Cecilia being Lucifer's daughter is compatible with her personality?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2021 Book of the month, "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.
Gabrielle Sigaki
Currently Reading: Business Basics BootCamp
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielle-sigaki.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Icon Cecilia being Lucifer's daughter is compatible with her personality?

Post by Gabrielle Sigaki »

Cecelia Harrow is Lucifer's daughter, but she seems to be very different from who the princess of Hell should be. I know that this way the author removes the cliche from the character, but at the same time, for me it seems that it also removes other possibilities that the character personality might have. Do you think that Cecilia being Lucifer's daughter is compatible with her personality?
Bridgette C 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridgette-c-2.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Bridgette C 2 »

I wanna side with the author. Being Lucifer's daughter does not necessarily mean that she also has to have her father's attitude. What if Cecilia was just like Lucifer from the Lucifer series who got bored in hell and then he went to the mortal's world?

Anyway, it's good to know that Cecilia has not inherited evil attitude😅
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

I think the author is correct here. A child can adopt to any trait that he/she wants and finds attractive. They don't have to walk on their parents footsteps all the time.
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Susan Gibbs »

It sounds like Cecelia has many elements to her personality. AS the story progresses, she develops the softer parts of her personality. This shows that there is good and evil in everyone. As you mention, it makes her character more three-dimensional and interesting, less of a cliche. I think it is believable that the Princess of Hell could exhibit other less evil parts to her personality.
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rizki Pradana »

I think Cecilia's personality isn't compatible with her mother because of her environment and her father. But I am glad that Cecilia doesn't inherit her mother's evil character.
Rachael S 1
Currently Reading: Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachael-s-1.html
Latest Review: SandPeople by Cheryl Kerr

Post by Rachael S 1 »

I like the idea that the daughter does not follow the father completely. I think having a different personality than the cliche adds more to the storyline than just being the evil princess of darkness. There is always more than just good or just evil to a personality and it takes time to find out what and who you are. Especially when you are dealing with high-school children.
Ahñ Mèiã
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ah-m-i.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

What if she has the evil side but she is hiding it or it's gonna appear later in the story?🤔 or her mother was an angel maybe that's why 🤔
Cwilde13
Currently Reading: Watership Down
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwilde13.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Cwilde13 »

I think it's important to show that children can develop their own beliefs, ideas, and personalities, as opposed to making them mirror images of their parents. I think that making Cecilia too similar to Lucifer would have been a cop-out on the part of the author. I'm glad that Cecilia gets to be her own person, despite the influence of her infamous father.
Rashi Agrawal
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashi-agrawal.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Rashi Agrawal »

I am with the author. Cecilia has an altogether different personality. It is not necessary that the daughter must inherit the personality traits of her parents. One can have a completely different personality from their parents. I think the author must have put a lot of thought into it. And it makes the story and the character more interesting and compelling.
Emmanuel Anyalewechi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pharmemma.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Emmanuel Anyalewechi »

She could have inherited any other recessive trait from either of her parents, but not shown in her personality. But I think her personality depended on some other factors, like the environmental factor. Well, her exhibition of different personalities made the storylines interesting and engaging.
Jodeci 007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodeci-007.html
Latest Review: Inspiring Moments by Crystal Holdipp

Post by Jodeci 007 »

Well, mirroring her father's attitude would have made the story boring to me. I like that the author doesn't go that route. I loved her badass personality and liked how she eventually showed her sweet side in the story.
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

I take the side of the author on this one. Being Lucifer’s daughter does not mean that she has to inherit his personality. I enjoyed reading about her character so much. She was totally badass but with a sweet side too! I liked how she was able to define her own personality regardless of the influence of her father. I loved the depth to her character. The author did a good job on that.
Purplesturv
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purplesturv.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Purplesturv »

It's applauding that Cecilia's personality was entirely different to that of her fathers. I think it's a strong message telling us that our characters are not only shaped by heredity, but the environment also plays a vital role. It also makes an interesting plot for the story.
Jimmy Irvin
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-irvin.html
Latest Review: Nemesis Horizon Project by Eric Stephen Booth-Driver-Robinson

Post by Jimmy Irvin »

I would say that Cecilia does not have the personality of either of her parents. She has a little of both and has ner own unique personality. She displays she has whatever personality she wants. She has a conscience. In the beginning of the book she is acting just like Lucifer, killing innocent people, and taking people's souls to Hell. She was acting like Lucifer. Cecilia has something Lucifer does not, and that is a conscience!
Harsh Soni 3
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: How To Be Successful
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harsh-soni-3.html
Latest Review: Money Habits Grandma Taught Me by Luke Pentagon

Post by Harsh Soni 3 »

I am on the side of author. It is not necessary that children acquire the personality of their parents. And also it makes the story boring if the daughter is as same as her father.

Return to “Discuss "vagabond" by Mary A.J.”