Which Kiss Was Better?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2021 Book of the month, "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.
Adenike279
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adenike279.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Re: Which Kiss Was Better?

Post by Adenike279 »

I prefer kisses on the lips like that of Sebastian and Cecilia. It signifies intense feelings and affection .
AmberLiz
Currently Reading: The Freedom Building
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amberliz.html
Latest Review: The Assignment by Don Chance

Post by AmberLiz »

I thought when Sebastian kissed Cecilia on the cheek it carried just as much impact as if he would've kissed her anywhere else. It was still an expression of his love, it was honest and truthful, and it was not just an act or display. I thought it was quite the romantic moment.
Stizzy Monday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stizzy-monday.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Stizzy Monday »

I won't totally agree with you on this one.
no matter how exciting the kiss on the cheek may seem, I still believe that the kiss on the lips had more connection to it. It's their first kiss, it's the consummation of their love.
Janelydia Mwangi
Currently Reading: Bugs, Weeds, and Water
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelydia-mwangi.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg
Reading Device: Android

Post by Janelydia Mwangi »

A kiss is not the touch by the lips but communicates from where it's given, to who? and when?Alexander kissing Cecilia was unplanned, not awaited hence it was received with shock and no feelings attached but Sebastian's kiss on the cheek wow! Just aroused their mutual feeling and showed he was romantic but on the lips sealed their love though late it still assured her that she still his queen. Many may perceive the kiss came when already they were in a relationship but it was worth.
Reader-247
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-247.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Reader-247 »

The kiss on the lips for me was kind of like a “finally” triumphant moment for me but the kiss on the cheek was like a step forward or like a concrete realisation so I would say it was easily romantic and sweet.
Larissa Sawers
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-larissa-sawers.html
Latest Review: Speaks for Itself by Jeffrey Paul Bailey.

Post by Larissa Sawers »

The kiss on the cheek was written better. It highlighted the emotions Sebastian and Cecilia were feeling and added to the story. The kiss with Alexander was my favorite, but it could have been written better. The writer sapped the passion out of it. Though it was for show, so it might have been on purpose.
Sia P
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sia-p.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sia P »

I still can't get over the kiss on Cecelia's cheek that Sebastian gave her. I could feel the affection between the two just sitting on my bed.
abbyvanana1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbyvanana1997.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by abbyvanana1997 »

It makes no difference to me what kind of kiss Cecilia manages to make. To me, what matters is the ingenuity and sincerity with which each kiss was delivered. Because I saw and feel it on Sebastian, I'm going with that one rather than Alexander.
Choky
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-choky.html
Latest Review: My life uncensored by Cristina Caymares

Post by Choky »

I loved when they kissed on the lips. It was a thrill for me knowing that they were in love, and the chemistry between them was unmistakably strong.
tyron esendi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tyron-esendi.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by tyron esendi »

Fireside119 wrote: 10 Dec 2021, 20:29 Although the kiss on the lips is boring, I prefer it because it affirms love. You likened that kiss to a couple saying "I love you" after marriage and kids. That analogy is fitting because marriage and kids don't guarantee a happy ending for the couple. If a couple is even stronger after years of marriage and kids, then that's impressive. Hence, the kiss on the lips is powerful and a testament to Sebastian and Cecilia's love.
I also felt that the kiss on the lips was an affirmation of their love. Passion and romance are still thrilling even after the couple knows they are in love. I liked the kiss on the lips more than the kiss on the cheek.
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

Amy Luman wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 12:23 I find it hard to compare the two. Sebastian’s on the cheek was full of love and the one on the lips was just for show.
I thought the same thing too! The kiss on the cheek was much more intimate to me even in it’s simplicity. I felt that scene more.
Atieno Magero
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

I think I liked it better when they kissed on the lips. The lip kisses were more heated than cheek kisses. It showed more intimacy to me.
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Post by Menace Crypto »

I agree with you completely. The kiss on the cheek depicted love and was more compelling than that on the lips. The one on the lips ain't that bad, but I just think it doesn't portray their emotional connection as the one on the lips.
Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuebuka-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo »

While the lips-to-lips kiss is tedious, I prefer it since it confirms affection. You compared the kiss to a couple declaring "I love you" after marriage and childbirth. That comparison is appropriate since marriage and children do not guarantee the pair a happy ending. If a relationship becomes even stronger as a result of years of marriage and children, it is remarkable. As a result, the lips-to-lips kiss is strong and a testimony to Sebastian and Cecilia's love.
Yennefer_
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yennefer.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Yennefer_ »

The kiss between Cecilia and Sebastian was my favourite. The kiss with Sebastian seems more authentic because it is Cecilia's first kiss and love encounter, even if it isn't as intense as Alexander's.

Return to “Discuss "vagabond" by Mary A.J.”