Did you find Cecilia likeable?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2021 Book of the month, "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.
auth_r
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-auth-r.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Re: Did you find Cecilia likeable?

Post by auth_r »

As for my opinion, Cecilia is a little likable character. There are just times where I found her a little rude. Especially when she acts like a spoiled rebel daughter. I don't know about you guys, but she is somehow likable.
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

valeriejane wrote: 10 Dec 2021, 17:49 I wish that Cecilia had a few human flaws to make her human side more authentic and personable. While I wanted to root for Cecilia, all too often she displayed the hallmarks of a spoiled rich girl who was mad at her daddy.
Did anyone else have a problem relating to Cecilia?
I did not find her very likable. She was definitely hard to get though and did not have very much redeeming about her.
sabira62
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabira62.html
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Post by sabira62 »

valeriejane wrote: 10 Dec 2021, 17:49 I wish that Cecilia had a few human flaws to make her human side more authentic and personable. While I wanted to root for Cecilia, all too often she displayed the hallmarks of a spoiled rich girl who was mad at her daddy.
Did anyone else have a problem relating to Cecilia?
she wouldn't have human flaws because she's not human, she is just in the body of a human but she's still lucifer's daughter and a creature from hell, so for her to have human attributes and character and personality couldn't match with her background, as for her being likable, I couldn't really decide weather to like or not.
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo
Hana_Fabro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hana-fabro.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Hana_Fabro »

I usually don't like girls who act like spoiled brats yet they use their parent's money while acting all high. But Cecilia is an exception. I like how she acts so sassy. I totally agree with her about disliking her father. Cecilia is a very likable character.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

I mean there is no question that she would have character flaws in relation to the human world she has lived in hell for 201 years obviously she's not gonna be a normal 16 year old girl on earth and it would be weird if she didn't have any characteristic from hell world it's not like she was reborn she just took over a body so that was normal for me
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
marydavis4498
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by marydavis4498 »

I felt like Cecilia didn't have much of a personality. I didn't understand/see her sense of humor, her flaws, how she actually felt being in the human world. She didn't struggle the way I thought she would, never did something embarrassing, never really interacts fully with anyone other than like 4 people who all instantly love her. I wanted more from her, showing me more aspects of who she is actually instead of being told she was perfect.
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

Initially, I didn't like Cecilia at all, but moving on, she was seen to have accepted her wrong doings and she made efforts to become better which indicates maturity. Her character hence became much more likeable.
maya held
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by maya held »

In the end, Cecilia seemed a bit immature to me and quite childish but this characterisation made her more relatable.
Hihiamira
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hihiamira.html
Latest Review: The Illusion of Superiority by Christopher Joseph

Post by Hihiamira »

Cécilia didn't appeal to me; she has a despicable character; typically, she should be mature and wise.🤔🤔🤔
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: Words of Wisdom: INSPIRING QUOTES for Everyone by Sharef Flounoy

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

Cecelia was clearly a non human trying to exist in a human world. Her ability to mingle and relate with humans, shows the increased versatility of the character . Annoying?, Rude?, Well those are all human qualities to me. Definitely likable
Edem Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edem-michael.html
Latest Review: Loria by Gunnar Hedman

Post by Edem Michael »

Judging from the way the author wrote the book, I like Cecelia's character. Although she had flaws, I believe the flaws were there because she was trying to live with a different perspective amongst humans. I didn't have any problem relating with Cecelia.
Latest Review: Loria by Gunnar Hedman
iplamenova
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by iplamenova »

I didn't like her that much. She was too arrogant and some of her actions weren't that mature for her age.
Elisa Joy Ocasla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elisa-joy-ocasla.html
Latest Review: Speech! by Simon Prentis

Post by Elisa Joy Ocasla »

Despite all of Cecilia's misdeeds in this narrative, she remains an endearing character. In many instances, I admired her for being fearless, gutsy, and astute. The author has gone to considerable lengths to create Cecilia.
NwakorVian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwakorvian.html
Latest Review: The Weed Lady by Shea R Embry

Post by NwakorVian »

Although she's quite annoying, I do like her because of the few human traits her character displayed. Her evil side always takes over proving she's not human and definitely Lucifer's daughter
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

It’s hard to stick by if I like her character or if I dislike it because my mind changed honestly throughout the book. I liked how she learned to be a normal living human but I didn’t understand some of her motives and reasonings behind some of the things she did.I didn’t really like the way she acted when in fact she was so old in the story

Return to “Discuss "vagabond" by Mary A.J.”