Revelations in the Bible

Use this forum to discuss the December 2021 Book of the month, "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.
Hussein21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hussein21.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Re: Revelations in the Bible

Post by Hussein21 »

I am not familiar with the Bible and I find it hard to believe anything written in it because there are just too many translations.
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Post by Adaeze Joan »

I am a little bit conversant with the bible revelations , but I don't think it gives much help in understanding demons better.
Edith Mbwika
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Edith Mbwika »

Revelations is a wonderful book in the bible. It is a great insight into God's kingdom under his son Jesus. The first chapter reveals Jesus as king in heaven in his glory. The following chapters are messages to different churches, and reveal that Jesus watches and cares about the believers. Chapter six explains the things to come in the last days,some of which we are experiencing, like deaths from hunger and disease, like with covid, Aids and cancer.Chapter seven reveals the 144000 saints chosen from earth to rule with christ in heaven, and a second group of uncountable faithfuls from all nations serving under them(verse 9). chapter 12 relates what Jesus managed to accomplish on arrival to heaven after resurrection. He cleansed heaven by fighting Satan and his angels and threw them down . There is Triump in heaven and suffering on earth, as the devil knows his time is limited.Chap 19:19, shows the Kings of earth waging war against Jesus and his faithful. It will be an important time for Christians to witness Jesus triumph over Satan and the Kings of the world in God's war of Harmageddon, at the end of these last days.. Chap 20 shows the end of Satan whose thrown in abyss.chap 21 and 22 are. a great pro.ise for all faithful ones. There is a new heaven and a new earth, and death is no more. These chapters are filled with hope. In summary, Jesus revealed to John, the events to come and the wonderful prize of everlasting life under Christ's leadership that the faithful will enjoy, hence its title;Revelation.
Hussein21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hussein21.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Hussein21 »

Revelation has many theories and explanations depending on the Bible you read and I must confess that it made me lose my interest in what its origin is truly about
Praise George-kayode
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-george-kayode.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Praise George-kayode »

The revelations from the Bible must have helped a lot, but I dont seem to understand the whole ideas about demons or even how they work.
Stellah Chege
Currently Reading: Black Hat/White Hat: A tale of Good is Evil
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stellah-chege.html
Latest Review: Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem by Dr. Frank L. Douglas

Post by Stellah Chege »

This book was definitely a notch higher in explaining the concept of demons unlike the Bible which is mostly symbolic. However, I cannot say that I completely grasped the concept.
Venus2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-venus2304.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Venus2304 »

I am not quite familiar with the Bible so I can't draw my conclusion but I don't think a religious book would depict demons and all sorts.
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

The Revelation in the bible had an impact on me in understanding the book. The narration about demons was done well by the author but my knowledge about Revelation enhanced my understanding
Adenike279
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adenike279.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Adenike279 »

The revelations helped my understanding of demons. Yes! I've learned of demons before, but, this gave additional knowledge
Ajiboye Shola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajiboye-shola.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ajiboye Shola »

I am a pastor in my local church so Bible is a sure bet to first explain the concept of demons And their operations to me. apart from that, this book took a little step further in explaining demons' operation.
Janelydia Mwangi
Currently Reading: Bugs, Weeds, and Water
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelydia-mwangi.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg
Reading Device: Android

Post by Janelydia Mwangi »

Understanding the spiritual world needs the connection of faith because all religions connect in their view on the existence of good and evil. Hence , the Biblical allusion came in handy to those with existing knowledge and those who lack.
Preye I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preye-i.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Preye I »

I already know about the Bible and Demons, so the Revelations part didn't much for me. But I would understand how it would affect others who didn't know as much.
Larissa Sawers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-larissa-sawers.html
Latest Review: Speaks for Itself by Jeffrey Paul Bailey.

Post by Larissa Sawers »

Wasn't that important to me. I have consumed plenty of stories and other media about demons so I had a pretty good understanding. It suited the plot, which is what it was there for.
abbyvanana1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbyvanana1997.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by abbyvanana1997 »

As someone who isn't a big fan of reading the Bible, I don't see the sense. But I'm a big fan of this type of story, so the demon apparition part made it even more enjoyable for me. Not because of the Bible, but simply because of my imagination.
ItsBenny_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itsbenny.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by ItsBenny_ »

I already have a vast knowledge of demons from various movies and stories I've heard while growing up. I also have a very good understanding of the Bible which contributed to everything I know about it. So, yes, the Bible did have an impact on how I see demons.

Return to “Discuss "vagabond" by Mary A.J.”