Overall rating and opinion of "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.

Use this forum to discuss the December 2021 Book of the month, "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.

Post by Apple 7 »

The supernatural trying to blend in with the natural will be considered as strange, but the author stylishly makes everything balance properly, with a couple of unexpected twists and turns...though not many fancy the idea of devil having a daughter..
danopsyfarm1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danopsyfarm1.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by danopsyfarm1 »

Rashi Agrawal wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 00:39 For the most part, I really enjoyed this book. The general idea of Satan’s daughter integrating into human society was great, and I think it was well portrayed. I really enjoyed the main plot. I recommend this book to those who enjoy a good love triangle and cool demonic fights. And also for those of you who enjoy the aesthetics of pretty books. The chapter headers are cool, which I really appreciate.
The first time i read the description of the book, it kept me thinking what dimension the author would do with the storyline but i was not surprised with what i got. An intriguing story of Satan's daughter.
danopsyfarm1
Currently Reading:

Post by danopsyfarm1 »

Susan Gibbs wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 01:40 From the sample, the writing style appeared to be enjoyable. The author described and explained everything well. The text flowed. It was quite suspenseful as I was not sure what to expect. It was interesting how the story was told from Cecelia's perspective, even when she was a 3-day old baby. The main character seems interesting and complex. The idea of Cecelia escaping and attending a human school is truly unique. The theme of good and evil is always a successful one. Fantasy is also a popular escapist theme that will appeal to many. Although the book appears to be well written and I think it will prove popular, particularly to young adults, I probably won't be recommending it to others, as this genre is not my favourite. Well done to the author for her creativity and imagination.
The author made sure to make the story relatable and not just abstract and this made it easy for readers to follow.
danopsyfarm1
Currently Reading:

Post by danopsyfarm1 »

Chetna_123 wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 01:46 For me, the zest of any novel lies in the well-developed portrayal of characters and an unforeseeable story plot. Vagabond displayed excellence in the presentation of every element, be it romance, mystery, action, or darkness. I would, therefore, agree with a higher rating for this book. The book contains violence and paranormal romance that makes it more suitable for young adults.
I was surprised when i picked the book and noticed it has it all, romance, mystery, action and light humour. This made the book one of a kind.
danopsyfarm1
Currently Reading:

Post by danopsyfarm1 »

Pharmemma wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 16:25 The author did a great job in the character development and the writing style is noteworthy.
Introducing suspense and romance got me immersed while reading, and these two contents were my reason for the full rating.
The book sure deserves a full rating as the author was able to blend the romance with the mystery and made the book whole and interesting.
Janelydia Mwangi
Currently Reading: Bugs, Weeds, and Water
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelydia-mwangi.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg
Reading Device: Android

Post by Janelydia Mwangi »

The book is amazing, and the characterization is superb making the events flow. the author also depicts the events in a chronological manner ensuring that any feeling of suspense aroused is anwered. I rate 4 out of 4 stars.
Kashmir Lalla
Currently Reading: Turtles All the Way Down
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kashmir-lalla.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Kashmir Lalla »

There is no greater enigma than what was created in this novel. Lucifer’s daughter attending a school and striving to mingle with the humans seemed inconceivable. l like the premise, which was both unique and alluring. The novel captured a continuous struggle between her sense of self-preservation and intense remorse for her merciless slaughter of innocents. I think every part of this novel describes a unique form of writing that is both creative and outstanding. It deserves a 4 out of 4 ratings.
Siphesihle Prince
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siphesihle-prince.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Siphesihle Prince »

Imagine, that moments before birth, just as you've developed a conscious awareness of the world, the very first memory burnt into your mind is that of your own murder, half exhausted to death and desperately depleting the last of her energy after a strenuous delivery, trying to murder you in cold blood. Who wouldn't be enthralled by such a dramatic opening?

Please pardon me. The truth is, I've always been a sucker for a good vampire/demon story. I'm not sure exactly what there is to it, but there's a perilous enticement in the dangerous lives of these supernatural beings. That threatening delight, one you would get from the luring tongue of a hoodlum tempting you into a thrilling trap you're well aware of, but knowingly walk into anywhere.

Mary's delivery is impeccable for a classic dark and gritty supernatural romance. This simply deserves 4 out 4 stars.
The Reviewer63
Favorite Book: The Fox
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-reviewer63.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by The Reviewer63 »

Overall this book has a fantastic plot and text flows smoothly. The author seems to be master in storytelling. I like that story was told from Cecilia's point of view even when she is 3 day old baby. The main theme of the book was the war of good and evil which is always a captivative theme as, everyone of us is fighting with evils in our souls. Fantasy is really a good idea while it will suite to lovers of fantasy.
DrOshA
Favorite Book: Dragon Reborn
Currently Reading: Storm Front Over Atlantis
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drosha.html
Latest Review: Colors by Samuel J Murray

Post by DrOshA »

The premise of the book's protagonist brings up some questions: what kind of mother would that be, to have a child with Satan? Does she maybe have half sisters all over the place? And would Satan allow any sons of his to survive?
Anyone else coming up with questions like these?
Grampy
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grampy.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Grampy »

I rated Vagabond by Mary A.J. 4 out of 4 stars, because I really enjoyed the book. It had an amazing storyline and also the fact that is was both interesting and complex to understand. I liked how the there were plot twists. It added spice to the story.
Larissa Sawers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-larissa-sawers.html
Latest Review: Speaks for Itself by Jeffrey Paul Bailey.

Post by Larissa Sawers »

Overall, I enjoyed this. The premise of Satan’s daughter trying to fit into society was fresh, and I like the approach the author took. The story was well written. Mary A.J. is great at writing fight scenes. The characters are portrayed well. On occasion, some parts of the plot dragged, but nothing that impacted the story too much. I would recommend; this is the type of book I would have picked up for myself anyway.
AvishaJain_13
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishajain-13.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by AvishaJain_13 »

Cecilia is definitely one of my favourite characters now. Having Satan's daughter be the point of view for the story was fun, if not new. Would definitely recommend this book to others.
Sia P
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sia-p.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sia P »

Given that I was reading such a book after such a long time, this novel came as a pleasant surprise to me. The plot was well-thought-out, with a good mix of happy, sad, and twisted feelings. I also enjoy the author's representation of the characters. I had a wonderful time reading the book, and it truly merits a flawless four-star rating. 😄
abbyvanana1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbyvanana1997.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by abbyvanana1997 »

Vagabond by Mary A.J had a terrific and exciting plotline, and I'm sure a lot of people enjoyed it.
The twists and turns provided in this book are astronomical, and it made me reassess each chapter because I was left dumbfounded each time. Furthermore, the title, symbolic cover, and characterization are excellent. As a result, I’m giving this book a 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to those who love fiction with a smidgen of romance and action in it.

Return to “Discuss "vagabond" by Mary A.J.”