Revelations in the Bible

Use this forum to discuss the December 2021 Book of the month, "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.
Lucy Vera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Letter of Paul to the Americans by Nicholas F Mazza

Re: Revelations in the Bible

Post by Lucy Vera »

I did not put so much thought into it. I always had some knowledge about demons. Although the author tried to shed more light on this, it did not change anything for me.
Brian Ruguru
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicroy.html
Latest Review: Sunshine Snow Snowbird by Kenneth Bainey

Post by Brian Ruguru »

Yes and No. Looking from a religious perspective, they would have had an impact on my view for demons. On the contrary, I read the book from a fictional point of view, so no, the revelations from the Bible did not have an impact.
Darrell Ingrum
Currently Reading: The Bounty Hunters
Bookshelf Size: 318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darrell-ingrum.html
Latest Review: Diamonds of Devil's Tail by A.W. Baldwin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Darrell Ingrum »

Well, not Revelations specifically, but I do enjoy connections to the Bible in general. As Christians, we wonder what Hell is really like, of course. Like, are the damned in a literal lake of fire or is it just, like, super hot? I've also heard it suggested that the Bible's mentioned of fire and burning figurative of the burning guilt we'll feel for our sins. So I found it interesting that Cecilia said, near the beginning, that her legs were burned, and she couldn't stand until she'd healed, because she'd had to swim in the fire. Also, I didn't think much of this at the time, but now I'm kind of dumbfounded: she said on page 57 that she'd could even cause the Apocalypse with snap of her fingers or an innocent flick of her wrist. Dang! For real?
Owuamanam Eberechukwu
Currently Reading: All will be revealed
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owuamanam-eberechukwu.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Owuamanam Eberechukwu »

Bertha Jackson wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 23:43 The revelations from the Bible helped me understand the demons better. Did they have an impact on your understanding of them?
Revelation did not say anything about woman demon. And it is ridiculous to consider this from the revelation(biblical) perspective because the world would have been different if the Bible mentioned anything about Lucifer having a blood daughter. However the Bible story and it’s language is religious but the author wrote in a language that is purely human and imaginary.
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
Derek Smucker
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Derek Smucker »

I feel like my understanding of demons is pretty small, but I do agree that Revelations gives a very unique insight into the things of the world to come
Joseph Umeokafor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-umeokafor.html
Latest Review: Hemingway's Daughter by Christine M. Whitehead

Post by Joseph Umeokafor »

It has no bearing on me as an individual because it contains no new revelation from the Bible.
They were revealed in advance by the Bible so that we would not be surprised or perplexed when we witnessed them.
Vivian Stones
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-stones.html
Latest Review: The Silicon Divide by Danielle Nowell

Post by Vivian Stones »

Yeah, that really helped in understanding demons and how they are, what they are capable of.
Peace Chux
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-chux.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Peace Chux »

The revelations in the Bible weren't the only thing that had an impact in my understanding of the demons in the book. There are other novels that did as much.
Raymonda onwuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymonda-onwuka.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Raymonda onwuka »

Yes, from the bible I had a basic understanding of demons. The novel is so much more detailed about the operations of demons than the bible.
Juliet Johnson
Currently Reading: Functional Dysfunction
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-johnson.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (German Edition) by Peter Liptak

Post by Juliet Johnson »

I don't think I'll ever understand demons and Revelations from the bible is doing nothing to help yet.
Radwa Abou Shousha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radwa-aboushousha.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Radwa Abou Shousha »

I don’t think the revelations contributed majorly to my understanding of demons and how they operate but they were a nice addition to the book. My actual understanding of demons was acquired while reading other books a few years ago.
Abi McCoy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abi-mccoy.html
Latest Review: The Scrolls of the Bonefairy Castle by David Spiegel

Post by Abi McCoy »

I think it was a good addition, and it was interesting how the author included details from the Bible concerning God, angels, and Heaven but from a demon's point of view. This added some interesting depth to the work.
Fay KM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fay-km.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Fay KM »

Personally, I am not familiar with the bible. However, I do believe that modern and contemporary imaginations of demons and monsters have greatly been influenced by religious texts.
Hogwarts03
Currently Reading: Shatter Me
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hogwarts03.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Hogwarts03 »

I honestly did try to understand both but the revelations from the bible themselves are very hard to understand, harder even because I'm not Christian, and they didn't help me understand about the demons. I just used my previous knowledge from other fantasy novels to aid my understanding of the demons.
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

The concept of demons is quite profound. The revelation from the bible could be the beginning of its understanding but not the end. As for me, my culture has a place for demons and studying my culture has helped me understand them before reading this book.

Return to “Discuss "vagabond" by Mary A.J.”