Plot Twist

Use this forum to discuss the December 2021 Book of the month, "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.
Taana Ueh
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taana-ueh.html
Latest Review: No Dark Clouds by R W Nelson

Re: Plot Twist

Post by Taana Ueh »

Brett Linette wrote: 10 Dec 2021, 09:20 I think the best plot twist is when we find out that the murder which turned Alexander into a demon was arguably an act of self-defense. It was wild to go from judging him to feeling sorry for him.

What do you guys think? Was there one plot twist in the book that you felt stood out from the rest?
Had mixed feelings towards this. There could have been a better way out. So I'm not sure I felt sorry. Although, it was sad.
Gabriella H
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: A Man Who Would Be King
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella-h.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Gabriella H »

dpadgett1 wrote: 10 Dec 2021, 12:34 I think finding out her watch was the missing artifact was a crazy plot twist, especially the way we found out! It makes me wonder if it was known that she was Lucifer’s daughter when it was given to her since it would be so dangerous in his hands
Yeah, I think this was the biggest plot twist to me. This one definitely stood out to me. I was like how ironic that the artifact would be in the hands of Lucifer's daughter all this time, so close to him.
Ify-babe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ify-babe.html
Latest Review: The Spiritual Game of Golf . . . and of life by Gerald Collier Davis

Post by Ify-babe »

The plot twist that stood out for me was finding out the circumstances in which Alexander became a demon. It changed my perspective about him and made me feel sorry for him.
Shridhar Suryawanshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shridhar-suryawanshi.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Shridhar Suryawanshi »

I kind of liked the plot twist because I got a chance to see the demon part of the character's side. But I do not necessarily feel sorry for Alexander since, well, he turned into a demon.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

6eyed wrote: 10 Dec 2021, 21:16 Probably finding out that Gabriel was her savior who had made a promise to Catherine. It seems a little convenient at first, but it adds an extra layer of melancholy to Cecilia's mother trying to kill her own child.
I have to agree with this.
Gabriel saving her is a major plot twist. One would never expect an angel to come to her aid.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I didn't feel sorry for him. He didn't have to carry out murder. It's funny, the person who should be evil isn't, and the one who shouldn't be is
Melissa VanCleave Plant
Currently Reading: Looking Glass Friends
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-vancleave-plant.html
Latest Review: Heroes of Atlantis by Ryan Carriere
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melissa VanCleave Plant »

There were so many plot twists. I do think that Alexander becoming a demon after an act of what was surely self-defense was the most shocking. He seemed so inherently evil. I was not nearly as surprised by the Angels at the end or the watch being the Artifact.
sabira62
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabira62.html
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Post by sabira62 »

I think the murder that turned alexander into a demon is what triggered him to do demonc things, even though he did think about being a demon before he died, he still didn't do anything evil but the murder kind of gave him the nudge he wanted to be so since he felt the taste of murder even if it was self defence
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo
Alyssa444
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alyssa444.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by Alyssa444 »

I agree. That was an interesting twist, but it seemed like with that twist, suddenly his character was likeable and noble all of a sudden. When he was the demon who fought with her in the crypt, being nasty, tearing her clothes off and saying cruel things. I felt like more character developement was needed with him.
Ghuddie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie.html
Latest Review: Better Angels Lesley Gore Dusty Springfield by Linden Lelievre

Post by Ghuddie »

Yeah, I agree. That was the major plot twist for me as well. I had judged Alexander so much that it took me a little time to develop sorry feelings for him.
Marisol Mendez
Currently Reading: Milk and Honey
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisol-mendez.html
Latest Review: Wandering Feelings by Boyko Ovcharov

Post by Marisol Mendez »

The plot twist that stood out to me most was the ending. How ironic that an angel is the one who saved Cecilia, satan’s daughter!
expansive writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-expansive-writer.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by expansive writer »

When a person kills he automatically be a demon he will not fear murder because he has once done it and this what Happened to Alexander.
Stellah Chege
Currently Reading: Black Hat/White Hat: A tale of Good is Evil
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stellah-chege.html
Latest Review: Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem by Dr. Frank L. Douglas

Post by Stellah Chege »

The twist was actually very interesting to find out. I did have a bit of pity, but then again he did so much evil later. Maybe from a psychological point of view it can be seen as denial and acting out, but it went a long way to show the kind of characters Alexander was.
Venus2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-venus2304.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Venus2304 »

I think finding out her watch was the missing artifact was a crazy plot twist!
It makes me wonder if it was known that she was Lucifer’s daughter when it was given to her since it would be so dangerous in his hands. Also I feel some twists in the book are just to make the book too long.
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

The major plot twist for me the self-defense of Alexander. I felt sorry for him. I couldn't find reasons to judge him for the act.

Return to “Discuss "vagabond" by Mary A.J.”