Cecilia being Lucifer's daughter is compatible with her personality?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2021 Book of the month, "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.
Peace Chux
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-chux.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Re: Cecilia being Lucifer's daughter is compatible with her personality?

Post by Peace Chux »

I do think that the author was being realistic making it that way. We've seen children turn out to be as different as possible from their parents. Not having Cecilia join the status quo was empowering to say the least.
Arite Seki
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arite-seki.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Arite Seki »

I think her personality is compatible. Although a large part of our personalities may be influenced by what we see, it's not uncommon for children to differ from their parents in a lot of aspects
Soraya Bayah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thuriya-albayaa.html
Latest Review: The Lockdown Collection by Barry Jacob

Post by Soraya Bayah »

I adored her different personality, though she, like anyone else, had an evil side. It highlighted that even if she was the offspring of the devil himself, that does not mean she will inherit all his attributes. It made the story far more enjoyable and certainly showcased that we are what we chose to be.
Lucy Vera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Letter of Paul to the Americans by Nicholas F Mazza

Post by Lucy Vera »

Amynwankwo_ wrote: 02 Dec 2021, 03:32 I take the side of the author on this one. Being Lucifer’s daughter does not mean that she has to inherit his personality. I enjoyed reading about her character so much. She was totally badass but with a sweet side too! I liked how she was able to define her own personality regardless of the influence of her father. I loved the depth to her character. The author did a good job on that.
I agree with you, being the daughter of Lucifer doesn't mean she was to inherit his characters. I think I admired this part of the story. One must not be exactly like their parents were. As simple as that.
Amenrodion
Currently Reading: Fates Sweet Passion
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amenrodion.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Amenrodion »

I think that while making Cecilia's personality different from her father's was a predictable story arc, it made for great thematic development and better psychological analysis. Long story short, it made the novel, in my opinion, more thought-provoking and interesting
brooke oakes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brooke-oakes.html
Latest Review: The Intelligence Factor by Erik Fisher

Post by brooke oakes »

I enjoy the stance that the author took! I think this created an interesting dynamic between Cecilia and her father. It also allowed her character to have a stronger image in the story I believe.
Owuamanam Eberechukwu
Currently Reading: All will be revealed
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owuamanam-eberechukwu.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Owuamanam Eberechukwu »

I feel Cecilia lacks a lot as the princess of hell. No villainess, no evil nothing that distinguishes her as the princess of hell.
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
Hogwarts03
Currently Reading: Shatter Me
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hogwarts03.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Hogwarts03 »

I think that a child's personality should not be determined or judged by their parent's personality. It's completely believable that Cecilia is not exactly like her father and is actually a good person, carving her own way. And I feel that it's interesting for a parent and child to have conflicting personalities in a story as it adds necessary banter and depth to the story.
angelbhengu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelbhengu.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by angelbhengu »

I'm glad that Cecilia did not have the typical princess of Hell personality. It removes the cliche that most of us have towards her knowing that she is lucifer's daughter.
Radwa Abou Shousha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radwa-aboushousha.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Radwa Abou Shousha »

I agree with the author’s point of view. Children aren’t replicas of their parents’ personalities. A parent could be a saint and still have a bad child and vice versa. It would also be good to mention that nowadays there are so many variations and changes made to satan’s character in tv series and books and not all portray him as bad but just misunderstood
Nomfundo Simelane
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nomfundo-simelane.html
Latest Review: Midwinter Turns to Spring by Maria Veloso
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Nomfundo Simelane »

It’s very important to understand that parents play a very strong role in how their children grow up and who they become, however, it’s not always that children turn out the same way as their parents did. I like that Cecilia is her own person and is not a copy of her father.
Abi McCoy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abi-mccoy.html
Latest Review: The Scrolls of the Bonefairy Castle by David Spiegel

Post by Abi McCoy »

Bridgette C 2 wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 07:30 I wanna side with the author. Being Lucifer's daughter does not necessarily mean that she also has to have her father's attitude. What if Cecilia was just like Lucifer from the Lucifer series who got bored in hell and then he went to the mortal's world?

Anyway, it's good to know that Cecilia has not inherited evil attitude😅
I think you're absolutely right! It's a look at nature vs. nurture, and obviously nurture didn't win out on this one.
Lola_Scotch
Currently Reading: Who Told You That You Were Naked?
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lola-scotch.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by Lola_Scotch »

The author's choice to give Cecilia a personality, much unlike her father's offers more intrigue to the story. I think it also allows for a more relatable character, for people who may feel like misfits.
Fay KM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fay-km.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Fay KM »

I like how Cecilia possesses a rough and tough personality whilst also being sweet and at times. Having a personality full of evil that would completely match Lucifer's would have made the storyline slightly boring and weird. So, I believe the author does a great job by removing the cliche from the character, this brings forth a sense of refreshment to the storyline and breaths a level of excitement into the princess of Hell's personality.
britcott30
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Hello, My Love
Currently Reading: The Overdue Life of Amy Byler
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britcott30.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by britcott30 »

I don't think Cecilia has to follow his father's attitude or whatsoever. Maybe she likes just being herself and she's not comfortable when she has to adjust her personality to be the same as Lucifer.

Return to “Discuss "vagabond" by Mary A.J.”