Love Triangle or Tease

Use this forum to discuss the December 2021 Book of the month, "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.
Valerie Garske
Currently Reading: the girl who know Davanci
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-garske.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Love Triangle or Tease

Post by Valerie Garske »

Was Cecilia being fair to Sebastian? She came on strong and won him over, then she is kissing Alexander. She can't deny that passion and the connection, but where was the passion for Sebastian? Was is fair for her to string both boys along, until she made a choice? Was it her demonic side that created the triangle and loved the attention?
Joe Candle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joe-candle.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Joe Candle »

I think that Cecilia was fair to Sebastian because their relationship seemed very truthful for me.
Ahñ Mèiã
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ah-m-i.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

In my opinion, that is her demonic instincts, the desire for more. Because if she really loved him why would she sting them both at the same time?
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

I really do think it is quite unfair to string two boys along and the test for this is we definitely wouldn't want this happening to us. Either ways I expected her to sort her feelings out before proceeding with either.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond

Post by Amy Luman »

No, it wasn’t fair, but my dad always told me that life is not fair. To be truthful both boys allowed themselves to be led on.
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

I think if Cecilia truly loved Sebastian she wouldn't have kissed someone else but at the same time, her desire to want more is not justified as her demonic side. I think it was her personal choice.
:tiphat:
Lucy Vera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Letter of Paul to the Americans by Nicholas F Mazza

Post by Lucy Vera »

I felt she could have figured out who she would prefer more instead of just stringing them along. However, we've mostly been in the same situation. Whether she was being fair to Sebastian? All is fair in love.
Danielle Briggs
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle-briggs.html
Latest Review: Moonlit Nights by Jacob Parr

Post by Danielle Briggs »

It definitely wasn't fair to Sebastian, especially continuing to sneak around after choosing him to be with. I think Alexander seems like the type to keep tempting her because he wants to "win" her, and I think Cecilia will continue to meet up with him. Poor Sebastian will be stuck in the dark, blindly loving her.
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

That is actually the negative aspect of the book for me. I find it unfair to Sebastian and Alexander for Cecilia to be kissing and leading on both guys. She should definitely pick one guy first. But I can also see how this love triangle can exemplify the internal struggle between Cecilia's good and bad side. It also adds a romantic element to the book that appeals to young readers.
Eunice Geres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eunice-geres.html
Latest Review: Reflections by Dan Babcock

Post by Eunice Geres »

It really was unfair to Sebastian. but I don't think she led on both of them because of her 'demonic' side. Sometimes people just really are horrible and choose desire and temptation. But then again, Cecilia's character could use a little improvement. If maybe she is a little believable, then maybe the love triangle would be a great example of the fight between being good and bad.
Eutoc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eutoc.html
Latest Review: My Ups And Downs by Sam Barder

Post by Eutoc »

Cecilia was unfair to both boys. While claiming her affection for Sebastian was strong, she's appearing like a two-timer in my own opinion. A love triangle doesn't fit for this trio, since only one of them was pulling the strings.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Valerie Garske

Post by Valerie Garske »

meiafidaa_7 wrote: 11 Dec 2021, 15:51 In my opinion, that is her demonic instincts, the desire for more. Because if she really loved him why would she sting them both at the same time?
Exactly. If she loved him more than a brother then she would not be wanting Alexander.
Valerie Garske

Post by Valerie Garske »

Eutoc wrote: 12 Dec 2021, 12:26 Cecilia was unfair to both boys. While claiming her affection for Sebastian was strong, she's appearing like a two-timer in my own opinion. A love triangle doesn't fit for this trio, since only one of them was pulling the strings.
I agree, it is clear she has romantic feelings for Alexander, and more like friendship for Sebastian. In fact, would not be surprised if we find out he is her brother. Like Princess Leah and Star wars.
Valerie Garske

Post by Valerie Garske »

Eutoc wrote: 12 Dec 2021, 12:26 Cecilia was unfair to both boys. While claiming her affection for Sebastian was strong, she's appearing like a two-timer in my own opinion. A love triangle doesn't fit for this trio, since only one of them was pulling the strings.
Agreed, the love triangle didn't work because she kissed Alexander, at that point she made her choice and became a cheater.
Muskan Upadhyaya
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-upadhyaya.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Muskan Upadhyaya »

According to me Cecilia was in true love with Sebastian but she kissed the other guy and it just happened in a flow. That kiss didn't mean any specific feeling.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Return to “Discuss "vagabond" by Mary A.J.”