Revelations in the Bible

Use this forum to discuss the December 2021 Book of the month, "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.
Taana Ueh
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taana-ueh.html
Latest Review: No Dark Clouds by R W Nelson

Re: Revelations in the Bible

Post by Taana Ueh »

I think the book explained the concepts of the demons. Wasn't exactly significant addition
Abi1
Currently Reading: A Kingdom's Cost
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abi1.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B01KLMX1KM

Post by Abi1 »

Amy Luman wrote: 06 Dec 2021, 12:53 I have been reading the Revelations since I was very little and they were read to me before I could do it myself and they are VERY hard to understand. I really don’t think that any rational person can get a real understanding of demons and what they represent. Even though demons and what they do are very real I think that understanding them is beyond me so, no, the excerpts didn’t really help in that way although I think that they added to the story.

Definitely agree that understanding demons I beyond me. I feel that many things are not in our grasp to understand as of yet due to the fact that we aren't ready to grasp the fullness of our world in all its aspects. Revelations in the Bible is one book that has so much going on in it. I think this book gives a little insight into demons, however, that's not its focus. It is a warning to those who read it of what is to become of this world, using literal as well as figurative language that not many will understand. However, the more I've read it and prayed for God's enlightenment of His word, the more my eyes are opened to His word and what He is conveying to us.
Ebi Robert
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebi-robert.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Ebi Robert »

Yes, the Bible does. You know that Prince of Persia and Prince of Grecia stuff. It adds to the knowledge of their hierarchy, and power. The book of Daniel to be precise.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

Revelations was particularly significant in my understanding of the demons. Out of curiosity, I do a lot studying of the Bible, and have read the book of revelations a couple of time, so yes, it was significant to me.
STabassum
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stabassum.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by STabassum »

The novel definitely makes one ponder about the existence of demons in the light of biblical revelations. However, by going deeper into the interpretations and inner meaning of biblical teachings, we will understand that it does not provide great insights into the existence of demons in the real world and leaves it to the imagination of people.
Adelee Grobler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adelee-grobler.html
Latest Review: Hemiphos by Stefanie Jacob
Reading Device: B0979KD57W

Post by Adelee Grobler »

No the Bible didn’t assist in my understanding of demons. I have my own experience with demons, however, the Bible did teach me how to handle attacks from demons. I’ve read Revelations, but could never understand much of it.
Chinaka94
Currently Reading: Making Her His
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaka94.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chinaka94 »

The book provides enough information about how demons operate and I think the bible excerpts played a part.
Azuka_05
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-05.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Azuka_05 »

Revelation has always been hard to understand. So, it was not so for me. I only read the book as a novel. No comparism.
Nwadinso Okoro
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-okoro.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy (series) by Claire Youmans

Post by Nwadinso Okoro »

I already have ample knowledge from the Bible about demons, but the knowledge I have is not only from the Bible. The impact was not quite strong.
Pauline Parnell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Beyond the Clouds, the Sky is Blue
Bookshelf Size: 517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauline-parnell.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Pauline Parnell »

I do believe the bible does speak about demons. Demons are real and they do affect the activities of humans. It is for us to avoid their influence.
Blessing O 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-o-2.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Blessing O 2 »

The author portrayed the characters in the demons in a way that the readers would understand. But, the knowledge of the bible gave me a fundamental and further understanding.
BINAJIRU
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by BINAJIRU »

I've read a lot of books about revealing biblical depths, but this makes me understand demons better. Their activities are quite enthralling
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

Bertha Jackson wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 23:43 The revelations from the Bible helped me understand the demons better. Did they have an impact on your understanding of them?
I think an understanding of the Bible can impact your interpretation but isn’t necessarily completely needed for a reading of the text.
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

I have read through Revelations many times and it has not helped my complete understanding of demons. This book was very good and I got a lot from it, but not enough to fully understand it all. I do have a little better clarity now however. I’m glad for the writing of this book.
Emprez15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emprez15.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Higher Ground by Thomas A. Brigger

Post by Emprez15 »

I got the understanding of demons from the Bible when reading revelations, Sunday School teachings, and a bit from novels. It's not much but it can suffice.

Return to “Discuss "vagabond" by Mary A.J.”