's thought-provoking narrative. Imma give it its deserved perfect stars.
I totally agree. There is something lowkey unsettling about the story when you start reading. But once you get into the groove of the story, things fall in place. I loved the writing style and character development. I think the book deserves a perfect rating. I'll be recommending it to my friends.
Nwadinso Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-michael.html
Latest Review: Mon Cheri by Spare Time Novels

Post by Nwadinso Michael »

In my opinion, I'd rate it 4 out of 4 stars. Cecelia Harrow is a paranormal girl who is trying to fit into Cornelia school. I'd recommend this book to others because of the author's unique writing style and perspective.
God is a Poet and he taught me how to hold my pen.
Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuebuka-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo »

The writing style seems to be entertaining based on the sample. Everything was nicely stated and explained by the author. The text was fluid. It was incredibly suspenseful since I had no idea what to anticipate. It was fascinating how the narrative was portrayed through Cecelia's eyes, even as a three-day-old infant. The protagonist seems to be intriguing and complicated. Cecelia fleeing to a human school is definitely remarkable. The subject of good against evil is usually a winner. Fantasy is another great escapist concept that will appeal to a large number of people. Although the book looks to be well-written and I believe it will appeal to a wide audience, especially young people, I doubt I will suggest it to others since this genre is not my favourite. Congratulations to the author for her inventiveness and inspiration.
AndreeaG
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andreeag.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by AndreeaG »

I will rate this book 4 out of 4 because it has a fascinating plot, the situations described by Cecilia are intriguing since she is a 3-year old baby. The good-and-devil theme always captivates me and the author did an amazing job engagingly narrating the story. I would recommend this book to teenagers since I consider them more interested in this kind of book.
Chibuike Hillary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chibuike-hillary.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Chibuike Hillary »

This book's plot and surroundings are fantastic. With her incredible storytelling abilities, the author did a fantastic job. The twists and turns added to the book's intrigue.
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Post by Adaeze Joan »

Vagabond is an epic novel that deserves so much more. It is not only thrilling but also suspenseful. It contains so much twists, turns, and unexpected events that would leave one glued to the book. The author did an amazing job.
ikechukwuamarachi+55
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwuamarachi-55.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by ikechukwuamarachi+55 »

I like the fact that Satan's daughter named Cecilia escaped just to live a normal life and got herself enrolled in Cornelia High School. It's really amazing.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

There were several plot twists that took me by surprise. The characters were well developed and I truly enjoyed most. My favourite was Satan's daughter. Her struggles and inner conflict were narrated and portrayed in such a relatable manner. I'd definitely recommend it. It wasn't what I expected but in a good way!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Apple 7 »

Retribution, confusion, self discovery and unanticipated activities are found within this book...the controversial idea of devil's offspring escaping and trying to adapt in the human society is very creative. Cecilia's role and character development as the devil's daughter is very unique and interesting.
elsaoko87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elsaoko87.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by elsaoko87 »

I give this book a 4 out 4 rating because the plot is not only enjoyable, but relates to the real setting in the society. Even though not Lucifer's children, there are factors in the society like the class, ethnic, racial or salve codes that pit people against others resulting in making sacrifices and hard decisions. I believe the plot of this book can give people insight into how to be accommodated and accommodate others in our social circles
Sola Gracia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sola-gracia.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sola Gracia »

I rated this book four out of four stars. I loved that it is written in a first-person writing style. It helped me to follow Cecilia's emotions and what she was thinking. The book was enjoyable for me. I recommend it for those who love reading supernatural and angelic stories. But I don't recommend this book for people who hate stories in which demons are the main characters.
Dhyanvi Patel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dhyanvi Patel »

The location and narrative of this novel triumph. It demonstrates extraordinary narrative ability, and the deft handling of surprises, suspense, and tension earns this book the highest grade.
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Apple 7 »

Consider the idea, Satan being a parent, with an offspring at the rebellious stage of life, but her rebellious feat pits her from the realm of the supernatural to the realm of the normal, and worse she goes to school which would exposes her to an array of new experiences..very interesting read
5_tourmaline
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-5-tourmaline.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by 5_tourmaline »

I would give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. The idea that Lucifer's daughter came to hide within humans is intriguing. I would definitely recommend this book to other people.

Return to “Discuss "vagabond" by Mary A.J.”